It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help finding history on someone, WWII era.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
OK, my new girlfriends great grandfather was a High ranking Nazi official, but i can find anything about him, naturaly i am a little curios to see what he did and such.

Her last name is Hess, i am guessing that they might have droped a letter of 2 from it but i dont know, mabye Hesse or Hesst, i am not sure, i know there are some WWII history buffs on here and was hoping i could get some help.

[edit on 3/12/2005 by TKainZero]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Man TK, it's going to be hard to find much info on this man. My great uncle was a pilot, for the US, in World War II and trying to find many details on his time in the service has been difficult. I couldn't even imagine where you would begin to look. Hopefuly someone here can offer you some help.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am hoping someone on here knows tons of info on the Nazis in WWII, he was just not some other guy or anything, he was a high ranking official so i think there sould be some stuff out there, the name is slightly diffrent and it was changed a little to be more american

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The only Hess that I know of during the war was Rudolph. He got out of town early on though and it has been a mystery, as to why, ever since.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's either Rudolph Hess, or Rudolph Heusse(?)...pronounced similar to Hess but differently spelled - I'm not sure if "Heusse" right.

Heusse was the commander of Auschwitz concentration camp, Hess was a close advisor to Hitler who tried to fly to Britain on his own to negotiate a peace treaty but was captured and imprisoned.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have you tried just asking her about it? Obviously she gave you that bit of info, I'm sure you could get her divulge more (if she knows any more.)

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The hess could be spelled He[ess-tset]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Rudolph Heusse, thats who it looks like, she said that they took some letters out, thanks for all the help guys, i will get back to you when i know everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Confermed, it was indead Rudolph Heusse, thanks for the help guys.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If it's the "Hess" I'm thinking of, he died in a British prison over 10 years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Although it is easier to find Allied WWII folks, it is not impossible to locate members of the
other side. But you have to know something about that person. For example, military service.
Say the individual was Luftwaffe, and in particular, may have flown the Me 262 (will make it easy,
its my example....he he). My first stop would be something like this:

serbs.free.fr...

then click on Me 262 page, click the checkmark to open the dropdown, select memorium, click the
go button, and see the review of those KIAs in the Me 262.

The real trick is not to search for the person first, but the organization he was in.

top topics

join