It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German state finance minister Thomas Schäfer commits suicide over worries of corona aftermath

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Xtrozero
4.7% of what?

Globally, 4.7% of positive tested patients have died. It's for sure lower than that, because not all sick people go to the doctor, but that is the percentage of people who have tested positive, who have died. It's likely changed by now, because these numbers change all day long.

Just checked. Nope, hasn't changed. 33,956 deaths divided by 721,330 positive cases = .047

To get a percentage, you move the decimal to the right two places. 4.7% mortality rate.
edit on 29-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Weird that he would kill himself over what the doubters and skeptics say is a mild case of the flu.

Even weirder that he chose to kill himself rather than lie to his public about the virus being the greatest danger our nations face in these peculiar times... In other words the virus is just a convenient excuse.
edit on 29-3-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Where are you getting that number? I haven't seen anyone outside of fear-mongers saying that.

I'm not sure what you are asking, these are not fear-mongers percentage. The fact that up to 86% that get it are asymptomatic, and that means they are not tested or counted. You ever wonder why a care facility in WA was first hit? A place with limited traffic in contact with the old in there? It was because a lot of healthy people already had it, didn't know it and passed it on to one place being where people actually would have big issues with it.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Globally, 4.7% of positive tested patients have died. It's for sure lower than that, because not all sick people go to the doctor, but that is the percentage of people who have tested positive, who have died. It's likely changed by now, because these numbers change all day long.

4.7% mean nothing...do you not understand that?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Just checked. Nope, hasn't changed. 33,956 deaths divided by 721,330 positive cases = .047

To get a percentage, you move the decimal to the right two places. 4.7% mortality rate.

Now lets do some used car salesman math. Lets say ONLY 5x have it that are not tested or counted, those 86% that can be asymptomatic. We take your known 721,330 "tested" and times it by 5 and we get 3,606,650, now if we divide that into 33,956 deaths(another known number) you get .94% as a worst case. Do you think when they say 61 million to have the flu come up with a .1% lethality is because they tested 61 million people?

If you want real numbers the flu has a person to person transmission of about 1 to 1.4 and this virus is looking like 2.2. That is actually a big deal and that alone can overwhelm the medical system.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What you guys forget doing your nice, shiny equations:

- people do not die on day ONE they get ill.
- therefore you cannot take the number of infections *today* because the people who die today were ill for several days.
- the percentage is high, that is all I would say.
- Protect your elder!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: Peeple

This is way crazier than that. Death toll is only around 0.1% of those infected - or 2x what a regular flu kills Each year.

The Left Side Media tries to bring US down on touting panic and causing politicians go overdrive. Locking economy and increasing taxes is right in their ally.

So, lets not buy it. But lets not make it worse either. Less infections, better economy. But economy must roll on.

How do you propose keeping the economy rolling while also obeying the lockdown?

Because if you don't ignore the loxkdown, you're going to make things worse...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They say he left a note, but... might be a cover for the cover story. How would I know?

Time for Germany's press to get a lot more inquisitive. The "explanation" is a child's fairy tale.

I read a rumor that he speculated with public funds and the speculation went badly sour, thus he killed himself. Whether true or not, I have no idea. But something along those lines is a lot more believable as a reason for suicide than invoking worry over the Coronavirus, IMO.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
no way he killed himself.

he found something out!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

My personal interpretation of this is that he knew people would lose their businesses and that the current efforts of govs everywhere won't be enough.

It's clearly because he knew, and as with a lot of other countries, they were not going to be prepared for when the Corona Virus would hit, in essence, and from what I've been reading, the UK, Australia and others, did not take the threat seriously at the most earliest opportunity
:

You are not wrong and I am worried here in Scotland. The two people who are closest to me are high risk.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Um, yes it does. 650,000 people per year (at the high end of "normal") die from plain old influenza. That's 1,800 per day, but since flu is seasonal and population is largely centered in the Northern Hemisphere where the season is generally only 4 months long, meaning some days of a normal year see several thousand or more deaths per day.

i am simply concerned because there are churches full of dead bodies in Itally does that normally happen with a flu out break.

No, but then business generally rolls on as usual during the flu, business which includes funerals and such that aren't presently happening, causing a backlog of bodies.

I dunno where you get your facts but funerals and cremations are still going ahead. Attendees are limited to 5 here in the UK and social distancing must be adhered to. There is no backlog here...

...YET!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
will everyone screaming murder and cover up - please actually read the official reason for his suicide

that is NOT a coverup

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join