It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorely Disappointed...Who are YOU???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

For all the “my rights are being trampled upon by the virus restrictions” keyboard-warriors here…guess what? Go out, have a party, invite all your friends, ALL of them…have a great big party. Dance around the fire and shoot your guns in the air to scare anyone who dare tries to stop you! You’re free after all…dammit! Go do it!!! Stop pissing and moaning about it, and just go DO IT!! (Otherwise…STFU!)

Most grown adults don’t care about parties with their friends or shooting their guns around a fire. We’re not trying to scare anyone either. We’re trying to live our lives, go to work, have our kids go to school, pay our bills and continue saving for our retirement. But then we have people like you willing to give up al freedoms for a little safety. Go be scared in your house and remove yourself from society instead of expecting everyone else to do your job for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Oh boy, do I have a GREAT rejoinder for you! LOL!! However, I think I will refrain for now.

That last sentence sure did give me a chuckle though!

edit on 3/31/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I’m having a poker party tonight. We will all be touching our mouths, noses and eyes. Then passing the cards around over and over.

“Fu## the bozos”

-Brad Pitt 12 Monkeys-

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

In the state of VA, as of yesterday, we could get charged of a class one misdemeanor for not practicing social distancing or getting together in groups.

I guess the govenor afraid if this all blows up and he did nothing, he'd get caught with black egg on his face.
edit on 31-3-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess the govenor afraid if this all blows up and he did nothing, he'd get caught with black[/stike] egg on his face.

Says all you need to know about your governor.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Uh oh... did I misread? Color me mortified and I hereby sentence myself to 20 lashings with a wet noodle...

My bad. My apologies. And good to know!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I agree with you sentiment and BTW I miss your old avatar.

According to WebMD.

There are also a lot of viruses that doctors haven't identified. About 20%-30% of colds in adults are caused by these "unknown" bugs.

How and When They Strike

Cold viruses have a lot in common, but each type has its own style, too.

Rhinovirus. This bunch is most active in early fall, spring, and summer. They cause 10%-40% of colds. You'll feel plenty miserable when you catch one, but the good news is they rarely make you seriously sick.

Coronavirus. These tend to do their dirty work in the winter and early spring. The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds. There are more than 30 kinds, but only three or four affect people.

RSV and parainfluenza. These viruses cause 20% of colds. They sometimes lead to severe infections, like pneumonia, in young children.

What's Not Causing Your Cold

Time to set the record straight. There's no evidence that you get sick because you've been out in cold weather. And don't worry if you got overheated. It doesn't lead to a cold either.

Another myth says your diet is the cause. Don't pay attention to that tall tale. And ignore someone who says you're getting sick because your tonsils or adenoids are large.

On the other hand, research suggests that stress and allergies that affect your nose or throat may raise your chances of getting infected by a cold virus.

Other Causes of the Common Cold

About 10% to 15% of adult colds are caused by viruses also responsible for other, more severe respiratory illnesses.

The causes of 20%-30% of adult colds, presumed to be viral, remain unidentified. The same viruses that produce colds in adults appear to cause colds in children. The relative importance of various viruses in children's colds, however, is unclear because it's difficult to isolate the precise cause of symptoms in studies of children with colds.

There is no evidence that you can get a cold from exposure to cold weather or from getting chilled or overheated.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

We’re trying to live our lives, go to work, have our kids go to school, pay our bills and continue saving for our retirement. But then we have people like you willing to give up al freedoms for a little safety. Go be scared in your house and remove yourself from society instead of expecting everyone else to do your job for you.

If someone that feels like this was told the truth about whats going on, I think there would be a change of attitude.

If there is no terrible truth to tell us, then this is the right attitude IMO.

If some on this site know what's going on, they should take us into RATS and tell us.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Weird times huh....

Look...I am not big on politicians or government and generally have a healthy problem with authority.

Why am I staying at home?

Because my doctor told me to stay the F home...

I'm not afraid of some flu, haven't had the flu in 15 years and my immune system is on steroids but experts tell us this thing is moving so fast that it could flood our healthcare-system so in the name of solidarity I am more than willing to ride this thing out and STAY THE F HOME...

We'll deal with the economy later....it's only money.

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

But you won’t go do it! You won’t go do it because YOU TOO are afraid. Instead, you’ll sit behind your computer screen and endlessly espouse all the hypothetical absolutes of freedom, cite the Constitution and the Founding Fathers endlessly from the safety and security of YOUR own self-isolation. All you are doing is trying to incite others. Do you really want a civil war? Is that what you really want, rioting in the streets, anarchy and chaos??? If so, then go DO IT! Go right on out there with your bad-self and lead the charge! DO IT! But you won’t.

I'm literally outside of my house and around people every day.

And I'm in the part of the country which is the most affected.

If youre so scared, by all means, stay inside, not just now, but forever.

Anything could happen once you leave your home.

For example, you could die from the regular flu or pneumonia (which kills 152 per day).

What about a car accident, (which kills 109 people per day).

On second thought, you may not want to stay inside either...

Falling is the second leading cause of home death. In 2017, 36,338 people in the US died from a fall.

