It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. News Media CoronaVirus-19 Coverage is Filled with Lies - Spins - Omissions - Fear Mongering.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Monday, March 30, 2020

Even after 3 straight years of being caught and shamed for lying, distorting, omitting truths, and fear mongering...on everything from North Korea blowing us up, to President Trump being a Russian Agent, the U.S. Mainstream Media continues spewing their Anti-American propaganda, unabated.

The the current project assigned to the producers, writers, anchors, and guests, by the 6 corporations that own 90% of the U.S. media, is to damage President Trump's chances of being re-elected this November.

To that end, they have seized upon the current CoronaVirus Global Pandemic, and used it to make the threat to Americans seem much worse than it is...and to create panic and fear, when neither is warranted. Some examples, courtesy of Real Clear Politics.com.

The media distorts and misleads, takes statements out of context, treats assumptions as facts, and in general, seems to want to sow as much rancor and fear as possible. This is irresponsible journalism, in a time when the nation needs just the opposite.

President Trump is their favorite target, as these examples show.

-February 28, 2020: Politico published a piece entitled, “Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax.’” Many in the media and Democratic Party echoed this fake news. Trump was in fact calling the criticisms of his administration’s response to the coronavirus the Democrats’ new hoax.

-March 5, 2020: CBS News posted a story falsely claiming President Trump told sick people to go to work. If you read the actual quote, he is talking about healthy people going about their business not knowing that they have the virus: “So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better.”

-March 12, 2020: An Atlantic staff writer upheld the lie that China was “sending aid” to Italy out of goodwill, despite it being disproven by The Washington Post. The shipments in question were exports that had been purchased by Italy and other receiving countries.

-March 12, 2020: NBC , NPR , Newsweek , Joe Biden, CNN, and Esquire falsely claimed that President Trump blocked coronavirus testing and rejected WHO coronavirus test kits because lower numbers are good for his re-election.

-March 13, 2020: The stock market soared and the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a record increase after President Trump and his coronavirus task force held a press conference on the government’s response. CNN had only criticisms of the administration’s response with no mention of the stock market gains, according to The Federalist.

-March 13, 2020: The Washington Post published an opinion piece that falsely claimed that President Trump closed the White House Pandemic Office. The Washington Post later released an article that fact checked the initial claims from the opinion piece.

-March 15, 2020. The Atlantic published a piece, "The Coronavirus Called America's Bluff," that attempted to assert the Trump administration is just as bad as China's Communist Party in its handling of the coronavirus. Keep in mind that China silenced doctors and journalists and lied to the WHO to keep the pandemic under wraps.

-March 16, 2020: The Daily Beast took a cheap shot at the president, but worse, it misled Americans when it headlined a story, “President Trump told several governors that they are largely on their own in stocking up on gear such as respirators and ventilators to fight the novel coronavirus.” Other outlets then echoed the phony report. The president actually said, “We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

-March 16, 2020: CNN falsely claimed that the Trump administration is considering imposing a national curfew.
Additional Instances, up to March 26th, at: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Contrast the above lies/spins/omissions from the News Media, against what the Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) said about President Trump, 4 days ago.

The director-general of the World Health Organization praised President Trump’s “political commitment” to preventing the spread of coronavirus, as the global community works to “suppress and control” the pandemic.

Asked about Trump’s handling of the pandemic during a press conference Wednesday, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the crisis needed “leadership.”

“And that’s exactly what President Trump is doing, which we appreciate. Because fighting this pandemic needs political commitment and commitment at the highest level possible,” Tedros said.
Source: nypost.com...

Thankfully, even more Americans are realizing that the News Media, like the Democrat-led U.S. House, have no problem with damaging our country and our economy (which includes all of us), just to remove President Trump from office.

In fact, the March 26th Gallup poll shows that more Americans Trust President Trump's CoronaVirus-19 statements, than trust what the News Media says about the ongoing Covid-19 epidemic. (60% of Americans believe Trump / 44% believe the News Media)

Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

As usual, I'll be adding examples of Media Malpractice to this thread over time. And ATS members, your (constructive) contributions are always appreciated.

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Amen. And i dont trust WHO.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
read the #filmyourhospital threads on twitter, zero real activity and a few fake videos of curbside morgues

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
We have been 8-14 days away from our health care system collapsing since early March.
I'm not saying this isn't serious (it is), or that it won't get worse (it probably will), but the sensational reporting and fear-mongering by the media and officials (and former officials) is irresponsible. They are using fear to manipulate (or profit from) the public. Never more so than when giving the mortality rate without mentioning why it is so skewed by sampling or how people under 55 have a 99.8% chance of recovery (and better in the younger groups) even in the skewed stats, while the old and infirm are comparatively devastated with 14%+.

South Korea and Japan have both been models of mitigation according to the media, who then glosses over the fact neither country had a lockdown preferring target action for high-risk groups and the infected.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Amen. And i dont trust WHO.

The World Health Organization has had its share of scandals. I think they're under investigation for "something" all the time, just like United Nations leaders.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Thank-you for posting that Twitter link, and also the photo of CBS News misleading the public, by depicting an ICU in Italy as the ICU at Elmhurst hospital, in Queens New York City.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

And the national and local media RARELY (if ever) mention how many people were tested to arrive at the "400 new cases of Covid-19 in ___________just today!".

