It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Fear : Loss of freedoms or covid19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

1. rather fear of infecting others.
2. a liberal sometimes conservative who would like to be more independent.
3. somewhere between 40 and 50.
4. urban
edit on 31-3-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

1. COVID-19

2. Conservative

3. 40-30

4. Rural

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Then I remember this-

(CNN)North Korea will send a "Christmas gift" to the United States, but what that present contains will depend on the outcome of ongoing talks between Washington and Pyongyang, a top official has warned.

And really begin to wonder if NK is just saying they have no confirmed cases or...

North Korea Claims No Coronavirus Cases. Can It Be Trusted?

www.nytimes.com...

All speculation of course...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wondered why someone would ask for a totally unscientific survey and then you told us. Curiosity.

Well, I hold with that old saying,'' you show me yours and I will make up something and show you mine.

But seriously, why search for information like this. Just random input based on random people on a random website? Or maybe you have a theory or something that you are looking to develop?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I wondered why someone would ask for a totally unscientific survey and then you told us. Curiosity.

Well, I hold with that old saying,'' you show me yours and I will make up something and show you mine.

But seriously, why search for information like this. Just random input based on random people on a random website? Or maybe you have a theory or something that you are looking to develop?

I showed you mine in the beginning of this... I wondered what correlation there might be between age, location, political affiliations and the topic at hand....people fearing loss of freedoms vs. trying to stop the spread of this covid19....nothing more or less...I do get SS check, but not from the CIA....actually thought the difference would most likely be age, since this covid19 has us old guys in it's ' crosshairs.....oh., I forgot to thank you for answering my questions as requested ?

edit on 31-3-2020 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

He who wants to give up freedom for temporary safety deserves neither . If telling you what’s up is being a jerk then I hope your kids and grandkids don’t give up Their freedoms like you are hoping to.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well then I will begin. I am 73 like you have you suggested you are. At this point in my life I"m not so concerned of losing more of my freedoms as what would I do with them anyway. Freedom to choose Coke or Pepsi? Who cares. Freedom to travel? I don't care about travel as I have cut out for my wife and I a nice house out in the country with lots of wild life and fish off the bank of our acerage. My physical freedom is already impinged enough by age to not have that concern much. I could easily take one of my shotguns and take care of myself quickly should things get worse.

I suppose I might consider others, whether or not we will be leaving our children and grand children, and as is my case great grand children a future in which they can live and thrive with the freedoms we held when we were young, and by extrapolation, the rest of society . But you know what? For the last 40 years I have held that concern and at this point find that it is much to late to really rectify the problems we have dug for ourselves.

As far as conservative or liberal, you might, by the nature of this site assume that most of your replies would identify as conservative. You may assume that I am too, or, you may assume that I am liberal by the tone of how most folk here respond to my additions to threads or that I have often authored threads about what a dunce Trump is. You may fee free to do so for your own information and curiosity.

But for myself, I prefer to remain open for wisdom from either of what many consider to be this great divide. Locking myself down to one side or the other only hastens ones own mental demise and at this point in our lives, that is the greatest loss of freedom I am concerned with.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
To give a slightly more serious answer.

1: Loss of freedoms (cause once they are gone nothing short of war will get them back)

2: Constitutionalist

3:47

4:Rural

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

1. Spread of Covid with so much still unknown. Our rights can be won back if they are ACTUALLY permanently taken. Death is final.

2. Independent. There is no political affiliation at the moment though. No teams but one.

3. 36 YO.

4. Urban. Bronx, NYC. In the epicenter for Covid in the US.

edit on 31-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

He who wants to give up freedom for temporary safety deserves neither . If telling you what’s up is being a jerk then I hope your kids and grandkids don’t give up Their freedoms like you are hoping to.

like our grandparents did back in 1968 or grate grandparents in 1939 howabout the patriot act and so on ... let's face it no generation is immune every generation has given up something and will continue untell theres nothing left to give

I fear nether the virus or loss of rights the virus wont end the world and we decided not everyone deserves rights back in 1968

Picking a political side is like choosing arsenic over cyanide

I'm a 80s kid and a dessert rat

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
1 .Loss of freedom

2. None. I despise labels

3. 61 and older

4. rural

The folks "in charge" saw how easy it was to completely terrify some of the citizens when Trump was elected.
This is just an extension of that.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what freedoms will be removed.

