It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained fear of aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

When I was a kid, and the creature (ET) would appear at the end of my bed, staring at me, and would suddenly shoot towards my side, I would then see him run around my room.

I think it all depends on the persons fears to be honest, sleep paralyses is basically a nightmare where your eyes open and are in a state of delusion.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think that all the people that have an irrational fear of aliens are abductees/contactees. I had an irrational fear of aliens and I had no idea why. One day I found out they were real in my life. I stopped fearing them since but I keep a small light on at night so that when they come I can see them face to face. I have researched a lot on the subject and for a while I led a support abduction group in my town and trust me, if the fear is irrational you have all met them. People that have no experiences with them have no fear. Regressions and meditations can help remember. I advice people to do it because you might discover something actually nice about yourself. Its not as bad as it is portraided in the UFO groups, you might find that you had great experiences with them.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Romanov

I'm 42 so we came up to the same alien shows as kids. I was never afraid of them, but I always figured they'd be like the aliens from Explorers, E.T., Mac & Me, etc., not the ones from Invaders From Mars. One evening in 1988, my mom and I saw one hovering across from our house that was so close it felt like we were in some sort of vacuum from it. It scared the hell out of her but I was in a trance, staring at it until she grabbed my arm and told me to get inside the house as fast as I could.

As for the wardrobes, the only one my parents had was one that was built and given to them as a wedding gift in 1975 so I was never afraid of it. Now they have one that belonged to my uncle, and they got it after he died so I would NEVER sleep in my old room which is where that wardrobe is now. I can't help but imagine the door slowly creaking open and him crawling out of it and up the wall.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Interesting about the closet fear. Personally, I have always been afraid of the closet monster, and even now, I cannot sleep with it open.

Wow, lightbulb moment….. I always have things blocking my bedroom closet. (Or I’m just messy 😆)

I remember when Close Encounters first came out, I was a pre teen and loved the movie. I wanted to go with them, and never found the movie scary ( except the big dangly one, that one scared the hell out of me)

Then in my mid to late 20’s after having my kiddos, I realized I became terrified of the movie. I would feel very uncomfortable, and very nervous. The only other movie that made me feel this way, the Fourth Kind. Totally freaked me out.

All other alien movies, I’m fine. Totally turn into the popcorn munching, scare me!!! Type of movie watcher.

Very interesting topic, and I look forward to reading what others say.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

I have seen UFO's and I know I have been abducted, I am 44 years oild and saw ET in the movie theaters, that movie and Close Encounter's of the Third Kind always scared me. The Fourth Kind scared me as well, I had my husband look up the abduction thing in Alaska. Even though I have been abducted watching that movie fills me with dread. I saw Travis Walton Movie too, can't think of it, and the abduction part made me cry, and i asked to sleep with my Mom after watching that. I cannot look at the Grey's picture without feeling something towards it. Dark Skies wasn't scary until the part about the Ufologist helping out the family, what he says gets to me everytime.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
I think it all depends on the persons fears to be honest, sleep paralyses is basically a nightmare where your eyes open and are in a state of delusion.

Or perhaps you're in a heightened state of mind that actually helps you perceive what is really going on in reality that your normally conscious mind works hard to ignore and suppress.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Romanov

I had a close up experience with a grey alien that I blocked out for years til my fellow experiencer looked me up to talk about it (which at the time infuriated me).! I did not want to talk about it.

I have made a post of what happened here!

IMO the quietness of the abduction, the actual snatch of you and the unknowing of what in the heck these things are, not to mention the creepy visuals and other things/beings. Being frozen/unable to move. The ability of these things to move incredibly fast.

Close Encounters of the third kind gave me hope there was goodness

Fire in the sky was very close to home for me

Communion gave me flashbacks

The fourth kind was a reminder not to say to much

Over the years I feel I’ve gotten adjusted to it, until I go camping, which because of the last few times, have turned me off of going.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Perhaps. But what makes me doubt the whole alien abduction narrative is that in my experience the creature was the alien from the movie ET.
So either Steven Spielberg knows something about aliens that we don't or I got the idea from a movie and it manifested in my dreams.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Blue Shift

Perhaps. But what makes me doubt the whole alien abduction narrative is that in my experience the creature was the alien from the movie ET.
So either Steven Spielberg knows something about aliens that we don't or I got the idea from a movie and it manifested in my dreams.

Actually, it's the former. The ET creature was roughly patterned and built after accounts from abductees and other witnesses as to what those little buggers really looked like. So maybe not so much life imitating art, but the other way around. Also, as you indicate, a lot of it is going on in your head, and your head might try to make the aliens a little less horrifying than they really are, kind of like Spielberg did by putting Einstein's eyes in it.
edit on 7-7-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join