It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Racism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I guess Im a raciest than.

I just got a threatening U2U mail from someone who wants my kids to be blown to peices. Perhaps its time for me to move on.

I think it was a mistake to come to these forums, Im not scared of any man, but I won't put my family at risk. Im signing off on ATS. Please remove my name and all information regarding myself from ATS.

Thank You

Maximu§

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please send me a copy of the U2U or just forward it to me this will not be tolerated.

The staff will take appropriate action

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That's bull# LA. Don't let people threaten you like that.

If somebody harrasses another member of ATS, the staff WILL take action against them.

They've done it for my benefit, they'll do it for yours.

I don't like you, personally. We've tussled quite a few times on various subjects. But you have my support in this regard.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Max, that's the beauty of being online.

They have no way of knowing where you live, maybe they have a general area....like LA..how many people live there?

Don't sweat it man, It's probably some greasy, sick, fat-arse boy with huge glasses on his computer with the cheeto stained key-board......

Its all good

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

[Originally posted by LA Maximus
My family moved here from a small town 200 miles North of Quebec City...theres no Blacks up there, so moving to Los Angeles was a severe culture shock to us.

- Yeah, I know that one. I lived in Ireland for years and moved to London.

After I joined the US Army I got to know Black Men who I would give my life for.....They were brothers to me and I swear thats the truth. I than came to realize theres good and bad in every race and color....Im still having problems with Arabs and that battle against Arab racism rages on inside of me.

- Well, we all got our problems and faults max, no-one's perfect.

My point was, even I help Blacks who need help and have great Black friends.....would I be a "Raciest" if I did not want my daughter or Son to wed a black and have his 1/2 Black baby?

Does that make me a Raciest??

- It seems to me that your reasoning here is based soley on race so yes, I'd say that's racist.

Im not even sure If I am or not.....If any of you want to debate...fine, but please turn OFF your siege engine and talk to me like an adult.

- Max it seems to me you are not a stupid person and I have seen you post stuff that shows you are pretty well read.
I'm not seiging you and I thought I was talking to you like an adult.

You spoke about allowing you daughter to have a mixed race child and questioned (if she were to have such a child) whether you would or could love it.

I thought that was worth exploring as it seems to me to be pretty way out there IMO.

- It's not like you have to be all your life - and from your previous comments it seems to me like you have had experiences which lead you away from an obvious crass kind of racism. Great.

I just got a threatening U2U mail from someone who wants my kids to be blown to peices. Perhaps its time for me to move on.

I think it was a mistake to come to these forums, Im not scared of any man, but I won't put my family at risk. Im signing off on ATS. Please remove my name and all information regarding myself from ATS.

Thank You

Maximu§

- I'd say that's a real pity if you go max.
Some idiot dork abusing or threatening people from the safety of his/her computer is just pathetic.

Cos as said it doesn't work like that. Your IP address means jack and you are not risking anything coming on here I am sure of that.

I rarely agree with you max but I'd be sorry to see you go and of course I'd defend your right to hold views I completely disagree with.

Don't let the ba**ards grind you down.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So far I've only visited America three tiems; N.C. TX and N.Y. now, I'm English, with a slight tan - Russian/Native American mix and sometimes I can be mistaken for being Arabic in the Summer. (Coming back over, with my girl who's American/Southern)

While I was in Texas, I stayed just outside of Houstan (not going to say any Village names) but when there I was treated rather badly, the local restaurant which was owned by a Black Family would never offer us "Eat in" food, it was always "Take out", while I was with her and her friends, yet if I went in there by myself and spoke I was offered to eat in and they treated me fine.

In N.Y. I had no problems whatsoever, from anyone no matter what.

In N.C. on the other hand, in the small area once they found out I was dating this girl (her home town) I was treated like dirt. Comments on my dress, how I look, my accent, etc, etc. Several comments by people no matter the race on my accent alone.

