It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On-scene British reporters say Chinese markets again selling bats, likely source of deadly pandemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

China is permitting wild animal markets to resume selling bats, believed to be the source for the deadly coronavirus now killing people across the globe, including over 2,500 Americans to date, British reporters say.

Chinese authorities in January closed down the Wuhan city “wet” market after five of its workers were among the first diagnosed with what would become COVID-19.

A number of scientists say it is likely that bats either infected other market animals or humans directly. Bats carry a variety of coronaviruses and are blamed on for the 2002 SARS coronavirus epidemic that also originated in a Chinese market.

The Chinese people’s congress voted Feb. 24 to close all the country’s wild animal markets.

The British Daily Mail newspaper reported on Saturday that, “Will they ever learn? Chinese markets are still selling bats and slaughtering rabbits on blood-soaked floors as Beijing celebrates ‘victory’ over coronavirus

On-scene British reporters say Chinese markets again selling bats, likely source of deadly pandemic

This story caught my eye this morning; still looking for additional facts from other sources to corroborate.

Arguably the biggest single point of contention regarding the COVID-19 pandemic has been how was the virus originally transmitted to the public in China.

The "official" line (which AFAICT is the stance of both the CCP and most MSM outlets) has been that this manifestation of the Coronavirus originated in the so-called "wet markets" within the city of Wuhan, renowned for selling raw meat harvested from wild, exotic animals that are not managed as typical livestock would be cared for in a traditional agricultural setting.

Speculation has abounded that this idea of Coronavirus spreading from the "wet markets" is a ruse, intentionally fabricated to conceal either an intentional release or accidental escape of the virus from a top level Chinese biological research facility, inexplicably located inside the city of Wuhan, which has a population of ~10 million people.

There have even been theories that both of the above are true, and that an employee of the bio research facility might have unwittingly brought the virus outside the lab into the wet market, as the lab and several wet markets are separated by mere city blocks.

A recent published study in the science journal Nature splashed cold water on the theory that COVID is a labratory-spawned construct, with the study's authors asserting the virus showed no signs of genetic alteration, and likely acquired its virulent and deadly properties from evolutionary change (natural selecion).

Be that as it may, we still have not answered the fundamental question here: FROM WHERE DID PATIENT ZERO RECEIVE THE VIRUS? Despite the study in Nature, simply discounting the possibility of COVID as a man-made virus says NOTHING about where the outbreak originated from. There is absolutely no reason that an alleged high-level, restricted bio research facility such as the one in Wuhan would not have naturally occurring, unaltered copies of the virus in their inventory for later study, or simply as a control sample for ongoing studies.

Even without any conclusive evidence to answer the question of where the virus came from, and for the sake of argument, assuming we all suspect no malicious/careless link to the Wuhan research facility, WHY ON EARTH would the wet markets reopen??? As other parts of the world are in the grips of battling the most deadly contagion to have hit humanity since the 1918 Spanish Flu, the Chinese have decided to throw caution to the wind. Despite any firm answers on whether or not the wet markets were indeed the point of origin, they are returning to "business as usual".

Are the Chinese tacitly confirming COVID-19 was released from a lab, and hence the wet markets are indeed safe to reopen now?
Do the Chinese feel that they have put in place additional measures to combat viral infection from the wet markets?
Do the Chinese even care about their own citizens' safety, let alone the safety of those outside their border?
Is this a prelude to another, more deadly round of pathogens to let fly from within China?

Way more questions than answers at this point.
edit on 30-3-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

They have now identified patient zero from the Wuhan markets.

She sold seafood (shrimps) there.

There is an earlier suspected 'patient zero, a man, but he never visited the markets.

edit on 30/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I question whether this narrative is being submitted in order to mitigate the accusations of weaponizing MERS, SARS etc...

Act of war on the whole world.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought China was cleaning that sh#t up.

Carpet bomb them

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Can you provide a link (and maybe 1-2 additional ones)? I hadn't read about that yet.

Nevertheless, from the description of the markets and their modus operandi, ..... just because you don't sample the fare from animal A, doesn't mean it's not stored next to or close by the specimen of animal B you *did* purchase/consume.

These places sound a lot less like a butcher's counter at a market than a neolithic era hunting camp.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If true which is up in the air at this point you have to ask the Chinese government WTF? If true extend travel ban and begin banning other goods from China till exotic animals are removed from these markets. I don't believe for a moment that the Chinese government cares about its people again if true this proves it. They would rather placate the masses with some hokum belief of these animals' BS medicinal properties than risk removing all these highly suspect nonregulated wild animals and saving lives.

Not doing so is tantamount to catching some severe STD from some woman and going for a booty call while still sick.
edit on 30-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I question whether this narrative is being submitted in order to mitigate the accusations of weaponizing MERS, SARS etc...

Act of war on the whole world.

