It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survived Corona Yay!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC
Wow its 4.12am I'm going back to sleep. Peace guys and thanks 😎😴

Yeah, I was up till after two last night, I got to cut myself of at midnight.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thanks but all we took was Vit C, paracetamol, and funny enough we both started taking my Gabapentin a couple of days ago (think it's called neurontin or something in the US) and straight away were feeling loads better, it was strange..

Interesting - Gabapentin is an immune suppressant- maybe it tamped down the immune system overreaction? I took Gabapentin for a week years ago for sciatic nerve pain (didn't help) and my immune system was quickly failing. Couldn't heal minor scratches, a plantar's wart I'd had for years not realizing it was a wart blew up huge, etc. My reaction was unusual, but just a magnification of typical immune system reduction from the drug.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The scariest thing about this is that you were left a home to fight it off or die.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Before anyone goes rushing off looking for Gabapentin, a few words of warning. Gabapentin was originally used to control seizures and then licensed for neuropathic pain, such as can be experienced following an attack of shingles.

One of the main side effects is euphoria, so no wonder Diddy’s wife felt better. They can also cause respiratory depression in some individuals, not something you want with Covid19.

Despite being denied by the drug companies, they are also highly addictive with very nasty withdrawal, and in UK, are now a controlled drug. I work with drug users and seen first hand what these drugs can do.

Info available on NICE BNF site.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thanks but all we took was Vit C, paracetamol, and funny enough we both started taking my Gabapentin a couple of days ago (think it's called neurontin or something in the US) and straight away were feeling loads better, it was strange..

Interesting - Gabapentin is an immune suppressant- maybe it tamped down the immune system overreaction? I took Gabapentin for a week years ago for sciatic nerve pain (didn't help) and my immune system was quickly failing. Couldn't heal minor scratches, a plantar's wart I'd had for years not realizing it was a wart blew up huge, etc. My reaction was unusual, but just a magnification of typical immune system reduction from the drug.

Great info..

It makes me wonder if other viruses (like the HPV that caused your wart) and bacteria are allowed to flood the system in someone with COVID-19, it might inhibit the replication of Sars-CoV-2?

If so, then antibiotics and broad antivirals may make COVID-19 cases more severe.

And, of course, there's the possible cytokine benefit you mentioned.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the CNS, but it also exerts important functions in the immune system and the islets of Langerhans. ... It also suppressed inflammatory cytokine production, which is likely important in allowing survival of new islet beta cells

www.jimmunol.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Glad to hear you and your wife recovered.

Also interesting to note that even people who have experienced this first-hand are suspicious of the ulterior motives.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great news OP, and thanks for sharing your experience here, hopefully introducing much-needed facts into the discussion and dispelling the doom and gloom that's clouded the issue (at least here in the US)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I've heard that story, that people are getting infected a second time, but that comes across as unadulterated fear mongering.

The body will develop antibodies just as it does with other viral infections.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They're already being sold on the internet. People don't miss a trick.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Glad you and the miss's made it through the virus mate.

Interesting she was exhibiting personality changes from a virus, I'm gonna start calling Covid-19 a " Designer Virus" .
There is something to this virus , something unusual and unseen . It almost reminds me of that Dan Brown novel Inferno , the virus in that story was designed to cause infertility .

Very interesting, makes me wonder does this virus have long term ramifications.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

With regards to the possibility of catching it again:

The 2019-nCoV has been officially named severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses.

Coronaviruses probably spread in the fashion similar to that of rhinoviruses, via direct contact with infected secretions of large aerosol particles. Reinfection is common. All age groups are affected. Common signs of the CoV infection are fever, cough, shortness of breath, and difficulty in breathing. More severe cases can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death. The World Health Organization announced that the name of the illness from novel coronavirus is COVID-19, short for coronavirus disease.
emphasis mine

Coronaviruses: New emerging pathogensdirect .pdf link

I absolutely loathe, "anonymous sources," that being said:

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — It’s possible to get infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a second time, according to doctors on the frontline in China’s city of Wuhan, leading to death from heart failure in some cases.

The claim is made by doctors working in the Hubei Province capital that is at the center of the epidemic, which has to date infected 64,201 people and killed 1,487. One of the doctors reached out to a relative living in the United Kingdom, who then informed Taiwan News.

Both the relative and doctors asked to remain anonymous, out of consideration they might face retribution from the Chinese authorities. The doctor, Li Wenliang (李文亮), who first raised warnings about the Wuhan virus, was rebuked by the authorities before succumbing to the devastating disease himself earlier this month.

According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News, “It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.”

Exclusive: Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier - Taiwan News
edit on 30-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Funny how OP claims they "survived corona" when they were never positively confirmed to be infected via lab test, only physician assumption.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well me and the wifey are alive after getting the bloody Corona virus. We got it after going and staying at the Premier Inn in Derby UK (if your in a city be careful) about 2 week ago. It was terrible... My missus suffers from bad chest infections as it is, and she was real bad, it even changed her personality as far as her going wild and doing weird things.

It was real scary we're still coughing a bit but no more fever and bad sweating, she felt like she was dying, crying all the time, getting real angry, but for me to be honest I've had worst flu than this... Glad we're back at home in our village but it's really strange here now. I think the government's have got alterior motives.

Theres been something like between 500000 to 900000 new benefit claims in 9 days!!! Wow what the eff. All those ppl losing jobs, only essential businesses open.. I went to the super market today (mask on don't worry) and you've got big guys barking orders at every one to stay 2 meters away from each other, the floors marked out in zones, no canned food, no tp (wtf are ppl eating the stuff or what?) no hand wash... Loads of alcohol and sweets tho lol.

I just don't know is it a good thing to lock us down? Cause I don't think it's as bad as they are making out, more ppl die from flu every year. So glad Boris and lol the health Secretary (how ironic) Matt Hancock has got it or have they? Anyway my fellow ATSers just thought I'd let you know. Peace😎😷🤧

I don't know man, strange posting history. First post Feb 7th with a very sketchy non backed up story that seems to be planting an idea...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Has anyone else in the UK had a text from their doctors this morning, saying if you've been in contact with anyone Chinese, not to come to your doctors... Just ring 111... What!! A number that's known for incompetence.😷😲

Every thread is a covid thread. One closed for staff review - except for the one talking about your girlfriend drinking too much. Then you got it, and now you are better. It just seems set up and obvious to the casual observer.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Glad you and the miss's made it through the virus mate.

Interesting she was exhibiting personality changes from a virus, I'm gonna start calling Covid-19 a " Designer Virus" .
There is something to this virus , something unusual and unseen . It almost reminds me of that Dan Brown novel Inferno , the virus in that story was designed to cause infertility .

Very interesting, makes me wonder does this virus have long term ramifications.

The weird experience I had with it was that the symptoms seemed to change every day; one day, I was two symptoms only for the following day, I'd be dealing with two completely different ones. Then, the next day, I'd have the other two symptoms again. It was odd, very odd.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"insert joke , something about not being a colony but still using imperial measurements and not switching to metric"

hahah hope you and your family are safe

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Good to know you are ok

Slainte Mhath

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Overd0sed
Funny how OP claims they "survived corona" when they were never positively confirmed to be infected via lab test, only physician assumption.

Not a bad assumption considering that the world is experiencing a pandemic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join