What I'm trying to point out here, is there is a big problem, all over Europe, Southern America is known to be racist to visiters and from where I was I got treated badly. There were a couple of times in the N.C. stay when the Police were called out, once for a guy pulling a knife on me and making comments about me dating an American woman. I think the problem is though because people don't mix enough, after words when I spoke to the girl about it, the whole of her childhood there was never one person who was not white in the area and I'm by no means black, but in the summer I do have a bit of an odd skin colour. These people took this as a reason to make very racist comments.(As far as I can see.) I actually got called several insults for Arabs, Raghead, etc, adn I don't wear a turban...so to me, from what I've seen the U.S. is a very racist place. (Also I'll point out, I've moved and seen a lot of the world, I go on Holiday for at least 4weeks a year if not 6, to different countries and the problems I got have never happened anywhere else.)

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Maximu§

Max we have reviewed your U2Us and found no threat whatsoever from any member.

Can you give me a name of the member that has threatened you?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

- Faked threats? Surely not?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by Amuk

- Faked threats? Surely not?

If he can U2U me the members name this can be settled one way or the other.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Welcome and yes biology is what it is all about ! I hate to be redundant, but I said it before and I will say it again Hybrid-Vigor.

dictionary.reference.com...

Race mixing produces stonger offspring in all living organisms. Racial purity, or the maintaining thereof , biologically speaking , actually leads to genetic degeneracy, and disease,a s witnessed in inbred families. That's all races are, the same families basically One just need apply this to a human scale, and see that race mixing, biologically speaking is the best thing for the human species. No matter how you feel about it.

This is certainly true and as time goes on, believe it or not, race will be a waning issue. I grew up in an all white town because the town was so damn poor, no outsiders were interested in coming in. There were never slavery issues because the only issue people had time to deal with was food and survival. We were a neutral or border state between the North and South during the civil war which meant nobody cared where we stood because the poor are unimportant. Hell, we didn't care where we stood.

However, now seeing my modern region deal with the issues anew as most of the rest of the country has for decades, I get a sample of what it must have been like. But, being of the unenlightened populace, even I can see the advatages of interbredding between race. Has no one else noticed the superior abilites both mentally and physically?

See, one thing we do know is that maintaining blood lines does one thing very well, it passes on and replicates bad traits. Geez, take a look at the royal family.

Take the example of canines, look at the expense and difficulty one goes to in even keeping pedigreed animal alive. Take a mut, you can't kill it. It lives years longer and without the health issues associated with established blood lines. In fact, muts are the superior animal yet they are stigmatized as inferior.

Its the same with people. The same families intermarrying and breeding eventually begin to produce birth defects, mental retardation, and scores of other problems. Being of a pure blood line is not good. It doesn't make you better, it means you are either already dealing with or likely will deal with some very serious health issues.

So, my advice to any of you is to keep a different race open as a definet possibility when dating. Maybe, as time goes by, we will see the old hate mongers die off and eventually their rhetoric as well as we did those who preached the earth was flat. Oh, I there are people of all races who fall into this catagory. Some of the more active racist I have seen so far have been non-whites. The ignorance runs on all sides but its slowly losing its grip with time.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Could someone please explain what's the "hidden" part in racism.
e.g
Terror,territory,tyrants,fascists,dictators,oppressors...
concentration camps,holocaust,genocide...
Armenia,blacks,Cambodia,Darfur,ethnic,Fidel,gender,hate,Iran,jihad,
K.K.K,lynch,murder,nazies,obey,Pol Pot,queers,Rohwanda,slavery,Tito,
U.N,violation,why,xenophobia,zionist.....
I don't get it.... what's hidden?:
P

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
LA_max,

Can you provide to either the Mods or the thread a copy of the U2U that you alluded to?

If it is for real then it needs to be stamped out.

If not then ........

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
LA_max,

Can you provide to either the Mods or the thread a copy of the U2U that you alluded to?

If it is for real then it needs to be stamped out.

If not then ........

