It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had my first case of sleep paralysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As a regular lucid dreamer (intentional) I've found myself able to enjoy the sleep paralysis that comes with it.
For most people, the first time is the scariest. Once you learn to recognize it and later control it (I.e. you know what is happening, understand it, and can use your mind to alter what you experience), it can become a pleasant gateway to some very interesting dreams.

Meanwhile, for you and anyone that prefers NOT to experience sleep paralysis--
Try to lower your stress levels and practice good "sleep hygene"--Reduce that screen time before bed, breathe deeply, don't eat for at least 3 hours before sleep, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

I am most definitely in the NOT category.

I'll have to work on those things, though, these days stress is plentiful!

Thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've had it happen one time in my life 20 years ago. On the same night my girlfriend(now wife) had a very unusual experience, she came out of the room and could swear that someone was in the dark hallway. She even called out my name to see if it was me trying to scare her. It was one of those unseen presence experiences where even though you don't see anything with your eyes, you would swear there is something there.

Shortly after we went to bed, within a half hour I awoke with the sensation of being smothered with invisible cling wrap. Totally paralyzed and couldn't breath, I desperately tried to wake my wife up to no avail. This seemed to last a long time but was probably less than a minute. I didn't see anything, but sensed a malevolent presence trying to snuff me out, and then it instantly stopped.

My questions are if this is a natural phenomena to keep you from acting out your dreams then why would you also not be able to breathe? What are the odds that the same night my wife had her experience I would have this once in a lifetime experience as well? To this day that is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Did you feel intense fear and thought something really evil was with you? Cause that happens to me and its terrible, I don't really like talking about it tho. Right here goes..

1st time I was 19 yes old and let me tell you it still haunts me to this day... Erm let me start by saying I'm not a nut. Right it started off with intense fear and all of a sudden (can't believe I'm writing this cause I've only told my wife n a friend) tall greys 6 of em were standing round me then all of a sudden I had a lion roaring in my face (I know) but it felt so real and now I'm 38 and the memory is fresh, another memorable one was getting slapped and then dragged off my bed, had a big red mark on inside of my leg after that. I know it's sounds crazy but that's what I experienced. Also I ain't religious don't get me wrong but I started doing research and someone mentioned doing the Lords prayer in your head and whatever and I did that a good few times (I know it sounds effd but I was at my wits end and didn't know what to do) and for 2 years it ain't happened just letting you know mate. 😕
edit on 31-3-2020 by DiddyC because: Expanding my experience

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

Did you feel intense fear and thought something really evil was with you? Cause that happens to me and its terrible, I don't really like talking about it tho.

Intense fear yes, no evil, mostly just a "thing" on my chest, making it nearly impossible to breathe.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975
Very interesting!

I am extremely curious about this phenomenon now. And really wonder if there is more to it, than just a sleep abnormality. But, I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole, if you know what I mean. .

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Just edited my reply... And Yeh hard to breath and no one can hear us scream 🙁

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC
Wow, well I'm glad my experience wasn't that intense. Even though it was not fun.
Thanks for sharing, very interesting!

My eyes have been opened by this experience, for sure. I am going to keep a much more open mind, from now on.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thanks and it took me a lot to share, that's why it was edited to add it, cause in the present climate I wanted to help 👍

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

Thanks and it took me a lot to share, that's why it was edited to add it, cause in the present climate I wanted to help 👍

Much appreciated

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just learn to embrace it remind yourself your not going to die

Eventually it will be almost like a lucid dream

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Just learn to embrace it remind yourself your not going to die

Eventually it will be almost like a lucid dream

Hopefully, if there's a next time, it's not as bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That sucks, i have sleep apnea too on top of that, and insomnia, sometimes i can wake up a hundred times a night because i stop breathing, also very painful to get deprived of oxygen in the brain.

This helps sometimes, do not sleep in pitch black, a little bit of ambient light can help me get some sleep.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

That sucks, i have sleep apnea too on top of that, and insomnia, sometimes i can wake up a hundred times a night because i stop breathing, also very painful to get deprived of oxygen in the brain.

This helps sometimes, do not sleep in pitch black, a little bit of ambient light can help me get some sleep.

Good advice, I'll try that. Thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Like, where did that hair come from?

Dear lord is that ever a thing.. Im not that old (30s), but those ear/nose hairs can sprout like magic.. Very Irritating Magic

@Jefferton: Out of curiosity, do you sleep with any wireless technology in the same room? Cell phone, laptop, TV, etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I certainly thought so.
She went from never having it to the both of us bursting out of bed at the same time.

Shared SP Link

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I certainly thought so.
She went from never having it to the both of us bursting out of bed at the same time.

Shared SP Link

Great thanks. I have a lot of experience in sleep paralysis. I'll comment in your thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Like, where did that hair come from?

Dear lord is that ever a thing.. Im not that old (30s), but those ear/nose hairs can sprout like magic.. Very Irritating Magic

@Jefferton: Out of curiosity, do you sleep with any wireless technology in the same room? Cell phone, laptop, TV, etc.

No, just an old tv / dvd player.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

That is the exact same mind frame I am now with it.
I actually look forward to it happening.

Because I'm thinking about it, I think it will happen sometime soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join