It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you certain you can reach your bug out location

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Xtrozero

Nothing wrong with bugging in, that has been my primary plan for a number of years, in most situations its honestly the best situation.

In a pandemic how can you tell if someone is a carrier or not...

War time driving at the wrong time will at best get you picked up, at worst blown up/shot.

Civil war see above...

Natural disaster if you are rolling with a bunch of supplies you are making yourself a target for those that have guns but no supplies.

In my opinion bugging out should be a measure of last resort, but lots of people are in love with the idea of it, having humped a home made ruck over the mountains in Washington state, and then thinking of doing the same thing now carrying guns (for me it was survival school no guns), helping my wife, my son etc... no just no that is a nightmare I would only risk if everything was totally belly up and it was more dangerous to stay in my home.

Well bugging out means you have a planned place to go. If you have no plan place then it is at a point you are going to die of lack of supplies and you have no choice. The first few weeks would be really bad to bug out anywhere...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Either way you got to hit it early or your screwed, which goes back to my belief that luck covers a great deal on who will survive and who wont a true SHTF scenario. (bug out at the right time, have access to your supplies when it goes belly up, not get caught thousands of miles from your support etc)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nope. My bug out location is fight where you are at, love those who you are with, live and let live, and love the God almighty while believing in America and Americans.

It's a simple philosophy to have, and can never fail.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Ive always held the theory that if a situation does erupt its better to have cultivated skills and the abilities needed to survive and adapt to the emergency. Those are a better investment than a kit that can be taken from you or a far off location that could just become your tomb.

Be mobile and fluid. Resources and materials gathered by scavenging, being resourceful and opportunistic.

Have the ability to keep a variable start up kit with basic and generalized items suited for the most immediate needs and imminent threats.

I would want to:
Move with or without other groups depending on the circumstances. Keep a currency of usefulness with people and officials encountered, trust no none and ultimately survive without separating my immediate family.

Priorities would be establishing an exit strategy on the fly using available information and known considerations. Secure immediate needs not found at home like a large diesel box truck that anyone can drive with a large fuel reservoir. Stocking it along the first local escape route decided upon, and getting to the first "alpha site" with minimal stops after supply and local escape route is successfully completed.

Acquiring knowledge of where to find items most would have depleted long ago like the original supplies isnt hard if you pay attention to where those things can be found other than on store shelves or no matter what.

Just keeping them yourself isnt hard either.

Then its just legos in your head. Adding bits here and there with mental notes so as to be ready for the initial chain of decisions you have to make down the path to surviving a serious threat.

Bug out or not, you have to read the situation and not be restricted to your already established plans.

If not you may just be stockpiling items for the government or greedy neighbors to steal in a real crisis.

"Pack light but with heavy mental reserves". If that makes any sense.

edit on 29-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think I'll hunker down in the city, like the Omega Man. Pick a nice place maybe up in the hills with a lot of natural barriers, get some big freezers. On-site diesel generator. Still easier than foraging in the woods.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Gothmog

In the state of Georgia Thread.

ATS, State of Georgia

RI has been threatened with a law suit from Cumo because they are turning new Yorkers back.

Fox news

Yes.
Anyone leaving their homes , under a stay at home order , would be breaking the law to leave and go there.
Done
Next

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think I'll hunker down in the city, like the Omega Man. Pick a nice place maybe up in the hills with a lot of natural barriers, get some big freezers. On-site diesel generator. Still easier than foraging in the woods.

Of course, you remember how Omega Man ended LOL at least the original.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes.

If I had to leave, I could make it -- on foot. Its about 250 miles away, and would take 2-3 weeks.

Most people buy truckloads of equipment, but I wouldn't take more than a 15 pound backpack.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i subscribe to these types of thread - just to read the batcrap delusional merkins fantasies

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Whats delusional about it?

We have people fleeing Atlanta and New York at the very least, and we have reports that police in Georgia and RI at least are telling them to GTFO.

We have Florida asking for your papers as you enter on I95 and enforcing a 2 week quarantine (or trying to), and all things considered this is not really a SHTF situation outside of some mega cities around the country.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I figure I have about even odds, I keep the bags packed and enough fuel on hand in the tank and spare to reach the location. Its a delicate balance determining when its time to pull up stakes and head out, but its getting a little closer each day with the new assorted orders the Governor and the feds are rolling out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join