It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement beginning to clamp down on movement of people in Los Angelos area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yesterday I was at the Rose Bowl and walked around the area to get out of the house. I have to get out of the house or I will go nuts. Went back today and they have it shut down to where you can't park your car and walk around? So I went to the Brand Library Hiking Trail instead. It looks like the COPS are at every single possible place to get some exercise and blocking them off?

Is it really that dangerous if you stay some distance away and just walk outside? I'll just go hill walking up any old road to get some exercise. They won't be able to block off every road? How stupid is it going to get?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Honestly, it's not going to get any better.

All it's going to take is a few bad interactions with law enforcement at a time when people are fearful and desperate and we may very well see the worst in people.

Folks are already going into stores and looting right in front of other shoppers and store employees. The police are starting to categorize shop lifting and petty theft as a no response call.

They're not coming so....🤷🏽‍♂️

This is the "probing" stages of a society that is panicking like crazy. People are going to see what they can get away with now. Cracks will be identified and quickly exploited.

Once an "easy way to resources" trend is set, this will become the norm.

I see lines and security before you go into stores coming if we can't hold it together.

There are segments of our society that are licking their lips at this going south.

One, nation wide, sustained panic attack for most Americans is not good at all if we just take into account how many of the population were, and still are, on some type of psych medication.

I hope I'm not the only one considering some cause and effect scenarios.

edit on 3/29/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
California's Law Enforcement is out numbered by 1.75 million illegal immigrants that's probably now out of work.... and that's not counting the millions of out of work Americans... Not long till the poo hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In the metro areas maybe, but the police have a lot less places to cover and looting is gonna be treated harshly. Most people will relax if they get checks in soon enough and supply lines stay open where they can get goods

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hate to keep saying it but this is how homeless and "undesirable" people have been treated for as long as any of us have been alive. Now you know how it feels to have the world against you and to be helpless. Your only crime is existing and everything is off limits.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I hate to keep saying it but this is how homeless and "undesirable" people have been treated for as long as any of us have been alive. Now you know how it feels to have the world against you and to be helpless. Your only crime is existing and everything is off limits.

I'm not feeling that helpless so far. Just isolated. Never felt any real confidence in the USA or the rest of the flipping world governments.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here's how you catch the virus. You go over to someones house. My friend is a social butterfly and went down to skid row to hand out some cans of food. Some of those homeless people are the most likely to be infected. So everyone in said friends household is possibly exposed. I might be also. A good deed never goes without punishment on this planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I've been around people this whole time and I'm still not having any respiratory issues.

My only theory since I have max exposure to society currently is that I simply have a great immune response.

Or maybe it's a tiny thing exaggerated to justify a complete reset of the bankrupt economy??

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
How stupid is it going to get?

As stupid as Nazi Germany

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

I see lines and security before you go into stores coming if we can't hold it together.

already a thing here in Boston

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I've been around people this whole time and I'm still not having any respiratory issues.

My only theory since I have max exposure to society currently is that I simply have a great immune response.

Or maybe it's a tiny thing exaggerated to justify a complete reset of the bankrupt economy??

Or perhaps Trump sneaked in a Central Bank (Lincoln Kennedy) Nationalization of the Federal Reserve. In the 2 trillion dollar bill. I'm guessing Pelosi had to sign this Bill (before reading it) as she has failed to in the past.

War With The International Banking Cartel? Or NESARA?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Apparently this is going on here in my little community now. Just a few miles from me in one of the local subdivisions, some folks we know were pulled over and questioned about where they were going and what they were doing while going to the local grocery store. I don't think they have a vehicle with out of state plates, so I can't say that triggered the cop, mayabe it is boredom due to lack of people to issue tickets too. Otherwise I can only believe that they have orders to do random checks on anyone on the roads.

We're a tiny community, a township with lots of federal and state public access land. We don't have a local town cop, I believe it was a county sheriff that pulled them over. We have sheriff's department and state cops that answer calls around here with the occasional conservation officer from the MDNR.

People will be out hunting morel mushrooms and ramps soon, then its time for fishing and other outdoor activities. People will be out in the woods. Soon boaters will be out on the water. They aren't going to stop people from trying to live a normal life as the season changes over to summer. I predict trouble with local law enforcement and city people with disposable income that will be coming up here to their cabins or to launch their boats.

