It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hospitals really overrun with Covid 19 patients

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

NYC just broke the record Tuesday for most ambulance calls in one day. Around 6000.

They brought in 250 ambulances and 500 EMTs from out of state since 20% of our EMS is currently out sick. They may be very sick if they are out at all.

I live near an FDNY EMS station and they were BUSY yesterday. All you heard were sirens all day. Here and all over the city. Its a busy city so you cant go without hearing some sirens anyways but this was reminiscent of prior terrorist attacks or emergencies.

This is getting worse just like the scientific community has been saying it would for years. They have also been saying so now but some dont care.

edit on 2-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why are nurses being laid off instead of being transferred to care for the covid-19 patients?

www.insidesources.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracEIB
They’re not letting anyone in unless they have deathly ill symptoms so there is really no way to know. New Yorkers are being told to not seek medical treatment unless they have deadly coronavirus symptoms.

Can this post get more stars?????

I can’t believe how much people on this website are reaching to make this a hoax!!!!

They are turning people away. My coworker went in to get tested because she came in contact with someone who tested positive and yes, had the illness.

She was also sick and her kid was sick. She was not running a fever and they told her to bounce.

What happens if it was something else????

This was upstate New York. Not even the city.

They have released out inmates as well due to overcrowding fears and it spreading to the prison population.

So, yes, this is a hoax and lets release out some dangerous criminals.

*sarcasm

Jesus Christ.

Also, on a side note, barely anyone is staying home and non-essential businesses remain open in New York.

That is why we cannot contain the spread.
Your news won’t cover that.
edit on 2-4-2020 by TommyJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Chiming in to just give my two cents.

What an absolute freak show this thread is.

CRISIS ACTORS? You're kidding, right?

Man, and here I thought all the tinfoil hat wearers had gone. You all oughta be ashamed at believing such drivel.

Know why some car parks at hospitals are empty? Because large areas inside hospitals are shut down. Why are some hospitals not overwhelmed? Because there are DIFFERENT TYPES OF HOSPITALS. A level III Trauma Center and a burn ward specialty trauma center are going to have different toys to play with, and accept different types of patients.

When a pt presents with X, and the hospital can only deal with Y, they stabilize the best they can, and transfer the pt to a facility with adequate care.

I'm getting fed up at this point seeing you lot who know nothing at all about healthcare talk about this stuff like you have ANY idea about what's going on.

ETA: Know how many ventilators the hospital in the university town near where I grew up had? The only hospital within 45 minutes to an hour of the next place?

One.

(A ventilator is what you need to be put on if you're RSI'd (rapid sequence intubation))

Know how many medical services have the ability to RSI in my entire region within my state?

Six.

But you all knew that already, because the crisis actors told you while they were off duty at the bars that are only closed because of the illuminati or whatever it is you believe.

Facts.

This website has turned into a worst version of 4 Chan and Reddit.

It is like everyone here lives in fantasy land.

Ima head out.

Been a decade long lurker of this website, but it is trash now.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyJohnson

Who said this is a hoax ?

Coronavirus is real the media is just blowing it out of proportion .

Do you understand that sentence ?!

Is another example for months the media kept screaming the fatality rate was 3.4% .

They knew that rate wouldn’t hold and was going to go down . As more cases were reported. Did they mention that the vast majority of the time they repeated it with dread and fear in their voices .

Occasionally yes but the vast majority of the time no. They were blowing it out of proportion to . Did you read the thread before you flew off into your tantrum ?

Don’t call me a hoax tard especially when you don’t know all the information .

edit on 2-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here’s some New York Times footage rebroadcast by CNN . Showing how hospitals have been overrun .

This is from the footage does anyone know what they are ?

I believe most people would refer to them as ventilators .

I should probably make this following statement my signature .

*Coronavirus is real and it is a threat. But it has been over blown by the media .

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Freestanding ER = urgent care with better toys (and no ICU beds). Surgery hospital = high-margin elective procedures only.

