It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being realistic about Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Reporting NYC Reality : mobile.twitter.com...

It might surprise you, and that dumbass on twitter, but the sick are treated inside the hospital not outside.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Wildbob77
They have special shopping hours for old people so I hope that I can get everything I need and not have to shop again for about a month

a reply to: rickymouse

The wife hates getting up before eight thirty, I already have the bread in the oven, coffee made, cats fed, and am talking to a friend who calls every morning to let me know he did not fall down the steps or slip in the driveway.

I would love to go out there and meet other people I know. She on the other hand does not want to get dressed till ten thirty. She is taking retirement seriously, she DOES NOT want to have to get up early anymore.

Frankly, I thought the early shopping hours for the elderly was pretty stupid. It seems to still be a pretty pervasive old myth that the elderly get up for the day at some ridiculously early hour, such as 5am. I asked my late grandmother once, many years ago, what time she got up to start her days. Surprised me by telling me "Oh, 7 or 8, why? What time did you think I got up?" I figured, for no real reason, really, that she got up at 5 or 6 in the morning (as I said, pervasive myth)

Turned out that neither she, nor anyone in her retirement apartment complex, actually walked out their doors to do anything other than an early doctor's appointment before 10-11am. And my grandmother absolutely hated morning appointments, had all hers in the afternoons only, "Getting poked and prodded before lunch ruins the rest of the day. I'd rather ruin the afternoons when it gets rainy."

I have had so many back and neck injuries over the years that if I sleep over six hours, I get a headache at the base of my skull and my neck is sore as hell. So that is why I get up early, I can sleep to eight oclock if I go sleep at two in the morning. On a rare occasion I do get ten hours of sleep, it is when I sleep on my back for more than an hour that my neck gives me problems. I usually wind up on my back part of the night though.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Here is what a hospital at the epicenter is experiencing.

Its been shared on other media but I havent seen it here so I thought Id share.

Added-

edit on 29-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy
Looks like some place I'd rather not be unless I had no choice

top topics

<< 1   >>

join