I never thought it would come to random police stops around here, just patrolling should be enough. It's coming down fast, but in slow motion. I'm beginning to think the NG is not too far behind in supporting the police efforts to keep people isolated in their homes. These incidents just keep pointing to things getting really bad, really soon, far sooner than I expected. Give it a few more weeks, it's gonna start hitting the fan.
edit on 30-3-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Yesterday I was at the Rose Bowl and walked around the area to get out of the house. I have to get out of the house or I will go nuts. Went back today and they have it shut down to where you can't park your car and walk around? So I went to the Brand Library Hiking Trail instead. It looks like the COPS are at every single possible place to get some exercise and blocking them off?

Is it really that dangerous if you stay some distance away and just walk outside? I'll just go hill walking up any old road to get some exercise. They won't be able to block off every road? How stupid is it going to get?

You don't get it?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Apparently this is going on here in my little community now. Just a few miles from me in one of the local subdivisions, some folks we know were pulled over and questioned about where they were going and what they were doing while going to the local grocery store. I don't think they have a vehicle with out of state plates, so I can't say that triggered the cop, mayabe it is boredom due to lack of people to issue tickets too. Otherwise I can only believe that they have orders to do random checks on anyone on the roads.

We're a tiny community, a township with lots of federal and state public access land. We don't have a local town cop, I believe it was a county sheriff that pulled them over. We have sheriff's department and state cops that answer calls around here with the occasional conservation officer from the MDNR.

People will be out hunting morel mushrooms and ramps soon, then its time for fishing and other outdoor activities. People will be out in the woods. Soon boaters will be out on the water. They aren't going to stop people from trying to live a normal life as the season changes over to summer. I predict trouble with local law enforcement and city people with disposable income that will be coming up here to their cabins or to launch their boats.

I never thought it would come to random police stops around here, just patrolling should be enough. It's coming down fast, but in slow motion. I'm beginning to think the NG is not too far behind in supporting the police efforts to keep people isolated in their homes. These incidents just keep pointing to things getting really bad, really soon, far sooner than I expected. Give it a few more weeks, it's gonna start hitting the fan.

I guess I should be thankful, we have a county sheriff deputy right around the corner, and a couple town police officers on other streets in the neighborhood (lol, in hindsight, think I know why we don't have any crime issues despite being a mixed income neighborhood!) The county has outright reassured neighbors that he has enough to do as it is every day, and personally will not be bothering anyone during all this, so no "where're you going?" pull-overs, no "work papers, please", etc. According to him, the cops in the neighborhood feel similarly, and won't be bothering people, either.

And as for the shroom hunters, yep, the government's not keeping them inside any more than they can the nature folks. They'll shroom hunt one way or the other, come hell or high water.
edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Generally in most US states, the county sheriff stands for re-election every 4 years.

City cops do not.

County is thinking about your vote in November. They want you to have a happy attitude toward them. In normal times, they start helping little ole ladies across the street in July. They start changing flats and giving rides to motorists who run out of gas in November. The perks of democracy.

City cops are hired by the city. They answer to a chief who answers to the city council. So they are pretty insulated from citizen approval ratings. During all the "cop shoots hapless citizen who was gonna get a job" craze after Ferguson, it was all city cops who did the shooting.

Conversely, when there was rioting in the tough neighborhood in South Dallas after Ferguson, the PD retreated and called in the county, who showed up with 75 officers with 12-gauge street sweepers. Riot over without a shot fired.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hopefully all this BS will keep the deaths to a minimum. But in reality heart disease will surely kill more this year than the Corona Virus. What are the leading causes of death in the US?

Where did this virus come from? Some experts have stated that it is a partially man made disease. A biological weapon? Maybe the Globalists should make sure they have control of their experiments. Quit cutting corners. If and only if it was an accident.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Update:

I went to the store in question and saw zero police presence. A few less cars on the road than expected, one bicyclist and a dog walker on the roadside bike trail. I talked to a couple of locals who said they've been out a lot and no cops pulling people over.

The rumor I heard must have been a one time routine traffic stop. Good to know it isn't here . . . yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Heavy-handed police actions in Chicago to. Quite a few brawls and fights.

New York City will begin issuing tickets to people who are standing or sitting too close together.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Update:

I went to the store in question and saw zero police presence. A few less cars on the road than expected, one bicyclist and a dog walker on the roadside bike trail. I talked to a couple of locals who said they've been out a lot and no cops pulling people over.

The rumor I heard must have been a one time routine traffic stop. Good to know it isn't here . . . yet.

Paranoid and/or panicky people, a misinformed person, regular grade A a-hole riling people up for kicks, it's anyone's guess where the rumor originated.

If it helps any, despite being a different area than yours, according to this, they don't intend to enforce squat regarding the order, they're not even going the "Work Papers, Please" route. It seems they'll attend to more pressing matters, at least around Ottawa and Kent Counties, anyway.

new topics

top topics

join