Thats almost 100 deaths a day due to falls INSIDE your home.

Cant go outside, cant stay inside...

Now what?

ETA:

If businesses want to remain open knowing the risks, thats their right.

If people choose to patronize those businesses or choose be around others knowing the risks, thats also their right.

Its called voluntary association.

I'm not opposed to anything, staying away from others, closing your business etc., so long as its voluntary.

"Wrapping yourself in the constitution".

You dont care about rights and individual liberties.

You dont care about the constitution or the rule of law, thats your business but thats how the United States is set up, we are a Republic.

Youre the type of person who is fine with mob rule or a democracy or a dictatorship which is whats taking place at the moment.

Rights dont disappear because government said so.

Its the opposite.

Our basic rights which are protected by the law of this country, are even more crucial in times like this.

And then people wonder why our rights are constantly disappearing.

Its because of people who lack consistent principles, who would give up rights for perceived safety.

edit on 31-3-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What's so amazing to me is not that people miss the point, but by how far they miss the point!

Who said anything about locking themselves in a hermetically sealed bubble in the OP???? I certainly didn't!

I too am outside every day. I have no choice! I raise cattle, remember? Has reading comprehension also been lost in all of this crisis too??? My gawd!

The point of the OP was...all these people screaming about their rights being stomped on are acting more selfish than the ones who demand a nanny state. They're practically inviting it. There is a thing called freedom, and there is also a thing called "common sense". Also known as..."don't do stupid stuff, just because you can".

If people want to go wrap themselves in the flag and spout the Constitution during this, well, I suppose that's their right. Go right on ahead! Take it all the way to the SCOTUS if you want! The COVID-19 virus won't give a rat's ass no matter what you do. If you think it's all just some big NWO Conspiracy, then go right ahead...get out there and start tossing Molotov cocktails and protesting. DO IT!

But whatever you do, please don't lecture me on common injuries around the home or property. Trust me, I know more than just a little about those! I'm acutely aware of what being in the wrong place at the right time can mean. So spare me the drama, alright? You don't need to worry about "social distancing" around an angry bull, he'll take care of that for you! And why do you suppose that is???? Oh yeah, there's that 'common sense' thing again!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BTW...I changed my avatar back to my original one.

Apparently the recent one was causing confusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Shhh....but the sum average for the GOP has always been left of center.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It really is madness lately around here. I appreciate your post. We are all in this together regardless. If we have to stand up to our government, it wont be harder 2 months from now than it is right now. The smart play is to make absolutely sure that we have as many bodies available to us as possible should it come to that. Being the hero and dying before the battle even starts is the idiots and blowhards path.

People that are really "bout their business" generally dont go around shouting about how "bout it" they are. In other words, talk is so cheap its free.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Agreed. I dont care one way or the other what anyone here or in RL thinks of me. In RL I dare not fail. They can play with fire all they want. Im no fool.

As far as our rights that these psychotic crybabies are scared to death about losing....where did they go? If you deserved them at all just go and SECURE THEM again if they were truly taken from you.

They call others crazy and accuse others of exaggerating and just being scared. Thats EXACTLY how we see them.

Ultimately there is no time for teams. No time for politics. Anyone living in a fantasy world of idealism is going to get trampled in RL. Get the Eff Out of the way of the solution or you WILL suffer.

When its all over we will let you back out on a few conditions and with much less trust.

In short, they can burn some boredom here on ATS and other internet isht posting forums but they have no authority or voice in the matter. Not even in terms of general consensus or relevant expertise.

edit on 31-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You guys and girls aware that there's another group of people who actually enjoy being afraid, right?
Living a mundane life day in and day out, and then this cinematic-quality pandemic breaks out and they actually enjoy milking it and dramatizing it as much as possible for some form of dark enrertainment.
They exist.
They're on here, out there, everywhere. To some, the virus is exciting. Yeah, I know, weird, but people can be very strange.

One thing is true. Nobody likes their rights taken from them. When the fecal matter impacts the rotary oscillator, even the fear-lovers get mad. It's all fun and games to hunker down until you're forced to.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Good post!

Until 'reality' hits!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It’s actually all my fault, my bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It’s actually all my fault, my bad.

I said, "Did you lock the dangerous virus storage locker?"

You said, "Yes".

So it is your fault.

I'm not taking the heat for this one.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Spot on post! S&F for you. I wish I could give you 1,000 stars and flags. You took the words right out of my mouth. Now I know we’re on opposite ends of the political spectrum, and I probably don’t agree with most of the things you say. This is a total exception! I couldn’t agree more with your thoughts, and I’m one of those damn liberals.

Keyboard commandos are cowards. Like you said, they’ll just troll, whine and complain. When it comes to anything else, they are cowardly.

Not only that, but even as one of those damn liberals, I certainly do not blame Trump for any of this. He did not cause this virus. Yeah, as much as I loathe him at times, he IS my president. I just hope he takes care of himself so he doesn’t catch it.

These measures are for our own good. The more we stay quarantined and practice social distancing, the better chance this country has of recovering, and hopefully flattening the curve.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join