It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self driving cars and the ability to turn them off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Something to consider about self driving computer controlled cars... What if you made a bubu and pissed off TPTB or the legal system and the determination was made you can only have transportation to and from work ?

Do you think if we were all in self driving cars today would certain parts of the country where there is an order to stay at home the cars would still work ? Just something to ponder when in isolation and day dreaming.

I will be long dead before much of the forecasted future comes to pass and to be honest with some of the things coming down the pike I have no regrets.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

already here,

bold mine

Stolen Vehicle Assistance A Theft Alarm Notification* can inform you if your car alarm goes off. Once law enforcement confirms your vehicle has been stolen, OnStar Advisors can utilize GPS technology to help authorities locate your vehicle and, when conditions are appropriate, remotely slow it down.* With Remote Ignition Block OnStar can also remotely prevent a thief from restarting your vehicle.™* If your vehicle is stolen, Advisors can work with law enforcement to help you get your vehicle back quicker and safer.,
Stolen Vehicle Assistance

edit on 31-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think self-driving cars will lead to less law enforcement in our lives. No reason for roadblocks, no more speed traps, no DUI’s, no more bored traffic cops.

No more police serving as basically revenue collectors. No more funding going to police departments from everything I listed above. It’s going to change that dramatically, and police departments are going to have to slim down their operations.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

All that may be true. I'm sure in some ways it is.

However, as Hounddoghowlie (love that name) pointed out, it's a short step from what you posit, to driving our own ready-made jail cells.

Or being trapped at home, if you're more rural, because someone felt it was a good thing to shut off access to our transportation.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think self-driving cars will lead to less law enforcement in our lives. No reason for roadblocks, no more speed traps, no DUI’s, no more bored traffic cops.

What you're actually saying is they'll be more law enforcement in our lives, but it'll be automated, less physically intrusive.

No, thanks. Me no like.
:
edit on 2020 3 31 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If “the gubmint” shuts down your automobile.

You could always ride your non-AI controlled bicycle.

Because horses are often, still, “AI” (Annoyingly Intelligent)!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Remote tech is also often used for repossession situations. Miss one, or late on that payment... your car may shut down and might leave you stranded somewhere.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You are correct to fear the self-driving fake "ai" cars. Fun for today, but tomorrow it locks the windows and doors and drives you directly into the oven. After melting down it will be recycled into another weapon.

Technocracy is anti-human. These globalist "elites" are attempting a coup against humanity with their fake "ai" algorithms which they claim can't be controlled. It's just the will of the computer and we must obey. Stupid!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These globalists want to confuse and terrify you with something you can't understand or even see. Then they tighten the noose. Trump needs to stand up and lead this country in the right direction no matter what the talking head news and hollywood starlets say. Trump seems to be taking to much advice from the enemy at his side.

new topics

top topics

join