I have followed along with the stories involving espionage from Chinese MI officers and a member of the faculty at Harvard.

My belief, and take this as it is, just as a opinion of one man, is that the virus escaped the biological research facility in Wuhan and jumped to other carriers via the wet market. I hope I'm wrong on that hunch and it was simply bad hygiene at the animal markets.

But here is the kicker now...

IF you assume that the virus indeed spread via unsafe practices in a Chinese research lab....does that not argue for some action from the international community to sanction, /at the least/, the Chinese gov't and try to coerce them from continuing to operate incredibly dangerous research facilities in the midst of a mega-city, laborotary settings which appear to be beyond their ability to operate?

IF, on the other hand, you assume the wet markets DID host the original virus sample, and it spread by accidental customer transactions in the market, WTF does that say about China's self-awareness and commitment to clean up these unsafe market settings?

LOSE-LOSE scenario.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Why in the world would Chinese citizens even WANT to buy meat from those places now?
Don't Chinese grocery stores sell packaged meats? Somebody please explain to me the allure of buying meat from a wet market? Are people worried that grocery store meat won't be fresh enough? I just don't get it.
edit on 3/30/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

They're for wholesale and the public . Interesting to see how they mention slaughtering rabbits direct to the floor , might be the 'wet factor ' , freshly dead meet , unless that s wet seafood . Will they not learn , no, you'll learn

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The issue is not the wet market, it's the type of exotic animals routinely sold in some mainland CHINESE wet markets.

If you think the packaged meats in a supermarket are either the best cuts or "fresh" you are delusional or never actually eaten fresh. In many cases Gases are added to the packaging in supermarket meat to it "red" for longer.

www.youtube.com...

I go to wet markets all the time (not in Mainland China) to get fresh seafood and meat. Just slaughtered or just off the boat from my preferred vendors - yeah it does taste far better than what you'll get in the supermarket.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

There is a high probability that this story is mostly propaganda meant to reinforce a false story.

As the facts and circumstantial evidence builds over time, it appears most likely that Wuhan Bat Soup did not start the virus, just like a BUK missile did not take down MH17.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Why in the world would Chinese citizens even WANT to buy meat from those places now?
Don't Chinese grocery stores sell packaged meats? Somebody please explain to me the allure of buying meat from a wet market? Are people worried that grocery store meat won't be fresh enough? I just don't get it.

It's a good question, one that I probably don't have enough information to speak to on behalf of those still patronizing these markets, but what I'm thinking is the following:

- not every location has the type of regulated, clean and refined marketplaces like our Kroger or Stop 'n Shop, etc

- my understanding is that some Asian cultures ascribe mythical properties to certain animals, and they feel consuming those animals will pass along health benefits to those who consume it (eating shark meat is one I've frequently heard about)

- don't doubt the ability of the CCP to persuade their citizenry that the virus was introduced by the US/Western powers; after hearing enough propaganda from the Chinese gov't, I'm certain some feel CV was NOT contracted from things they buy at the wet market.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

Truth
Frankly, most people think theyre getting "fresh" at the grocery store...ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They need to be Neutralized..

I am against the UN but before we have to NUKE
THE ENTIRE COUNTRY

Maybe they can diplomatically get them to stop this bull#.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien

The issue is not the wet market, it's the type of exotic animals routinely sold in some mainland CHINESE wet markets.

If you think the packaged meats in a supermarket are either the best cuts or "fresh" you are delusional or never actually eaten fresh. In many cases Gases are added to the packaging in supermarket meat to it "red" for longer.

www.youtube.com...

I go to wet markets all the time (not in Mainland China) to get fresh seafood and meat. Just slaughtered or just off the boat from my preferred vendors - yeah it does taste far better than what you'll get in the supermarket.

I'm no prima dona and gassed grocery store meat suits me just fine. At least it doesn't start pandemics. Wet markets just seem awfully primitive to me.
edit on 3/30/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You don't need to convince me they're backwards and disgusting. First time I saw them drag a puppy out of a cage for lunch was all I needed to see. With its innocent eyes and steeled loyalty, the dog never tried to defend itself (sadly)

Multiculturalism at its finest. No thanks, I don't want to find common ground with that Godless sty.
edit on 3/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Carpet bomb them

Stick to playing call of duty!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
They need to be Neutralized..

I am against the UN but before we have to NUKE
THE ENTIRE COUNTRY

Maybe they can diplomatically get them to stop this bull#.

Seriosly! What the hell is wrong with people like this!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: vonclod

Carpet bomb them

Stick to playing call of duty!

Don't play video games, and I'm talking about the wet markets..pretty much hyperbole anyway.
But ya, I don't care for how some Chinese view the animal kingdom. Lots of superstitious, voodoo bullsh#t, and for status.

Sorry if you don't like it, I'm pretty fair but some things I don't have to like.

Stay safe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join