Cheers

BHR

Its been taken care of.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by accidental tourist
e.g
P

In Canada, overt racism is not that common, but covert bigotry is abundant.
Where I grew up, racist humour, insults, and stereotypes were constantly heard, unless of course a member of the group being dissed was present. I told my last two partners, the first one is black, the present one native, as many of the jokes that I could recall that targetted them. They had not heard virtually all of them, maybe one or two. Also, certain racist terms that kids used all the time were unknown to them, like the terms used when referring to Brazil nuts and licorice kids. This surprised me, and I concluded that the people who liked to spread these meanspirited insults were doing so behind their backs, too chicken and too guilty to say them to their faces. So, here anyway, racism is subtle and quite well hidden. Still, I found out that it is very much still going strong. I learned a lot these last ten years, and was totally blind to how much of this crap still goes on.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Originally posted by accidental tourist
e.g
P

In Canada, overt racism is not that common, but covert bigotry is abundant.
Where I grew up, racist humour, insults, and stereotypes were constantly heard, unless of course a member of the group being dissed was present. I told my last two partners, the first one is black, the present one native, as many of the jokes that I could recall that targetted them. They had not heard virtually all of them, maybe one or two. Also, certain racist terms that kids used all the time were unknown to them, like the terms used when referring to Brazil nuts and licorice kids. This surprised me, and I concluded that the people who liked to spread these meanspirited insults were doing so behind their backs, too chicken and too guilty to say them to their faces. So, here anyway, racism is subtle and quite well hidden. Still, I found out that it is very much still going strong. I learned a lot these last ten years, and was totally blind to how much of this crap still goes on.

This is the worst type of racism in my opinion. Subtle so the general empathetic public won't even notice, but out there enough to bring out the racist in even the most tolerant person.

As far as inter-racial relationships, the existence of that phrase is racism in itself. In my mind there are no races, only humans. The worst problem, or the biggest advantage, depending on who you are, is that it is born out of the family unit, like the original post and a few others alluded to. People take on the traits of their parents, and racism comes along with those. Ethnocentriicity does not discriminate on the other hand. I've heard racist statements from people of all colors / religions / backgrounds.

Any possible solution I can think of ends up having some check that keeps it from being effective. I don't know if anything except simple love could possibly change things.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

LA_Maximus you are full of crud and you know it. You posted that statement in order to warrant a response without the knowledge that Moderators can review every U2U sent to you to discern whether or not you were threatned. If you are going to lie to ATS about some imaginary threat then fine, leave ATS.

ATS has seen its fair share of liers, no reason to welcome another one.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
ATS has seen its fair share of liers, no reason to welcome another one.

And no reason to call names over something you know nothing about..

The U2Us were checked out and while not a direct threat to his kids it did state "they hoped they would be blown up" the same member was also harrassing other members with the same type messages so was banned.

Any member recieving threating U2Us should contact us.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think someone wanting there daughter or son not dating someone of a different color is fine. It is just tradition and keeping there blood line a cretin way. It also goes with religions too. Ever heard a mom asks if her daughter’s boyfriend was Catholic or Jewish. If you meet someone of different race or a religion and you love them that’s great, but if your mom rather you date some one as the same race or religion, it does not make her a racist.

We are too quick to call each other racist in this country now. I heard a woman apologize at work, because she only liked to date white men. Is she a racist for that? Nope, that’s who she is attracted to. She can’t help it.

Some on here are quick to call spliff on here a racist. I do not think he is. He might have some prejudges, but he is far from a racist. A racist hates everyone with a particular skin color. He notices things in his environment and analyzes them. I worked at a bar and almost every black guy ordered a Heineken. Not every one, but 8 out of 10 did. Does that make me a racist, because I noticed that? Or how about that most black men did not tip either. Again 8 out of 10 did not tip. Even our black servers use to fight over who would wait on the black table, because there was a good chance you would not get a tip. You notice things like these and in my experiences, they happen. Am I a racist for noticing that?
I don’t think so. If it happens enough you will notice a pattern.
Im not saying all black men across America do this, so hold off your judgments. It just happened in my neck of the woods.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Snowman9]

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been that active in this thread lately, but I haven't forgotten it. Just been extremly busy with work. I am now working two jobs, usually go in at 5PM at the first job, get off around 10:30PM and then go to the second one, at 11PM and get off work about 7AM. Get home about 7:30AM and crash. Don't usually wake until about 3PM. So, much of my time is now very much devoted to other things in RL. Major personal changes, but, I haven't forgotten this thread, nor have I been avoiding the site. Have just been tied up.

