It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with those satelites?!?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's why we need more orbital observatories, including moon based ones.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Is this in the same area of sky as comet Atlas btw, because that would be an amazing coincidence if so.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The Starlink plan blots out the coverage of high in orbit geostationary satellites.

The established rules on satellite interference followed by SpaceX were not designed for LEO 'moving targets'. So the US effectively made its own rules up to allow Starlink to use up a truly global resource.

As for 'multiple uses' I guess these must be in North America where the mass of the constellation - ultimately thousands - will be focussed.

As far as I'm aware there is no plan to maintain or park these cubes - so I wonder what happens when the stop working, or indeed slip out of synch at all. But this wont happen because...well, its Elon right?

Fortuneate the constellation has a hole in it right over the mid US patch declared a 'radio silent' zone.

Spacelink strikes me as a flawed strategic play on the part of the US. A bit like Lybia in space.

One day the Pentagon will realise just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Thank you for the clarification .

Personally I think starlink could be the greatest thing the world has seen since sliced bread if successful . It could have the ability to change the world as we know it .

As with anything that has that kind of potential. There is going to be bad along with the good . The key is to find the balance .

Personally I find it hard to believe that earth based telescopes weren’t taken into account . As I said earlier they’re testing non-reflective coatings to remedy that problem .

The illumination of the SAT trains now just might be the greatest advertising of all time . There’s one hell of a lot of people talking about them. That wouldn’t be talking about them if you couldn’t see them .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join