It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could/would warming some respiratory medications fed into ventilator help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Can some medicine and or respiratory related gases be warmed and aerosolized into mist/clouds for treatments to help respiratory attack/failure in COVID 19 patients?

These medications and or medical gases would be fed directly into ventilation devices (feeding the lungs and then bloodstream of patients) to help the ill by gasing-poisoning and slightly overheating the viruses present on internal respiratory surfaces and subsurface tissue.
The medical scientist would have to find the balance to eliminate the viruses but not the patients.

Good luck Humanity

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
yep, like half of an onion for the sulfates.....in a humidifier......if a life is on the thin line....do the onion,it's the sulfur
edit on 28-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's called a nebulizer. They've been around for years.

edit on 28-3-2020 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, there are a myriad of respiratory medications that are delivered as aerosols using a nebuliser.

Edit: Sorry for the redundancy, David64 beat me to the punch

edit on 28-3-2020 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My following hypothesis.

If I was a Dr.,
I'd try to mesh the antibodies (Leukocytes) found in the blood of those who have built a resistance to the virus as a form of defense against chance of spreading.

It looks good on paper?

shrug

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Feb 2005
Nitric Oxide Inhibits the Replication Cycle of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thanks, do nebulizers release warmed mist-droplets or cooled, room temperature droplets?

a reply to: Drunkenparrot
Also can respiratory gases be warmed to disrupt virus activity? Again making sure the patients are ok/sustained.

Thinking ATS so please excuse if the information is a little ruff edged. Counting on medical scientist to better define the edges of the ideas...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes a variety of medication can be nebulized into a vent circuit.

Atrovent
Albuterol
Pulmacort
Ipratropium
Saline
Mucomyst
Iloprost
Treposinil

And ton more but thats off the top of my head

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

a reply to: FredT

Viruses are very small infectious agents. They infect and multiply within the cells of your body. A fever is your body's way of fighting off a virus. Many viruses are sensitive to shifts in temperature, so a sudden increase in your body temperature makes you less hospitable to viruses.

www.healthline.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Watch the following on youtube......this plus Explains everything , Gull Medical details......

COVID-19 | Corona Virus: Treatment, Prognosis, Precautions
•Mar 19, 2020
Ninja Nerd Medicine

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The new device is not only effective at killing viruses, it can actually prevent disease. And if the technology can be miniaturised, the authors say it may one day replace the century-old face mask, allowing us to breathe clean air on the fly.
"The results tell us that nonthermal plasma treatment is very effective at inactivating airborne viruses," says Krista Wigginton, a civil and environmental engineer at the University of Michigan.
"There are limited technologies for air disinfection, so this is an important finding."
Nonthermal plasma has been around for over a hundred years, in which time it's been thoroughly researched. It's a testament to the technology's potential that we are still finding uses for it today.
The concept sounds like an oxymoron, but nonthermal plasma is essentially like a flame without the heat, created using an electromagnetic reactor.
Sending pure oxygen gas through one of these special structures, the new device initiates an effect similar to static electricity. Plasma is merely the ionised, or charged, air particles that form around each spark.
The device looks like a simple pipe, but inside, it is filled with glass beads responsible for capturing these tiny little discharges. As electricity flows through the system, electrons are sent flying and atoms are pulled from their molecules, producing a silent glow.

The result is a host of free radicals, which are highly reactive particles desperate to reach a stable equilibrium by forming new compounds. The oxygen radical is particularly excited, and when it reacts with a normal molecule of oxygen at room temperature, it rapidly forms ozone, a known antibacterial agent.
Within minutes, previous studies have shown that plasma exposure can rupture a bacterial cell's wall, impairing and destroying its normal activity.
"In one study," the authors write, "a dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) NTP reactor with 10-second plasma exposure and a very high air flow rate (25 L/s) resulted in 97 percent E. coli inactivation."

The new device has now revealed a similar effect on viruses, successfully 'zapping and trapping' 99.9 percent of a test virus into submission - all within a quarter of a second.

"In those void spaces, you're initiating sparks," says engineer and senior study author Herek Clack from the University of Michigan.
"By passing through the packed bed, pathogens in the air stream are oxidised by unstable atoms called radicals. What's left is a virus that has diminished ability to infect cells."

www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
@ respiratory gases.
Can respiratory gases like carbon dioxide or oxygen be warmed somehow and periodically cycled in the lungs of patients to help disrupt virus stability with temperature offset?

Other potential gas mixes primarily used for diving that may be considered to be warmed altered (if possible) and safely inhaled through ventilators to kill virus.

Pure oxygen
Nitrox
Trimix
Heliox
Heliair
Hydreliox
Hydrox
Neox/Neonox
Nitrogen

The objective would be to disrupt virus enough where virus movement is limited or stopped and shedding ended-slowed. In turn slowing the human body's extreme viral response which may cause patients discomfort as natural antibodies begin to flood the lung area, but not stopping the response entirely.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sort of like the vaporizers we had when I was a kid. They worked well.

We used to put our head within a towel to direct the steam over a pot of chicken soup, it had sage in it plus the onions smell. It would clear out your lungs and nose really quick. That was fifty years ago, I do not know exactly what my mother had in the soup but the soup was tasty, especially after your nose was cleaned out by the steam from the soup.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

why have you posted a list of technical dive gases ?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
As potential gases that can be heated to destabilize virus functions and or activity.

a reply to: ignorant_ape
These would be some of the respiratory related gases mentioned in the Op...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The theory behind the idea is viruses are dependent on host that maintain a temperature variable to replicate and begin shedding, so alter host temperatures and or gas volumes in the bloodstream to make host unbearable for virus.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sort of like the vaporizers we had when I was a kid. They worked well.

We used to put our head within a towel to direct the steam over a pot of chicken soup, it had sage in it plus the onions smell. It would clear out your lungs and nose really quick. That was fifty years ago, I do not know exactly what my mother had in the soup but the soup was tasty, especially after your nose was cleaned out by the steam from the soup.

Mom said soup was magical medicine

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

ah - so you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
All our vents use duel heated circuits anyway as warm humidification is better for the lungs. I know not every where does this but all our vents are heated. It’s standard practice, nothing new.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join