It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Racism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Incest. father-daughter,uncle-niece, for your comfort.

Ray davis--that was about the most culturally and racially insensitive remark I've read on this whole post. I recognize that in the hispanic lower-classes the emphasize is on economic survival, and parents who had none, are not of the mindset that education is the answer, even though, for them it is. When the boat is sinking, the last thing you care about is fishing, and that's the line of reasoning too many hispanics are forced into.
But to even suggest that there is a greater problem with incest than in the white anglo population because of an education shows your ignorance of the problem. It is and has always been openly practiced by many white religions groups who don't wish to assimilate, and, ye, whites throughout the eatsand south. I would say hispanics are less guilty of this problem than any other group, a--hole.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry to have offended you so deeply. No offense was intended, honestly.

I agree that the stereotype portayed most commonly is the southern white hick incest, but I cannot just ignore observations of the real world.

Again, I'm sorry but I can only speak from experience.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
kazi, had you read what Ray wrote instead of what you 'think' he meant you wouldn't be offended.

I live in the South and YOUR remarks are offensive- not to me though, as I know you have no clue.

Incest is cultural, not racial.

Yes there is a LOT of incest in poor hispanic groups. Anyone saying different is wrong. There also is a high amount of child brides. This also is cultural.

As with drugs, etc. the culture of the poor 'breeds' such things.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

I dont worry about hurting anyones feelings. I just state what I see. Someone asked if my qualifications were the same for a white man marrying my daughter. I wish I could say "Yes!" but I cant. Honestly, I'd be a little more willing to let a white guy slide with a thing or two, than I would a black man. Again, just an opinion. Ahh, but I encounter blacks EVERYDAY that are prejudiced against the white man. I smile and treat them the same way I do white people because its my job to. But the attitude is huge! But hey--its their turn now, right?

Rock on man. I spent four years in D.C. and "reverse racism" is hard core there. It is like because whites are the minority they are discriminated against. It burned me to see it.

Let me say this, in my tribe we would shun all races but our own. It was not uncommon to takes captives and integrate them back in the old days but it is not done now. If you anything but Native on the res you are not accepted.

As for the Asian thing I say earlier posted that is true too. Don't call a Korean Japanese, they will put a foot in your ass.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Dear all,

It is saddening to see that racism is alive and well in this thread.

Far from an attempt to Deny Ignorance, many on here seem to wanting to garner pride from their ignorance.

Could you please toddle off and find a KKK or NRA website to post on?

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance?

To pretend something does not exist when in fact it does is to embrace ignorance

Racism, sexism, and many more 'ism' based activities are alive and well. The sword cuts both ways on this.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
most people may not be racism and show it or tell any one about it but it will always be in their brain. though talking about it may become more the actually dont something physical about it. though they are talking because thats whats in our nature to debate and talk about people that are different from another person. You as blacks most likely think the same way as we do and talk about some white kid walking past you then talking about him. we do the same but at the most we are not doing it by physical force which some people do. If I was you dont worry about it because once in your life you will or have done the same.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would say that many of us have some sort of racist ideas in our mind, maybe some don't. But that does not mean that the thoughts have to controll you. These thoughts are just like any other thought. Lets say you were fired at your job. This can be upsetting, especially if it was unwarranted. In your mind are ideas of burning the company to the ground or beating the crap out of your former boss. But after you had some time to get away from the situation, and get your senses about you, you decided that beating the crap out of your former boss might not have been such a good idea, and burning the company to the ground would land you in jail and possibly kill people.

And I say again that a racist thought is just a thought. You can look at that thought, examine it, and say that's really a stupid thing to think. And you can change your thinking.

Spiritually there is no color and therefore no rational reason for racism. Bottom line.

Troy

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Perhaps some of you are familiar with a biological theory which until now continues to hold up, known as hybrid vigour?
There is no reason to suppose that this does not apply to ALL living organism's, including humans.
I have seen the idiocy of racism from both perspectives. Race mixing from a scientific stand point seems to be a good idea, whether you like the idea or not.

dictionary.reference.com...

lumen.georgetown.edu...

phoenixhasrisin, I agree with you that race mixing does not degenerate us humans. But I don't think that race mixing creates superior physical/mental capabilities. Out of all the mixed people I know, have known, worked with and met, none of them have contained these characteristics. All of them have their own special talents/strengths/weaknesses, no different from their pure-blood counterparts. I live in San Diego CA, mixing is a common practice. BTW I am not purely white, though I don't think of myself as mixed because I dont look like I got a drop of different race in me. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, easily sunburned skin. My grandma on one side of my family is half native american/half german.

