It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UV lights in every business could make people not get sick as much overall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is prolly stupid but why doesn't the Government make UV lights indoors mandatory? It maybe expensive but it would slow all virus infection including corona. Pretty sure they don't hurt humans.

In RI there was a Station night club fire kill more then 100 people and the fire code got super strict after that. Was expensive for businesses but most complied.

Tell me if this is even possible and why it is a bad idea (because it prolly is).

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Masks are easier and more effective.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Pretty sure they don't hurt humans.

UV light is incompatible with life. Period.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I like how you're thinking...

One good reason would be because a little UV light goes a long way... and too much UV light causes its own problems, including damaging eyes so goggles are recommended.

I've read that about 10 minutes is good for therapeutic purposes, such as treating severe acne and other skin conditions. But also for overall healing, since UV light penetrates skin and tissue.

To achieve the same/similar results, though, a blue window film or sheer blue curtains might work. This has been used with good results for plants.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Pretty sure they don't hurt humans.

UV light is incompatible with life. Period.

Bingo....

UV is the reason we're told top wear sun lotion before hanging out in the sun. It destroys cells.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Maybe they could use it for like 20 minutes at night when they are closed or something.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

An even better idea would be an ozone machine, they kill the virus also, at least I was told it does. They are still good to use though

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

There’s only one type of UV that can reliably inactivate Covid-19 – and it’s extremely dangerous.
Author image
By Zaria Gorvett
27th March 2020
“You would literally be frying people,” says Dan Arnold, laughing in disbelief.

Arnold works for UV Light Technology, a company that provides disinfecting equipment to hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and food manufacturers across the UK. Recently, as the global anxiety about Covid-19 has reached extraordinary new heights, he’s found himself fielding some unusual requests.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Do anti-discrimination laws include vampires?

new topics

top topics

join