It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On-scene British reporters say Chinese markets again selling bats, likely source of deadly pandemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
a reply to: chr0naut

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Can you provide a link (and maybe 1-2 additional ones)? I hadn't read about that yet.

Very first coronavirus case traced back to November - News.com.au

Coronavirus case from November could be patient zero - New York Post

Nevertheless, from the description of the markets and their modus operandi, ..... just because you don't sample the fare from animal A, doesn't mean it's not stored next to or close by the specimen of animal B you *did* purchase/consume.

These places sound a lot less like a butcher's counter at a market than a neolithic era hunting camp.

One might also point out that there are a ton of these 'species crossing' diseases that we wouldn't have if we all followed the ancient Kosher laws.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Why in the world would Chinese citizens even WANT to buy meat from those places now?
Don't Chinese grocery stores sell packaged meats? Somebody please explain to me the allure of buying meat from a wet market? Are people worried that grocery store meat won't be fresh enough? I just don't get it.

Reading this is how I KNOW you've never had honey roasted pangolin....

edit on 30-3-2020 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe they are not worried because they know it didn't come from the wet market.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: vonclod
I thought China was cleaning that sh#t up.

Carpet bomb them

Stick to playing call of duty!

Don't play video games, and I'm talking about the wet markets..pretty much hyperbole anyway.
But ya, I don't care for how some Chinese view the animal kingdom. Lots of superstitious, voodoo bullsh#t, and for status.

Sorry if you don't like it, I'm pretty fair but some things I don't have to like.

Stay safe.

LOL Ok! Let's get thoughs bombs out! Let's do what the West does best!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Maybe they are not worried because they know it didn't come from the wet market.

Yes indeed. Surely the average Joe and Jane on the street likely aren't privy to that. However if the CCP had closed the markets back in January, but have allowed them to re-open now, as the virus has seemingly peeked in China but is still reverberating around the globe.....that could be taken as a sign. If the CCP doesn't keep the markets closed, it's either because they are distracted/unaware they have re-opened, or they see no risk of the virus spreading again from the wet markets. The latter scenario is telling IMHO.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Based.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

China is permitting wild animal markets to resume selling bats, believed to be the source for the deadly coronavirus now killing people across the globe, including over 2,500 Americans to date, British reporters say.

Chinese authorities in January closed down the Wuhan city “wet” market after five of its workers were among the first diagnosed with what would become COVID-19.

A number of scientists say it is likely that bats either infected other market animals or humans directly. Bats carry a variety of coronaviruses and are blamed on for the 2002 SARS coronavirus epidemic that also originated in a Chinese market.

The Chinese people’s congress voted Feb. 24 to close all the country’s wild animal markets.

The British Daily Mail newspaper reported on Saturday that, “Will they ever learn? Chinese markets are still selling bats and slaughtering rabbits on blood-soaked floors as Beijing celebrates ‘victory’ over coronavirus

On-scene British reporters say Chinese markets again selling bats, likely source of deadly pandemic

This story caught my eye this morning; still looking for additional facts from other sources to corroborate.

Arguably the biggest single point of contention regarding the COVID-19 pandemic has been how was the virus originally transmitted to the public in China.

The "official" line (which AFAICT is the stance of both the CCP and most MSM outlets) has been that this manifestation of the Coronavirus originated in the so-called "wet markets" within the city of Wuhan, renowned for selling raw meat harvested from wild, exotic animals that are not managed as typical livestock would be cared for in a traditional agricultural setting.

Speculation has abounded that this idea of Coronavirus spreading from the "wet markets" is a ruse, intentionally fabricated to conceal either an intentional release or accidental escape of the virus from a top level Chinese biological research facility, inexplicably located inside the city of Wuhan, which has a population of ~10 million people.

There have even been theories that both of the above are true, and that an employee of the bio research facility might have unwittingly brought the virus outside the lab into the wet market, as the lab and several wet markets are separated by mere city blocks.

A recent published study in the science journal Nature splashed cold water on the theory that COVID is a labratory-spawned construct, with the study's authors asserting the virus showed no signs of genetic alteration, and likely acquired its virulent and deadly properties from evolutionary change (natural selecion).

