It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the left or right more susceptible to COVID-19?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I hope this results in us all realising we are all the same and can live in harmony.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

To be honest I'm curious about the question.
The right are rednecks with their guns in shacks, the left are all libtards with their education and apartments.

There might be an argument that pandemics actually hurt the left more than the right.

The army stats might swing it back however.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
NSFA

That's all I got.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

God-level troll there, gotta give you that.

An absolutely useless OP too.

edit on 30-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney
I can't disagree

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The biggest hotspots mostly vote blue, but I attribute their status as hotspots more to lifestyle than to politics.

However, you could ask yourself if it's such a good idea to live in a closely-packed dense urban area like the left tells us is green and sustainable during times like these.

Having a single family dwelling and your own personal car does a large amount of social distancing for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I don't get the question, but in the terms I'm thinking.

If you look at a map from the last presidential election.

Most major cities vote blue, most rural areas vote red.

Major cities are congested, where people rely on the government and infrastructure(that is largely shut down).

Rural areas are less dense, where people rely on themselves and have "less" government oversight(if you will).

In any scenario, the cities are the last place you want to be.

This whole thing is a # show, but the last place you'd want to be is in a major city with the mindset that "the government will help me..." which is likely to be more of a leftist scenario.

Ergo, the left is #ed.

But, maybe they can just tell the virus to not enter their safe space and it will just go away?

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
An absolutely useless OP too.

So your answer is what?
Are you suggesting a 50/50 split?

There's no value to the question.....

But there is an answer.

link   

Besides the virus cities like Chicago are also still dealing with black gun violence. It's impacting liberal cities a lot more since this is just another problem to layer on top all their other problems.

link   

Clearly dems will suffer most. They like to commune together in larger cities. In addition, any self respecting conservative would never lick toilets and such.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The right are more susceptible simply because they believe it's either fearmongering or they can pray it away.

Either way this is going to be a fun thread.

edit on 30-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

To be honest I'm curious about the question.
The right are rednecks with their guns in shacks, the left are all libtards with their education and apartments.

Your broad-brush painting of the left and right may be symptomatic of the problem.

I own guns, and I have an education.
But I don’t store my guns in a shack, & I don’t live in an apartment.

There are a lot of us who refuse to be defined by one party or another. It’s called Independent for good reason.

ETA: It’s really easy to suggest blue folks in big urban areas are going to get hit the hardest. It’s also really easy to suggest that red folks in rural areas will get hit hard too. At the end of the day, aren’t we all citizens of the same world?

edit on 30-3-2020 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I read on Twitter that as long as you lay off the Adrenachrome for the next month or so you should be good.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Lets just all go on record here though and say how #ty this whole thing is.

This whole doomsday thing was supposed to be zombies.

Simple, slow walking lethargic zombies that anyone with a fast paced walk could outrun and/or complete a simple headshot.

Then all you'd have to worry about is finding a bit of food and not running into a gang of mental ex cons.

This apocalypse has robbed us all of that simple pleasure.

Now we have to worry about magical airborne invisible viruses that will kill us.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The biggest hotspots mostly vote blue, but I attribute their status as hotspots more to lifestyle than to politics.

Yeah, those assisted living and long term care facilities in Washington State are known for their loose moral lifestyle. They deserve what they got...

edit on 30-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gandalf77
Ahhh, so you're a dirty libertarian trying to take the best of both worlds. Im not sure of any libertarian slurs so I apologise.

We can make it a 3way contest but let's be honest. There's only 2.

link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Bet you never thought you'd be hanging through the apocalypse in your comfy pants and bunny slippers though.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I read on Twitter that as long as you lay off the Adrenachrome for the next month or so you should be good.

We should probably add bleach to that list.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: underwerks

We should probably add bleach to that list.

Tide pod consumers already have that covered.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's more of a pity party for liberals. I was watching PBS tonight and they showcased one of their reporters who's father died. The reporter was crying about not being able to see him due to the virus but, her father didn't even die of the virus. Rarely would one see a conservative do that in public. Not being able to see her father was for his own good. She could not accept that fact and turned it into something all about herself. Crying and carrying on on TV....meh. Get over it. The doctors were trying to give him the best chance.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, those assisted living and long term care facilities in Washington State are known for their lose moral lifestyle. They deserve what they got...

WHo said anything about loose morals except you?

I believe if you read the second bit of writing, I alluded to living in small box apartments where you literally cannot socially distance yourself from your neighbors. They even hook your apartment's air up to all the other units in the building. Gentrification for urban hipsters and the like ...

But if you think there is something immoral about that ... OK?

And it does mimic nursing care facilities ... and cruise ship life ... and college dorm living conditions ... and ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join