I Think this hybrid vigour theory is a poor ass excuse to mix-race, it just encourages ones' lust of the opposite sex not of your own race which creates avoidable problems.

Racial purity, or the maintaining thereof , biologically speaking , actually leads to genetic degeneracy, and disease,a s witnessed in inbred families. That's all races are, the same families basically One just need apply this to a human scale, and see that race mixing, biologically speaking is the best thing for the human species. No matter how you feel about it.

I don't buy one ounce of this race purity=genetic degeneracy crap. Yeah if one marries a cousin, and their offspring marries their cousins and so on. But to apply this to a race as a whole is laughable. Most of the Races have been around for thousands of years establishing themselves and in most cases advancing to their present day state. If your above statements were true, people with 10 fingers& 10 toes would be a rarity lol or some of the races would have been whiped out solely by inherited diseases from staying pure-blood. This is not the case... yellow, black, red, white and every color in between, each race has more than enough diversity to avoid genetic degeneracy. Maybe if the sport legends and brainy geniuses of today were all of mixed race then there would be some substance to your opinion but I fail to see any truth in it.

Much evil has come from the racist mentality but let us not forget that this mentality has created all of the inumerable, unique and beautiful cultures of the world which we delight in. This so called "ignorant behavior/way of thinking" is the reason why all of these beautiful cultures still exist today. Isn't it ironic that racism is thought to bring a race to its end through inbreading/creating less diversity and yet it is this mentality that is responsible for all diversity?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I Think this hybrid vigour theory is a poor excuse to mix-race, it just encourages ones' lust of the opposite sex not of your own race which creates avoidable problems.

quote:
Racial purity, or the maintaining thereof , biologically speaking , actually leads to genetic degeneracy, and disease,a s witnessed in inbred families. That's all races are, the same families basically One just need apply this to a human scale, and see that race mixing, biologically speaking is the best thing for the human species. No matter how you feel about it.

I don't buy one ounce of this race purity=genetic degeneracy crap. Yeah if one marries a cousin, and their offspring marries their cousins and so on. But to apply this to a race as a whole is laughable. Most of the Races have been around for thousands of years establishing themselves and in most cases advancing to their present day state. If your above statements were true, people with 10 fingers& 10 toes would be a rarity lol or some of the races would have been whiped out solely by inherited diseases from staying pure-blood. This is not the case... yellow, black, red, white and every color in between, each race has more than enough diversity to avoid genetic degeneracy. Maybe if the sport legends and brainy geniuses of today were all of mixed race then there would be some substance to your opinion but I fail to see any truth in it.

Much evil has come from the racist mentality but let us not forget that this mentality has created all of the inumerable, unique and beautiful cultures of the world which we delight in. This so called "ignorant behavior/way of thinking" is the reason why all of these beautiful cultures still exist today. Isn't it ironic that racism is thought to bring a race to its end through inbreading/creating less diversity and yet it is this mentality that is responsible for all diversity?
cherubimsfire

First, the human race cannot be subdivided in any logical way into definitive 'races', there is only one race, the human race. As for your advice to not create avoidable problems.... the only problems are those created by people who have an issue with the relationship. So who is the victim, and who is the problem? I wasn't able to discriminate as to who I fell in love with, and I thank Spirit for that. I would have missed out on many fond memories, and very valuable lessons. In particular, I would never have known the pervasiveness of extant hatred and ignorance regarding two people in love who happen to be from very different ethnic backgrounds. At first I was incredulous, then shocked, then angry, and finally, disgusted. The way people can be so mean to others, and so judgemental, based solely on physical traits or ethnicity, is sickening.
I guess I could have ignored my heart, and avoided all the crap that my love and I have had to endure, but I never would do that. Even with all that hateful and derisive treatment, the joys far exceeded the annoyance of having to listen to all that bigotted nonsense. I decided long ago that hate is really just a defence mechanism for fear, and I am so thankful that I do not have to carry that burden of unfounded fear and hatred around. I have enough concerns already.
Regarding diversity, I am a huge supporter of people preserving their heritage and culture. I love to try new foods from different parts of the world, learn new words, and see different styles of dressing. And there is no need to consider ones own culture as superior in order to preserve it. We can do so as equals, so I think I disagree with you that segregation and ethnocentric egotism are the source of that diversity, nor are they needed to preserve it. Love is all you need.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Deny Ignorance?