Be that as it may, we still have not answered the fundamental question here: FROM WHERE DID PATIENT ZERO RECEIVE THE VIRUS? Despite the study in Nature, simply discounting the possibility of COVID as a man-made virus says NOTHING about where the outbreak originated from. There is absolutely no reason that an alleged high-level, restricted bio research facility such as the one in Wuhan would not have naturally occurring, unaltered copies of the virus in their inventory for later study, or simply as a control sample for ongoing studies.

Even without any conclusive evidence to answer the question of where the virus came from, and for the sake of argument, assuming we all suspect no malicious/careless link to the Wuhan research facility, WHY ON EARTH would the wet markets reopen??? As other parts of the world are in the grips of battling the most deadly contagion to have hit humanity since the 1918 Spanish Flu, the Chinese have decided to throw caution to the wind. Despite any firm answers on whether or not the wet markets were indeed the point of origin, they are returning to "business as usual".

Are the Chinese tacitly confirming COVID-19 was released from a lab, and hence the wet markets are indeed safe to reopen now?
Do the Chinese feel that they have put in place additional measures to combat viral infection from the wet markets?
Do the Chinese even care about their own citizens' safety, let alone the safety of those outside their border?
Is this a prelude to another, more deadly round of pathogens to let fly from within China?

Way more questions than answers at this point.
They've been selling wild animals for centuries. The CCP 'cracks down' on tons of things to save face and then turns their backs to it when the attention has moved away. Not odd at all, the crack down was the CCP saving face.

youtu.be...
edit on 3-4-2020 by spaceotter120370s because: Added video link

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thats not the issue...certain animals have long been considered delicacies in China and Asia; for centuries and possibly millennia. Things like bat stew and shark fin soup. The truth is thus; persons indigenous and local to the native environments of these exotic animals - where they have long existed in nature, where they've long been bought and sold...and eaten - simply would not fall ill to any virus specific to these species...because they have a long term built up IMMUNITY to them. That big Wuhan 'Wet' Market? If those bats were indeed the source of the pandemic, and if they were also harvested in or around Wuhan Province, this C19 would never have gone anywhere.
Every virus that has emerged since W. Nile in 2002; SARS/04, Bird Flu/05, Swine Flu (H1N1)/09, Ebola/14, ZIKA/16 and SARS/CoV2/19-now came from a laboratory. CoVid19 was upgraded to its current iteration at UNC/Chapel Hill in 2015. People have no idea.
And oh...bats, like shark fins, are not actually eaten. Chinese bats have approximately ZERO meat on them, they're skin, bones and some digestive organs, thats about it. Someone show me an image of 'bat meat' being sold, or an image of 'bat meat' prepared and plated, ready for feasting on. LOl. Neither are shark fins eaten; they are skin & cartilage. Instead, both are usually dried, salted, sometimes smoked... and then added to a noodle soup for flavor enhancement..and a lil added mystique i suppose. reply to: MissSmartypants

edit on 5-4-2020 by AoT119 because: forgot to add

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The virus technically should never have made anyone in & around the Wuhan Market ill to begin with.
Persons indigenous & local to the natural, centuries/millennia-old native environments of these exotic animals would most certainly BE IMMUNE by now to all known viridae exclusive to these species. See my other comment about how no one sells 'bat meat' as there's basically no such thing actually to be found on the animals. They are skin n bone, some tiny organs, thats it. Its unlikely they are even eaten as well. Commonly they are dried & salted, sometimes smoked, then tossed into soup bowl, largely for flavor enhancement..and a lil mystique. It is considered a delicacy, like shark fin soup, where likewise neither is the shark fin actually eaten, as it is cartilage & skin. It too is dried & salted.
SARS/CoV2 (CoVid-19)came from a Nat'l Institute of Health - Nat'l Research Council contract, granted around 2014-15 to a research lab at the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill. There a cloned example of an earlier product was redeveloped via 'gain of function' processes..and into the coronavirus on steroids we see today...which I believe is technically the world's first 'COLDFLU'...cool.eh?a reply to: [post=25079632]spaceotter120370s[/pos
edit on 5-4-2020 by AoT119 because: proper punctuation