The right to a fair trial, while money is a key factor.

The guns, sure you can keep em, just means the cops will have bigger ones.

The right to freedom of speech? Well, if ain't evident, everyone's speaking, all the while in past kingdoms, conspiracies were meant with harsh punishments. All the while, everyone will still have a right to bitch.

Just curious, even though this sounds like a giant chinese finger trap.
edit on 31-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Or post 9/11 with the patriot act... whip fear into a frenzy and people become mindless sheep begging big govt to save them.

I say that as a recovering sheep that fell for it in 2001.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
1. I fear loss of freedoms way more than a mild flu

2. Conservative

3. under 61

4. Rural

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

I'm not sure what I've said that lead you to believe I want to give up any freedom. I asked some questions, general ones.I've explained to Terry McGuire why I did that. Do you think people , who have been asked by the government and health officials to self contain, are having their freedom ripped away? What about people from NYC that leave and have no concern for the people who live ,where they have fled to ? If you are younger, I can understand why you're not too worried about being infected...what about infecting your mom and dad....is that ok ? Is spreading a pandemic willfully a crime ? When asked by our government and cdc to stay in place so as to not spread this virus....somehow eroding you're freedoms ? If you care about other people and their well being , why would it be wrong to want to do what it takes stop the spread of this disease ?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

1. Loss of freedoms by far

2. Libertarian

3. 40s

4. suburban

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
1. Do you fear loss of your freedoms more or do you fear contracting or spreading covid19 more ?

2.Are you an independent, liberal or conservative ?

3. What is your age group.....39 or younger, 40-60, 61 and older ?

4. Where do you live ? Simply.....rural or urban.

1. Freedoms 100% all damn day long. The list of things that worry me more than Coronavirus is longer than the list of things that worry me less.

2. Conservative, Hard Right

3. 40-60

4. Technically urban, but by Lesser 48 standards rural. (I'm in Alaska's idea of urban)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So, I'd like some clarification from you. I'm not trying to personally attack you, so I hope you don't take it that way. It's my understanding that you're not an US citizen, so your views on personal freedoms and such are likely much different than the average US citizen.

That being said. Do you think it would be unjust for me to consider you to be selfish? I hear many older people deride younger people under the assumption that they think younger people don't care about putting older people in jeopardy. Yet, here you are a much older person who doesn't care too much if everyone, young and old, lose freedoms because you want to try and potentially prolong your life by a few more years.

Instead of try to help preserve what rights we as people across the world struggle to maintain you're willing to say screw everyone because you're worried? You've already outlived many and avoided a vast array of potential life ending scenarios. How many years do you think you have left? Don't take this the wrong way please as I do hope you live as long as you're enjoying life. It's a terrible way to go out from suffering. But, are you certain this is the right mindset? Screw the younger generations because of selfishness?

As far as the OP goes I'm not worried about providing what has been asked as I'm as vocal offline as I am online.

1. Loss of freedoms.

2. I have conservative stances on some things, and liberal stances on some things. I believe we should make it a goal to be able to provide for ourselves before we can help others.

3. 30

4. In between surburbia and rural life.
edit on 3132020 by AutomateThis1 because: Grammar

edit on 3132020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Freedom

Conservative

Rural

Now what's this all about?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

1. I just want to go to work, trying to understand why booze, buds and big macs are essential when I could very well catch the virus (if I haven't already, got over being sick about a week ago?) A little stir crazy and GTA% only keeps me occupied for a minute.

2. not sure where I lean, I'll say I was leaning conservative because I can't associate with people losing their minds and acting like straight up entitled lil biscuit heads...

3. Psssh I'm 21.. ok you got me I'm 41 hiding under Db's bed in the mumu....

4. I'm in between sort of rural but close enough to skate out of town if need be.. have a few places in mind, nothing real appealing.. All my camping gear is in the back of the car along with a few gas cans in the garage close by just in case, just need to load up the food, water and "essentials" and I'll be good for at least a month.. as for protection? I'm pretty screwed there as I put in for my Foid card waaay too late.. be messy if I have to use my machete like a katana! but it is what it is..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join