That's why the Media and Democrats in Congress keep demanding that anyone and everyone be tested... Because it gives them bigger "tested positive" numbers to support their fearmongering panic-generation agenda.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It look`s like WHO is part of the New World Covid Order

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
The WHO gets the most donations and grants during Pandemics. Ebola was good to them.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As March comes to an end, the BIG WAVE OF COVID-19 USA CARNAGE has been delayed by 3 weeks by the same media and medical experts who get almost every prediction wrong....all the time.

Hospitals are over-flowing RIGHT NOW, and the big wave is still 3 weeks away!!!

An American publication that doesn't give a damn about Americans: www.vox.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Another example of LYING.

Rows of Coffins containing drowned African migrants, falsely depicted as coffins containing Covid-19 victims.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Just like 9/11, BP oil spill, Benghazi, etc; most will not care or try to do something about any of this until the damage has been done...

I’m writing a book about this whole endeavor as it unfolds; I have interviews of doctors, and patients.
Loads of lies and misdirected info by both sides of the paradigm.

If and when it gets published, I’ll donate most of the proceeds to people like you who in the shadow of democracy; the ones who never put done their flashlight and always kept searching.
edit on 30-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I just saw De Blasio thank Cuomo, his staff and the military for getting the USNS Comfort to arrive in days instead of weeks.
Since the NYC and MSM are one in the same I thought I would mention that here, never mentioned president Trump.
De Blasio thanked everyone except president Trump, what a terrible person to ignore our Commander in chief and President's efforts along with the coronavirus task force to get this done along with the Jacob Javits Center beds and thousands of ventilators that were sent.

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Just like 9/11, BP oil spill, Benghazi, etc; most will not care or try to do something about any of this until the damage has been done...

I’m writing a book about this whole endeavor as it unfolds; I have interviews of doctors, and patients.
Loads of lies and misdirected info by both sides of the paradigm.

If and when it gets published, I’ll donate most of the proceeds to people like you who in the shadow of democracy; the ones who never put done their flashlight and always kept searching.

edit on 30-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not defending the media, just pointing out that they have been using "wrong photos" for everything, all the time, for a decade or more.

20 years ago, I watched them show up at a crime scene, and string their own tape around an abandoned house down the street and do a live feed from there for the 5 oclock news. I asked them if they knew they had the wrong house and they said they always did this so they didn't get hassled by the cops at the real crime scene. Or sued by the homeowner, etc.

DO you remember Trump said middle easterners danced in the streets on 9-11? The MSN was like "that didn't happen." But it turned out the networks had all showed 'file footage' of people dancing in the streets, to hype the invasion of afghan later that year...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, the media spin machine is operating at 110%, trying not to self destruct.

A friend who very strongly believes every narrative the media gives him sent me an email yesterday citing Science Daily, of which I had never heard before, and the article was one "making it very clear" that the Coronavirus was naturally occurring, and NOT MADE IN A LABORATORY.

Frankly I'm skeptical of that claim.

With so many being sick here in December and January, before it was even a topic, I think it was started here first.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

You're right.

My favorite example was 6 months ago when ABC showed some videos of automatic weapons fire at night and said it was from Syria showing the US fight against ISIS.

It took about 2 days for it to be exposed as an annual event on private property in Kentucky when owners of automatic weapons can pay to get in and shoot it up.

Mainstream media is for 2 purposes only: 1) Propaganda 2) Fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I remember that. ABC News said American soldiers were filmed murdering Syrian Kurds in cold blood!

Those kinds of reports are a threat to National Security. I'm surprised the U.S. Government didn't sue the pants off of ABC...it's owner, Disney, could afford to lose a few billion $$$.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Monday, March 30, 2020

Just saw a huge fear-mongering deception on ABC-7 Chicago Nightly TV News.

Look at this Total Number of Global Covid-19 Cases graph: www.worldometers.info...-cases

Here is what the CoronaVirus "expert" reporter said, while pointing to a big picture of this graph behind him...

"The number global Corona Virus cases in the world continues to increase at an alarming rate. We are now up to 800,000! Until this line on the graph starts to fall, this virus pandemic is far from over!"

WHY is this misleading?

Because the Total Number of Cases graph will NEVER EVER turn and head south. Since the dysfunctional deceitful media is using the "TOTAL NUMBER OF CASES" since the start of the Pandemic, and NOT the current number of "ACTIVE CASES" for their fear-mongering graphics, the "number of cases" can go nowhere but up...higher and higher, year after year.

BTW....You can see the Active Cases at: www.worldometers.info... (currently at 582,355)

edit on 3/30/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
and people are going hungry they are lining up at food banks all over the country.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
and people are going hungry they are lining up at food banks all over the country.

I see that domestic terrorist CNN is showing a big banner on the right of the screen showing TOTAL covid-19 cases in the USA and the World.

They should show ACTIVE cases...which is more realistic to the RIGHT NOW.

TOTAL = All cases since Day #1. That number will never go down. It will always go UP, as long as Covid-19 exists. (fyi: H1N1 deaths are still increasing)

edit on 3/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join