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AoT119
Thats not the issue...certain animals have long been considered delicacies in China and Asia; for centuries and possibly millennia. Things like bat stew and shark fin soup. The truth is thus; persons indigenous and local to the native environments of these exotic animals - where they have long existed in nature, where they've long been bought and sold...and eaten - simply would not fall ill to any virus specific to these species...because they have a long term built up IMMUNITY to them. That big Wuhan 'Wet' Market? If those bats were indeed the source of the pandemic, and if they were also harvested in or around Wuhan Province, this C19 would never have gone anywhere.
Every virus that has emerged since W. Nile in 2002; SARS/04, Bird Flu/05, Swine Flu (H1N1)/09, Ebola/14, ZIKA/16 and SARS/CoV2/19-now came from a laboratory. CoVid19 was upgraded to its current iteration at UNC/Chapel Hill in 2015. People have no idea.
And oh...bats, like shark fins, are not actually eaten. Chinese bats have approximately ZERO meat on them, they're skin, bones and some digestive organs, thats about it. Someone show me an image of 'bat meat' being sold, or an image of 'bat meat' prepared and plated, ready for feasting on. LOl. Neither are shark fins eaten; they are skin & cartilage. Instead, both are usually dried, salted, sometimes smoked... and then added to a noodle soup for flavor enhancement..and a lil added mystique i suppose. reply to: MissSmartypants

Mmm, shark fin,

I like how they throw the still live shark back into the water to slowly die after liberating them from fins.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I guess it's hard to break the crispy bat habit.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

China is a third world country out side of the first and second tier cities(their term not mine).

people reliving themselves and spitting all over the place and the so call "wet markets" you are correct calling them hunting camps. There is no refrigeration and no care for how the animals are cared fore and even less care/knowledge of safe food practices.

China looks at them self as earths original 'kingdom' and look down on the rest of the world as inferior and cant tell China anything.

its not shocking that the same people most likely responsible in one way or another for this mess are doing the exact same things they were doing before.

China is like all the crap they make, from a distance it looks nice but once you really look at it you find out that its just a cheap knock off with lead paint that might kill your kid
edit on 7-4-2020 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Not buying into this one. If reporters are blaming this on bat eating, then it likely is not because of bat eating.

If it is, then they should fully cook their bats, just like the hamburger rule.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This is the CCP spitting in the worlds face.

Thats unacceptable.

Covid 19 didn't come from the markets though they may have played a part in its initial propogation.

Covid is a VLP (Virus like partice). An artificial RNA vaccine...viral vaccine research.

Virus-like particle. Virus-like particles (VLPs) are molecules that closely resemble viruses, but are non-infectious because they contain no viral genetic material. ... VLPs can be produced in multiple cell culture systems including bacteria, mammalian cell lines, insect cell lines, yeast and plant cells

Except you CAN add viral genetic material as is regularly done in vaccine research. These VLP have been made and modeled on coronavirus membranes with engineered RNA material added...which could self replicate like a real virus...

The use of virus-like particles (VLPs) is a promising approach for the development of a safe and efficient RVFV vaccine.

Expression of structural proteins of many non-enveloped and enveloped viruses leads to the formation of VLPs (Garcea and Gissmann, 2004, Grgacic and Anderson, 2006a, Grgacic and Anderson, 2006b, Noad and Roy, 2003).

Such VLPs frequently exhibit a morphology very similar to that of wild-type (wt) viruses (Johnson and Chiu, 2000). 

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The envelope particles produced by this system were shown to form a homogeneous population of spherical particles indistinguishable from authentic virions in size and shape (73).

One of our main interests is to understand the process of coronavirus assembly.

We are particularly interested in the interactions and the mechanisms that drive the formation of the viral particles. With the VLP assembly system, we have developed an ideal tool for the study of coronavirus envelope formation and for the analysis of the interactions between the viral membrane proteins in molecular detail

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Those studies I linked and quoted are just an example that VLP are and have been used in vaccine research like I am saying.

edit on 7-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join