It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Independance Was Written To Protect The Very Rights That We No Longer Have....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I think of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independance, there is always one phrase that catches my attention the most.

That would be where it says: "All men [people] are created equal that they are endowed........ with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That part I have had memorized for as long as I can remember, however, I have rarely seen it put into action.

I believe that when those Documents were written, they were to protect the citizens, and future citizens of America from being opressed by big government, and/or huge corporations. What I do see, is that the original Founding Fathers have long since passed away, leaving their precious documents to be put in the hands of ruthless leaders, whom found that the documnts meant so earnestly to protect us, and for generation after generation, did not apparently meet with the new leaders adgendas.

Therefore, as time passed, and the documents passed through the hands of more and more leaders (presidents), the original laws set forth in them, were changed little by little, to where now, whether the Constitution is actually worded somewhat the same, the interprertation by government has drastically changed. It is no longer, "by the people, for the people", but is now geared toward to,"by the President, for the President" and of course those closest to him, and can be of benefit to him.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good......He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them. .......He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries. ........He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

These are just to name a few major limitations that have been imposed upon us over the years, and seem to be coming to a head soon. The article in it's entirety can be found here: The Lawful Path....

Any thoughts from other members on the subject?

[edit on 3/12/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
My thoughts are fear.

What if I take unconstitional laws to the Supreme Court and they rule in favor against the Constitution? What do you do?

You can try and start a political campaign. What will that guarantee you? Nothing..

Too many people will not tolerate or side with people who try and overthrow the government to ensure our rights arent being infringed. They will just think those who try and do anything outside of the courts are evil.

And if things have gotten so bad that all of the more powerful corporations have a bigger force willing to protect their agenda, you arent going to be able to win.

This is the fine line between heaven and hell (Living in America versus living in Somolia).

The machine gun ban is unconstitional.

The regulation of weapons is unconstitional (explosives and destructive devices).

Some state's even have assault rifle bans. Definatly unconstitional.

And it is the politicians who vote for these things. I dont understand how they cant be removed or jailed? Maybe they should propose the Constitution be amended instead of passing unconstituional laws.

But im open to democracy, I just dont think it will work. Can try.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Democracy could work, but only under one now impossible condiion: That the curent government be overthrown, not necessarily in a violent way, but overrthrown none the less.

Then we, the citizens of America would have the opportunity to form a whole new government that truly is, By the People, For the People.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Democracy, ah yes, the "people's" government...
it can only work if the people really are in control.

top topics

join