To pretend something does not exist when in fact it does is to embrace ignorance

Racism, sexism, and many more 'ism' based activities are alive and well. The sword cuts both ways on this.

Very true, but as for that cutting both ways.....

All those 'isms are merely forms of ignorance - to hold tightly to a beleif in any of those 'isms is also "embracing ignorance".

I have never understood the notion of racism. Living in Toronto I have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing many different cultures. I know for a fact that many races and cultures can live in harmony next to each other. Here in Toronto we have something like 200 nationalities living within our borders and most with their own "area" that preserves their culture while still exposing their young to other cultures, and offering their culture up for exploration from other youngsters.

Not that they aren't problems, and the Black community here seems to be in the spotlight more than others, but that has a lot of factors and the solution will probably more complex than just a "racial weakness".

IMO, the biggest threat is this reverse discrimination I have started seeing. I can understand how some people could get very uneasy from this.

Why can't people just get along? Is it really that hard?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Joe,

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Deny Ignorance?

I think you are confusing my refusal to countenance 'isms' with an attempt to ignore them.

This is not the case.

I fight them whenever I come into contact with them.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am a firm supporter of so called 'reverse racism', and think it is a great idea, but that it is unfortunately far too scarce at present. It is mostly the product of over active imaginations that are afraid.... of having to give some of the booty back. Every great fortune hides a crime, I think that was Cyrano de Bergerac, and I would be behind a complete redistribution of the planets equity, or resources, stuff. Just have everyone hand over everything to the NWO, that is coming whether we want to admit it or not. It is a fait accompli. And a good thing if done for good reasons, it is our only hope of ending famine, etc. So, then after everyone has no possessions as per John Lennon, we tally them up and split it up even steven. The developing world and poor folk everywhere would receive a massive windfall, while the west, and the more industrially developed areas would take a big hit in the wallet, but hey, at least no 50 000 or so kids would die that night from sheer lack of caring by us. And since the poor would be so grateful I am sure no previous robberbarons would starve, and they'd likely feel warm and fuzzy inside too.
I have see statistics that just blow away the fictional boogyman of reverse racism. It is a non issue. Yes, some jobs have been assigned based strictly on evening up the previous inequity that was the norm in our old bigot haunted past. Women, and any visible minorities have been woefully underemployed in the past. There is a NEED to balance things out, if only for the appearance of acceptance, if not actual acceptance that we are all here to stay. Paybacks a *itch. In the RCMP, there has been a program to ensure that the communities such as Vancouvers Chinatown are policed by ethnic Chinese, which only makes sense, for practical reasons. And the higher positions in all Canadian Universities have been eternally males. And I mean virtually every one. There is no way that that was the result of fair hiring practices. glass ceiling. for sure. So, lets get on with it and the sooner we get this messy material greed hoarding idea out of the way, which seems to panic at having to give up even one percent of the booty, the sooner we can all get on with our lives. And start all over again...sigh.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But I don't think that race mixing creates superior physical/mental capabilities. Out of all the mixed people I know, have known, worked with and met, none of them have contained these characteristics. All of them have their own special talents/strengths/weaknesses, no different from their pure-blood counterparts.

Well the idea of "superior physical/mental capabilities", which is BS, is increased probability of occuring. And you can't look for an uber-human, that's retarded. You're looking for better capability in at least one area that far outshines others.

So you can't just look at the few people you know and call that a representative sample. You have to look at the widest mixed sample you can get your hands on and comapre that with non-mixed people.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
the Black community here seems to be in the spotlight more than others, but that has a lot of factors and the solution will probably more complex than just a "racial weakness".

IMO, the biggest threat is this reverse discrimination I have started seeing
passer by

It may be that racial weakness is the main factor, since the bigotry and harm that the oppressive, exploitive, barbaric conquerers have long been doing might be more biological than environmental. But I doubt it. The hate, fear, and prejudice towards people who look, talk, dress, or act different is a clear weakness.
The idea that restitution is not only not necessary, but in fact, a threat, is another troubling aspect. When do the children of the victims get some kind of payback for all they lost? Why is that such a problem? Balance is needed and we cannot just keep the spoils of the crimes and then claim we are equal now, its unfair. Also, the fact that we even discuss the merits of 'race mixing' is itself sad. There is one race, the human race, and if a Scottish lady and an Irishman marry, that is no different than a Swede and an African, or an Asian and a Native American, or a Canadian and an American. We're all human, one race. Mixing is just an obsolete concept, from when the different ethnicities were strangers.... we are no longer strangers, now we are family.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join