It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats in Congress Urge A.G. William Barr to Release Prisoners Who are CoronaVirus-19 High Risk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Tuesday, March 31, 2020

House Democrats are formally asking Attorney General William Barr to release as many prisoners as possible who are at "high risk" to the ravages of Covid-19.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr on Monday urging him to release “as many prisoners as possible” from federal facilities who are at high risk of becoming dangerously ill with the coronavirus.

The letter called on the Justice Department and the federal Bureau of Prisons to use their authority and “modify the sentences of prisoners who present ‘extraordinary and compelling reasons.'”

“We call on you, in the most urgent terms, to do the right thing and exercise this authority and immediately move to release medically-compromised, elderly and pregnant prisoners from the custody of the BOP,” the letter says. “In addition, we urge that you use every tool at your disposal to release as many prisoners as possible, to protect them from COVID-19.”
Source: nypost.com...

I guess Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, and Paul Manafort fit Democrat's criteria. AG Barr can start with those 3, and if they behave themselves, release Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby.

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

More reasonable governance in action. Our politicians are really looking out for us.

Some local politicians want to jail people for violating quarantine and our federal politicians want to release people that committed actual crimes. Every day this goes on my heart swells with more and more pride for America. We've become a true beacon of liberty and justice. Free the prisoners to make room for those who exercise their rights.

I was inclined to want to give the leaders a break for doing the best they could in a difficult time, but I'm starting to wonder if it's going to take pitchforks to correct the current snowballing of irrational government actions.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You get the feeling that "something" has to give. You can't have so much illogical crap coming from various levels of government, along with the Mainstream Media, without an uprising eventually occurring.

For instance, in New York tonight, the Empire State Building looks like a huge warning beacon.

twitter.com...

Warning people that there's great danger there. And warning residents to get out of town, and hopefully, take the Covid-19 virus with you to other parts of the country.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

That looks pretty ominous.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Shhhh!

You're scaring the children

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

That looks pretty ominous.

Sure does. In all countries RED = DANGER.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Our dear children may be looking at a dim future if those of us who love them, don't remove the U.S. House from Democrat control in November.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Do you really believe that will help Care?

I'm convinced a force far greater than just the democrats is at work here.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Like I said earlier. How messed up is this particular situation?
The only reason to evacuate a prison isn't something you would want to see.
It's like releasing the livestock so they don't drown, or best case scenario planned mass arrests.
"There's a flu going around, release them out into the flu area outside!"
Getting a bad mojo on this one.
Like the stay home order is about something much bigger.
ELE...Hollywood style... Comet, pole shift, nuke war, ww3, Yellowstone etc....

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I get the growing feeling that 'they' are testing how much BS we will put up with and for how long.

edit on 3132020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I mean, why not. Why the frig not. Screw up as much stuff as you possibly can. We're expected to behave ourselves and follow the rules while the people who are supposed to rep US sit in their gated protected castles and do what they can to destroy everything...Oh, and dont you dare! question them, or youre a nazi deplorable scum who should be silenced or killed. And thats not hyperbole we've heard them call for just that these past few years if you support a certain someone. Fine. Make everything insane. Let's all act on impulse and without regard to anyone. It's not like any of us are going to do anything about it besides sit here and complain. Year after year.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This doesn’t bode well with me and is one of the rare times I’ll agree with the majority of those who have already posted in this thread.

There’s a small window of prisoners that wouldn’t freak me out being released; pot possession, failure to pay fines, simple drug possession, mundane stuff like that. Violent offenders? No. Absolutely not.

Prison isn’t exactly known as a place where you go if you’re looking to prolong your life to begin with. If you f*ck up and do something stupid to land you an extended stay you know what you’re getting into before it happens. Fill up the solitary confinement cells, get everyone in their own cells the best you can and the most violent/heinous offenders can stay together.

edit on 31-3-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I say let all non violent offenders out, nationwide, and then send infected people in to take care of the rest. Modern problems require modern solutions. Repeat DUI folks can also stay. If they've got enough of them to get prison time, they'll never learn and they're a danger to society.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Playing politics with humanitarianism is low brow.

For whatever that is worth.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just put them in total isolation with acces to 30 minutes fresh air twice a day. If they can build a brand new hospital in China within 5 days, im sure some of the old asylums can be fixed up in some days too to quarantine those who might be infected aswell as infected

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: carsforkids

Our dear children may be looking at a dim future if those of us who love them, don't remove the U.S. House from Democrat control in November.

I would like to ask permission to use this quote. If I didn't know any better I'd say you are Norman Mailer

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I get the growing feeling that 'they' are testing how much BS we will put up with and for how long.

Democrats in Congress are sitting at home and having teleconferences daily, to figure out new ways in which to damage this Administration.

Mitch McConnell said today that President Trump could have acted even sooner against Corona virus if he was not preoccupied fighting off Democrat sponsored impeachment in January.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Playing politics with humanitarianism is low brow.

For whatever that is worth.

Are you saying prisoners should not be freed for humanitarian purposes?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Democrats urge AG William Barr to release Federal Prisoners. He responds by releasing a guy who Bob Mueller indicted....Paul Manfort.

apnews.com...

top topics

join