It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About Some Positive Covid News For a Change?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sorry for the horrible title pun.

Nothing is going to stop the first wave of infection, but there is some good news for the recovered, it seems.

Article from Genetic Engineering and Biotechnical News and originally posted to bioRxiv:

www.biorxiv.org...

The rhesus monkeys were successfully infected, as measured by weight loss, viral replication mainly in the nose, pharynx, lung, and gut, as well as moderate interstitial pneumonia.

Two of the three remaining monkeys were rechallenged at 29 days post-infection with the same dose of the SARS-CoV-2 strain. One monkey was untreated and monitored as a control.

The team measured the amount of virus in the monkeys at five days post-reinfection. The viral loads in 96 nasopharyngeal and anal swabs tested negative.

One of the two reexposed monkeys was euthanized to analyze the viral replication and histological changes. No viral replication in all tissues was observed.

Further, these data suggest that primary SARS-CoV-2 infection could protect from subsequent exposures

www.genengnews.com...

So there seems to be at least a couple-month-long antibody period for personal immunity...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Please.....

Read the OP before posting.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

This appears to be good news indeed!

The possibility of immunity after....

~Looks at thread~

ACK!!!!

~Runs away screaming~

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I wonder if chicken (COVID) pox parties will be all the rage in 2020.

All we need is some genius like Gwyneth Patrow to get this thing moving.

But seriously, allowing it to spread in the healthy population, while protecting those who are at a heightened risk for an extended period of time might be a sensable alternative to crushing the world economy.

Problem is, big pharma would missout on all that sweet, sweet vaccine moolah, and the news goons would miss out on that sweet, sweet fear and division that makes them salivate

Wating for the new Goop toothpaste/enema fortified with avacado and COVID-19.
edit on 29-3-2020 by CoramDeo because: TTT

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoramDeo

I wonder if chicken (COVID) pox parties will be all the rage in 2020.

All we need is some genius like Gwyneth Patrow to get this thing moving.

But seriously, allowing it to spread in the healthy population, while protecting those who are at a heightened risk for an extended period of time might be a sensable alternative to crushing the world economy.

Problem is, big pharma would missout on all that sweet, sweet vaccine moolah, and the news goons would miss out on that sweet, sweet fear and division that makes them salivate

Wating for the new Goop toothpaste/enema fortified with avacado and COVID-19.

Well, it would give them a number of ways to potentially move forward IIRC.

A huge step hopefully towards treatment protocols and a vaccine and hasn't it been shown that using plasma from somebody with antibodies can help the sick.

And as you mentioned the isolation of the at-risk, might be all that's needed after this 30 day period. Let the rest get sick and beat it with their immune systems
edit on 29-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There are 60,000,000 Americans over 65. That's the entirety of what you'd be quarantining...

That leaves 305,000,000 Americans to get infected. If 70% of those get infected, that's 213,500,000 positive cases.

20% of people 18-45 need medical attention. That's 42,000,000 hospital visits. 10% of those will need intubation...

That's 4,200,000 icu patients.

It isn't just about the direct mortality rates.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, that is good news. I wonder if it is permanent immunity and it covers some mutations or if you can get infected with one of the other mutated strains running around. Innate immunity does seem to be the best way, it teaches our immune system to deal with the virus from that point forward.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

There are 60,000,000 Americans over 65. That's the entirety of what you'd be quarantining...

That leaves 305,000,000 Americans to get infected. If 70% of those get infected, that's 213,500,000 positive cases.

20% of people 18-45 need medical attention. That's 42,000,000 hospital visits. 10% of those will need intubation...

I know doofus, I got an 80-year-old Mom and a 60-year-old sister and we all moved in together to help get through this thought we were trying to be positive here. Not everybody is gonna get sick at once either. I'm aware of the curve and the shortages but 17 days we might be able to get some resources back to combat this more effectively

I got news for you likely most of those people are already infected and probably on their way to recovery after 30 day period hopefully these people won't get sick again anyway.

Pretty sure there is a formula for all the tested VS all the infected that you could extrapolate the numbers of those already infected but not feeling or showing symptoms since you are so good with the calculations LOL. Cause you do know they aren't testing unless you have a fever and shortness of breath. Even a long time trusted medical poster on here says their hospital is sending home persons unless oxygen saturation is less than 92%. Ergo loads of people have it now or have already had it.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Pretty sure there is a formula for all the tested VS all the infected that you could extrapolate the numbers of those already infected but not feeling or showing symptoms since you are so good with the calculations LOL.

Where t= time

DSDT:
D: (t,S,I,R)= -A·S·I
I: (t,S,I,R)= +A·S·I - RR·I
R: (t,S,I,R)= RR·I

Where:

N =1
I = currently estimated infected
S = never-infected
R = Recovered
A = transmission rate (thought now to be 2.8-3.4)
RR = Recovery Rate

I'm sure you've got it from here?...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Pretty sure there is a formula for all the tested VS all the infected that you could extrapolate the numbers of those already infected but not feeling or showing symptoms since you are so good with the calculations LOL.

Where t= time

DSDT:
D: (t,S,I,R)= -A·S·I
I: (t,S,I,R)= +A·S·I - RR·I
R: (t,S,I,R)= RR·I

Where:

N =1
I = currently estimated infected
S = never-infected
R = Recovered
A = transmission rate (thought now to be 2.8-3.4)
RR = Recovery Rate

I'm sure you've got it from here?...

Aww So you don't want to plug in the numbers on a formula that would likely show how small the real figures will likely be.

Do remember a certain segment of the over 65 crowds is likely already isolated, like what we did for my Mom or they likely live by themselves or are in Nursing homes being that generation took heed to the warnings. As well as certain states lend themselves to isolation anyway can pretty much be sure as long as they isolate as much as possible it limits even further the overall number at risk. Therefore it is nowhere near 60 million elderly at high risk. Even then there are so many variables, what formula could have predicted the surge in cases in Albany Ga?

Not to mention for accuracy sake you can't just plop in numbers from the country or even state by state, you will need to go county by county to get truer final numbers from your data set.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Great theory!.....

Leads me to particular blood types, which are MAYBE more prone in this bio attack wether natural or not.

World blood types by country

Good chart. 😉

new topics

top topics

join