Now, back on topic.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the state of the public schools here in the US, and have noticed some major differences in the school systems in black neighborhoods, compared to the school systems in the white neighborhoods. For one thing, I think guards and metal detectors are more prevalent in the black neighborhoods. For instance, take Nashville, where I graduated from school. Now, I went to two schools up there. The first was Hillsboro High School in Green Hills (right across from the Green Hills Mall). Now, yes, we had an officer there. I was pretty good friends with him, as a matter of fact. I was always there after school with our J.R.O.T.C. class doing drills and Academic Club practice, so, we became pretty cordial. He was there with the explorer club, though. We didn't have metal detectors, either. At the second school I went to, Hunters Lane Hight School, just north of Nashville in Goodlettsville (I lived in Madison, TN about 6 miles from school) we also had an officer there but no metal detectors.

Now, take for instance Pearl Conn, in Nashville right outside of the Jo Johnson/Herman Street projects. They had officers there, metal detectors, and a police station within about a block and a half (they actually had a couple of the appartments in the Jo Johnson projects that they stationed officers in...a mini station).

Why am I mentioning all this? Well, I was thinking the other day about the education I recieved growing up and the schools I went to. Hillsboro was one of the Presidential schools. Was presented the flag by one of the former presidents for accademic excellence, had 33 nationalities represented, no over fill problems. They never even considered sectioning classes off, if they needed the space, during renovations, they just bought a trailer and had the classes out in the "portables". Hunters Lane was the same way.

But, at Pearl, they had most of the classes sectioned off. There was a major over fill problem, but, the districts didn't want to "bus the students out" to other schools.

Back home, in Southwest VA, we had no metal detectors in any of our schools. There were no gaurds in the schools, either. Though the district of schools I went to was extremely poor, and our county was the poorest (I went to Whitewood in Buchannan County back home), we still had a state of the art school. But, the area I went to was "lily white." My family came from a coal mining community that is dying out economically. Try to find the "town" Pilgrims Knob on a map.

Now, if my school back home in VA was new, even though we were in a poor community, why, in a major city like Nashville, are some of the poorer communities, like the Jo Johnson area, so neglected and forced to educate their students in an over filled, run down school like Pearl? I know a lot of the kids in the Jo Johnson projects. Most of them are extremely nice and friendly. I used to go down to the area to a coffee shop/outreach in the area. I got to know a lot of the kids there from the picnics and BBQ's we would have in the park with the outreach. Most of the kids are just looking for love, just like every other kid. What makes them so different that they are singled out and forced to go to school, and be expected to get a good education in a school that most people wouldn't think of sending their child to?

just my thoughts....
regs

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think someone wanting there daughter or son not dating someone of a different color is fine. It is just tradition and keeping there blood line a cretin way. It also goes with religions too. Ever heard a mom asks if her daughter’s boyfriend was Catholic or Jewish. If you meet someone of different race or a religion and you love them that’s great, but if your mom rather you date some one as the same race or religion, it does not make her a racist.

I faced exactly that ... my parents treated me and my black partner like crap for five years cuz they weren't comfortable with it.
I sure felt like they were racists every time it happened, especially as the years wore on.

Maybe they are not racist, and maybe its okay to think like that. But, imho, it is not okay to try to coerce someone else to be a bigot too, and it is not okay to be ignorant, rude, disrespectful, or mean to someone becuz they are not what you think is 'okay'. I was hurt so deeply by my family's actions... well, anyway.
I just totally disagree with you.

'As far as inter-racial relationships, the existence of that phrase is racism in itself. In my mind there are no races, only humans.'

One race, the human race, agreed.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join