It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim men urged to shave their beards for a while

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The largest Muslim human rights organization in the United States called on fellow believers to follow the recommendations of doctors and temporarily shave their beards.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) explained that it has recently received many requests from Muslim health workers complaining that they are being forced to remove their beards in hospitals and other institutions to wear medical masks and respirators correctly.

In response to the appeal, Muslim human rights activists called on co-religionists to compromise for the common good and temporarily remove facial hair or reduce facial hair so that the respirator fits properly.

“It's better for them to continue working and reduce their beards so they can wear proper masks to save their lives, rather than stay at home and not shave their beards,” said Daud Walid, CAIR's head of the Michigan branch, quoted IslamNews as saying.

For the information of Muslim men, an illustration is given with various types of vegetation on the face and an indication of whether a standard respirator is suitable for such a beard or mustache.

A source

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
These times bring necessary practical grooming considerations. Hitler kept his mustache (re-modeled) that stylishly accommodated a WWI issue gas mask (mustard gas being all the rage then).

edit on 29-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Muslim health workers complaining that they are being forced to remove their beards in hospitals and other institutions

Isn't it ironic that you can be smart enough to work in various fields of healthcare, but still believe that God or Allah may be upset if you cut your beard for saftey protocols.

I wonder if the need to believe in something irrational is apart of our dna.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Rationality is a subjective concept. Each has its own. But the truth - it is objective, one for all

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

THIS IS INHUMANE, it will directly affect the ecosystem and cause a mass extinction of BEARD FLEA's, though it will make drinking soup a bit less messy.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Fleas are holy! National Endowment for Democracy must firmly stand for the right of fleas to freedom and democracy!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
People with religious beards, make up the majority of the drywall tapers in the BC lower mainland. WorkSafe regulates that they have to wear an test-fit respirator.

It is stressful and unmanageable to have safety regulations that interfere with a religious right.

For what they are doing, the dust from sanding isnt going to kill them but there are worst thing out there.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

just to clarify one thing to those who are so ignorant, its not a sin to shave the beard and at the same time its not compulsory thing, I shave it all the time, so there you go, you've just learned something new.

you're welcome.

now carry on with your jokes about us you and the others here.
edit on 29 3 2020 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I wonder if the Toothbrush look is going to come back in style anytime Soon?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I told my bud a few days back, his beard was a virus/germ sponge

I noticed myself looking a little ragged last night, so I shaved! Hard to have a mask fit while full of facial hair.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Great point. It was necessary back then, tis necessary now.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Hmm.. If it's not part of the religion to not shave the beard, why would muslim men make any fuss at all?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
They view shaving beards as an affront to their god. At least the people who want more effeminate men will be happy about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

just to clarify one thing to those who are so ignorant, its not a sin to shave the beard and at the same time its not compulsory thing, I shave it all the time, so there you go, you've just learned something new.

you're welcome.

now carry on with your jokes about us you and the others here.

You know a joke is funny when someone takes offense at it.

But to remind you not only Muslim's think that beards are some special status thing, what does your book say something about a man with no beard being less trustworthy than a man with a beard or some such daft thing.

Anyway back to my point.

Greek Orthodox and several other orthodox christian group's grow there beard's.

Orthodox Jew's also grow there beards and keep long pony tail like lock's as well for religious and traditional reason's.

Sikh's also hold there beards to have special significance.

And there are several other traditions both old and new.

Then we have men whom just love there beards simple as that AND would ZZ Top have been the band they were if they had not made themselves look like Tolkien Dwarfs crossed with rock and roll viking's if they had not had there beards.

So just to clarify nothing wrong with a beard, it is more annoying to have to shave mine off all the bloody time since I get the dreaded beard dandruff but rather that than have a snow storm every time I speak to someone.

And a joke about beard's is all fair and good, let's leave religion out of it - mostly.

And another point did you know the lice that many men have in there beards are actually sometimes the same as those found in Genital's.

mybeardgang.com...

Now (sudden panic stricken fear and revulsion) were did I put my electric shaver - switched to electric shaving only recently after using wet shaving for the past 30 plus years or so.

edit on 30-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Great point. It was necessary back then, tis necessary now.

Obvious; (I never get any credit for stating such) thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Great. Working from home, I stopped shaving for a bit.

Are muttonchops and a mustache ok?
edit on 4/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Muslim health workers complaining that they are being forced to remove their beards in hospitals and other institutions

Isn't it ironic that you can be smart enough to work in various fields of healthcare, but still believe that God or Allah may be upset if you cut your beard for saftey protocols.

I wonder if the need to believe in something irrational is apart of our dna.

The year is 2020 BC for some people.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
originally posted by: Kromlech
originally posted by: blueman12

Kromlech: I wonder if the need to believe in something irrational is apart of our dna.

You mean THEIR DNA is 'irrational' meaning normal thinking regarding irrational thoughts as regards the *Sharia Law* pubic area pinch test: 1/4 inch pubic hair growth restrictions etc. U.S. military frowns on facial hair because those that wear it are hiding something, and so are untrustworthy. How more basic can this get?

edit on 2-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join