My nurse was offered several thousand dollars per week to work in NY on a contract basis. I imagine that is where the urgent care nurses will go if they have reciprocity.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

There must now be enough nurses, doctors, hospital beds in NYC, because the USNS Comfort is virtually empty.

Only 20 patients have been treated as of Thursday on the USNS Comfort hospital ship that docked in the New York harbor earlier this week to aid in the coronavirus fight.

The vessel’s captain, Patrick Amersbach, said in a call with reporters on Thursday morning that only three of the 1,000 beds on the ship were put in use since the first patient was accepted Wednesday.
Source: nypost.com...

I guess 17 of the 20 were examined and released.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are only 6 known cases in the county in South Carolina where I'm moving from but the hospital serves 250,000 people. I can't imagine a big crowd there right now.

I still think there is a highly contagious weak strain of the virus going around. I accidentally helped immunize hundreds or thousands by now because that was weeks ago. I had a cold and cough for 4 of 5 days and a lingering cough for 2 or 3 weeks. It was a strange cold. I caught it after shaking hands at church with a stranger. Stupid custom that spreads viruses. It was after sick people were arriving from China and going through the Charlotte airport which was a secondary destination. People were sick and not showing symptoms. Everyone I was around caught the cold I had quite easily. My mother is in assisted living and was starting to recover and a couple visitors from California infected residents with a much stronger virus. I could tell it was a lot worse and limited my time there and then they locked it down. If there are two strains, a weak one and strong one, then maybe you can get infected with the worse one after the weak one. I don't know but I think our leaders don't know either. Right now. They have been listening to scientists projections of worst case scenarios. It should hit big cities harder. City folks don't understand rural folks drive all over the place and remain isolated most of the day. If I go to Walmart and see 3 people in line, big crowd day. I hop over to a self checkout with no one.

I read an article by a New York writer claiming southern states driving all over the place were putting the country at risk. That's a bunch of boloney and blame shifting. I moved closer to work and now I only have to drive 7 miles one way. I was driving 40 miles a day. I never stop and chat with anyone while driving. I have to drive 15 miles round trip to buy groceries. I try to only go when necessary because it takes time driving everywhere. I've been trying to move on weekends and usually am not talking to anyone in person the whole time and I was driving about 300 miles a weekend. I'm doing everything alone with no help. In hind site, I would have hired a lot of help and been done a few months ago if I knew the future. There's a one in a 10 thousand chance someone may have the virus and Ive been successfully scared out of hiring help. Plus help cost money. I'm sure New York City writers would want to shift blame to southern states when we have 6 cases of the virus in the whole county and no one died from it here.
edit on 3/4/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ah, another hater. You know the reason you have that takamine is you once were inspired by someone with talent. Now look at you.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Well damn. I dont want to marry him but I think he is a good guy. Many vehemently disagree with him but he maintains a sense of humor and is respectful on a personal level. His burns sting extra nice since he is smart but if you tango you got to dance.

Be easy man.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We are being lied to and we are #ed for falling for it

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I want to correct myself a bit here. Some free-standing ER's are basically extensions of hospitals and are run by their medical advisor. They have labs and radiology on-site. The only thing they don't have is ICU beds. Anything serious is kicked up to the hospitals.

I honestly have no idea what they are doing for fractures, etc. My SO's company is basically shuttered and working from home. There is at least one home health care in operation for serious stuff. She has been trying to get her patients on home INRs.

They move heaven and earth to avoid sending their patients to the hospital, which isn't unusual, given their biz model (keep medicare patients out of ERs and in primary care as much as possible) but seems super-amplified now.

Of course, I've never had the pleasure of watching her work, so...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes74
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We are being lied to and we are #ed for falling for it

Governor Cuomo caught in another big lie.

twitter.com...

Maybe he's gunning for the "Cry Wolf" award?

Cuomo will resign when the class action lawsuits start being filed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join