It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain And First Officer Film Pulsating UFO While Flying Over Monterrey, Mexico On March 28

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The problem is that is weather radar. Weather radar is designed to detect moisture, turbulence, and even wind shear. It's much improved over even 20 years ago. What weather radar doesn't detect is other aircraft. So even if that was an aircraft, it wouldn't show up on that screen, unless it can show ADS-B information, and the other aircraft was broadcasting.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The "cockpit" chatter is talking about not seeing a TCAS indication on the display. Does that make sense?

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue Shift

Actually, something perhaps in the sky.

Okay another bit of "we don't know" in the sky. Nothing of any particular worth. We've known odd things sometimes appear in the sky for as long as we've been human. I don't think this bit of footage is going to crack the case. Or "cases," I suppose.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Couple of grabs and enlargements. Some kind of shape, maybe. Hard to say.

The shapes are most likely camera created. It could be perfectly round and look that way in the camera. The bottom line is you can't make anything from it. I don't even think it is moving at all, so I'll go with Venus...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What I actually meant is that there is nothing in the video to indicate that it is even in the sky at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ksihkehe
It looks to me that the the "pulsing" is someone fiddling with the zoom setting. Zoom in, zoom out.
The camera itself can produce odd effects when autofocus and digitial zoom are employed. This is an experiment of mine one evening. Results surprised me.

Well duh Phage. We all know Venus is actually a mothership. The diamond shape proves it. 100% FACT.

In all seriousness though a cameras autofocus will cause light sources to behave in that manner.

It's called light blooming. When the light is bloomed out, it's out of focus. When the light is small it's in focus.

Most cameras including the ones on most peoples phones have an active or continuous autofocus.

The pulsating affect could be due to the camera's efforts to focus on a small target, at a far distance, through glass.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Most, but not all, aircraft are equipped with TCAS. In the event there's a loss of separation, it directs one aircraft to climb, and the other to dive to avoid a collision. It's required on aircraft with a takeoff weight over 12,600 pounds, or that carry over 19 passengers. There are several twin engine aircraft that can reach over 25,000 feet, but don't meet the requirement to mandate TCAS is installed.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thanks. I was asking about an indicator showing up on the radar display. The "sound track" involves a discussion of that.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That was what I was getting at with the end of that reply. The King Air for example has an MTOW and passenger count below the minimum, so yes, it does make sense there's no indication. Not all private owners are going to install something they're not mandated to. So it easily could be an aircraft and not show up on their system.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thanks again.

I guess my real point was this, do you find the sound track credible in regard to the technical aspects?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'll have to plug headphones in later to hear better, but the bits that I didn't have trouble hearing didn't raise any immediate red flags. I'll watch it again later with thre headphones though and listen more carefully.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I was thinking the pulsating was due to an auto focus on the camera.
But when he panned to his instruments, there was no zooming in on the video.

The instruments have many things the camera can use to try to focus, an isolated point of light in the night sky does not.

When I'm trying to focus my camera on a star or planet I first point it to something with a clear structure, so the camera can focus, then I turn the auto-focus off and fine tune the focus manually.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Okay, so my immediate hunch was correct then.
Autofocus on The cellphone accounts for the pulsing effect.
Thanks ArMap.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yes, it's credible IMO.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Wow, I've seen an angular effect before but that square is wild. The pulsating seemed like a focus issue, but I can't see close enough on the phone to make out the shape. Was that an older phone or camera? Regular cameras were still pretty common then.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have seen something very similar. I made a thread about it here with pictures.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Videocam. Digital tape.
The effects are due to autofocus, digital zoom, and the camera aperture.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Has anyone tracked the flight down? Accurate times, etc. Surely the flight will be on flight tracking software. It would be interesting to see the flight direction in regards to Stellarium, etc.

Update. I can see the times from the following link.

Case 107281
Sighted 2020-03-28 22:51

Mufon Link
edit on 30/3/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just to state the obvious, while the pulsating effect can be made with the focus, the other guy (not the one filming) agrees the object is pulsating, and he's not seeing it through a camera. Of course all this assuming the guys are who they say they are and they can be trusted, which is not the case right now since we have no idea who is filming and we don't know his credentials at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Radiobuzz

There are aircraft lights that pulse like that. I've seen them multiple times.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join