It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I watched the rise of skywalker and...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I want to punch Disney in the face.

I don't know if you can physically punch a corporation but i'll go to my science lab to see if i can. they've destroyed what i've loved for 30 years. Gareth Edwards gets away scot free because Rogue One was genuinely good. How does Jar Jar Abrams still have a job? he couldn't direct traffic let alone movies. then there is Rian Johnson, who butchered the last jedi, my god they may as well hire amy schumer

in a sex joke long long vagina, in a sex joke far far vagina

Satan help me, George lucas must've been drunk when he made the decision to sell his baby to disney, hell he should've donated it to me. You can't just say 'duh i love star wars' and think they can pull it off-NOT. And then there's the authors who poured hours upon hours of writing, only for their work to be non canon (read discredited) only for writers to steal their work! we are talking about esteemed writers like R.A Salvatore, Kevin J. Anderson, Timothy Zahn, the list goes on. These talentless thieves are robbing talented writers of credit.

Can we storm star wars?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Baby Yoda? Really, BABY YODA?????

I watched the first Star Wars with my son who was about 4. We sat in the front row. That Halloween there was still no franchise and not costumes for kids. They had not expected the popularity to even do a second or third.

We took an old black gas mask, a black metal army helmet, a black cloak with black shirt and pants and he was the only Darth Vader in town that year. I quit going to Star Wars movies after three of them.

Star Wars has become something that rather than being produced as a work of art to something more akin to pablum for the masses who have been suckered into their drug. Star Wars is a drug. And way to many addicts will consume it whether it is good or bad. It may be time to move on.

Oh, and don't blame Disney, blame all the folks who should have move on from SW years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Can we storm star wars?

Only if you put together a multicultural and racially diverse group, lead by a strong female with no on-screen charisma.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The farce is strong with this one thinks me.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Used to I could watch Star Wars Movie anytime and while I hadn't seen this one yet I was going to watch it and basically got as far as Kylo Ren going to meet the resurrected Emporer. The shame is Adam Driver is a great actor but the writing of his character in the first two films screwed him over and he tries his best in a flaccid plot. I turned it off and went and had some blueberry milk.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Force was a-Woke-n in this one.

Disney made it about modern virtue signalling, not about the lore or the cannon. They could have made something, but instead they had to slay the patriarchy. And this is what we got.

It would have been interesting to watch if they made Rey a genuine hero with a genuine hero's journey discovering the way of the Gray Jedi to bring balance to the Force. They could have made Luke's bitter old man pose his facade like Yoda pretended to be senile. Luke and Rey together could have unlocked the way of Gray ...

But, sigh, no. We had to destroy the patriarchy with a crew of talentless writers.

Jar Jar Binks the Sith Lord would have been a more interesting and entertaining plot twist than Rey Palpatine having to fight her ... shuder ... grandfather who wasn't quite dead yet.
edit on 30-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I just pretend episodes 7-9 are legends written by some sh!t fan on the internet. They're not actually part of the story.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I just pretend episodes 7-9 are legends written by some sh!t fan on the internet. They're not actually part of the story.

LOL good point Id be fine with Rogue One prequel being the last one LOL maybe they just need to do a 15 minute end piece where a young Luke wakes up hungover from Endorian moonshine and stumbles into Solo and Leia and says I just had the weirdest dream ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ya I was pretty disappointed with it also.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Can we storm star wars?

Only if you put together a multicultural and racially diverse group, lead by a strong female with no on-screen charisma.

I laughed out loud on this one...so damn true.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They need to add a couple of X-Wing pilots with the call-signs Snowflake and Safe Space ...

Woops! I'm mixing my Marvel comics and Star Wars again.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I liked it. I think it's great!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Didn't you author a thread saying it was a good movie??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Didn't you author a thread saying it was a good movie??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, awkward...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've always liked George Lucas. He was pioneer and responsible for truly groundbreaking film techniques. That said, I think episodes 7-9 are better than 1-3.

Episodes 1-3 were all George, and they were terrible for the most part. He relied way too much on CGI and the dialogue was absolutely agonizing.

Episodes 7-9 are far from being masterpieces, but I thought they were more entertaining. I was entertained. My kids were entertained. They have been rewatching them quite often.

Look, like many of us on here, I grew up with episodes 4-6 and they will always be the GOAT. I just don't get the absolute hatred of the new movies.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

The politics and the complete destruction of the old characters made the last trilogy terrible,,, enough that I didn’t even watch the last movie.
1-3 were not very good, no argument there, but they at least tried to be Star Wars movies and gave respect to the earlier movies.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Why was it so bad? Everyone complains but never gives any reason as to why it sucked. It's like you just jump on the band wagon of hating it just for the sake of fitting in.

It's no where near as bad as episode 1-3. Those were straight up garbage. You got a pedofile empress, a stereotypical slave in jar jar and the worst CGI known to man, hell even the original jurrasic park had better CGI then those, not to mention the huge build up for Darth maul who barely had any screen time. Now who directed 1-3?? Oh yes the all mighty Lucas himself.

Even Lucas made crap too. This is coming from a life long starwars fan. These new ones, all tho made by Disney, are a 1000 times better than 1-3.

In the end episodes 4,5,6 are the best and will always be the best.

top topics

join