It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS - Oxford University estimates that 50 percent of the UK has already been infected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You got a better theory?

a better theory than "i hate 5g and am mistrustful of technology so let's blame a pandemic on it without actually linking the two in any way, meaningful, casual, or otherwise"?
i mean you know what a big ask that is, right?
but i did see someone blaming Nibiru the other day off the back of nothing more than a photo with a lens flare and i think that just sneaks in to take the crown if only for the position that some mysterious star could be present in our solar system with no gravitational effects whatsoever but can totally control viruses remotely.

Second favourite is direct energy weapons in order to push through a proposed highwa--- wait no that was the fires nvm

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

You got a better theory?

a better theory than "i hate 5g and am mistrustful of technology so let's blame a pandemic on it without actually linking the two in any way, meaningful, casual, or otherwise"?
i mean you know what a big ask that is, right?
but i did see someone blaming Nibiru the other day off the back of nothing more than a photo with a lens flare and i think that just sneaks in to take the crown if only for the position that some mysterious star could be present in our solar system with no gravitational effects whatsoever but can totally control viruses remotely.

Second favourite is direct energy weapons in order to push through a proposed highwa--- wait no that was the fires nvm

Stop asking for facts. It won't work

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

WTF you don't believe in nibiru, that's it I'm never starring one of your post ever again...

Winning....!
edit on 29-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petra137
but none thankfully have had the breathing issues and fever.

Well about 85% of all people with Covid-19 either have no symptoms at all or their symptoms are extremely mild.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

this is slander, i never asked for facts and i never would

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

You got a better theory?

It's amazing how many people think because it's a conspiracy site they can just make things up out of thin air and all they'll get is praise. Then when they get called out for their nonsense they retreat to things like "Well can you prove it's not that!?"

Ugh.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oxford university , means smart people huh ? So what , good news because Oxford says sumthing ?

I don't trust experts , what exactly is the Oxford agenda nowadays ?

Guess it's herd-immunity today...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
That means that if 50% of the population has been infected already, the epidemic curve should have already reached its peak and started back down. But Worldometers shows that the UK outbreak is very definitely still on the exponential rise, with no slowing in sight. The UK couldn't possibly have 50% of its population already infected.

Has testing remained the same between all these periods? No!

Most countries have increased their testing. You have to factor increased testing to see if it's really increasing exponentially.
I haven't seen anyone do the math on that. You have to know how many are tested in each period before you can make any statement about the spread.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You can add to that that Iceland confimed ,with testing, that at least 50% are truly asymptomatic.

It is confirmed. It’s a game changer,

You can divide mortlality rates by 2

Article

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's interesting how thinking back to the previous four months can be quite a revelation.

Where I live in Surrey, our town's health centre (literally down the road from us) was reported nationally as having the first case of this virus that was contracted within the UK. So I woke up one morning on 29th February 2019, surprised to see a photo of our health centre plastered over the BBC's main news story:

The news in town was treated quite casually at the time, the panic having not yet set in nationally. But thinking back, my wife now remembers how back in early January she was having unusual dry coughing fits and feeling quite hot over two nights before feeling fine again. A week later, I was coughing for two days although I don't recall feeling hot, but it's not something that many of us take a mental note of - we just plough on regardless.

However, speaking to my elderly Dad today, he reminded me of a dry cough he had in late-January, which I'd forgotten but do recall now when I visited him one day. I was mildly concerned at the time, but he recovered three days later. Again, Coronavirus was not even on our minds back then. We just thought, "Oh, well, here comes a bad cold or mild flu" until it dissipated. Of course now it seems likely that my Dad contracted it from me.

This week we spoke to four neighbours (from a distance of course) who also recall having dry coughing fits and/or slight fevers about two months ago but thought nothing of it at the time. Has most of my town already been through the pandemic since late last year? Very possibly, especially if we were the epicentre without anybody realising!

The total number of national UK deaths where the virus was detected (but not necessarily CAUSING death - that ever-important caveat) actually decreased today, which is good news obviously, but without the unlikely scenario of 100% testing around the country, the thrust of this thread can never be absolutely proven, despite being absolutely likely. But it will all come out in the wash, as they say.

How many others suspect they have already contracted it, albeit months ago, without mentally noting it at the time? It's a fascinating and important question.

edit on 29-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
This is why we need those antibody tests which they're trying to work towards, so that we can find out for sure instead of having estimates.

I can't wait til they get those out. The disappointment among some folks around here and in the media when they find out millions of people have already had the damn virus and didn't die is gonna be palpable.

You honestly think people are going to be disappointed if they find out we may be coming outnof this sooner rather than later? I find it hard to believe someone who can tyoe and read words actually believes that.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Imagine how these stories would have been reported today, in light of the current Coronavirus situation:

Teenager needed EMCO following “fever, dry cough and difficulty breathing” - Doctor says caused by vaping. (Nov ‘19)
www.nottinghampost.com...

Former Blue Peter star Richard Bacon “Fighting for life” with pneumonia after returning from US (July ‘18)

Healthy 35 year old dies from sepsis after visiting hospital for suspected chest infection (August ‘19)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
Imagine how these stories would have been reported today, in light of the current Coronavirus situation:

Teenager needed EMCO following “fever, dry cough and difficulty breathing” - Doctor says caused by vaping. (Nov ‘19)

Former Blue Peter star Richard Bacon “Fighting for life” with pneumonia after returning from US (July ‘18)

Healthy 35 year old dies from sepsis after visiting hospital for suspected chest infection (August ‘19)

They would probably been the same reporting because you are reaching. The receptors of the lungs are damaged by the virus. They will figure that out. I know because I am in close contact with the virus and I cannot hire you if you have any medical conditions as such. I will not going into my job, but you have to be somewhat healthy to get hired.

My current events:
Family member dies...suspected of the virus and once passed, it wasn’t. No damage to receptors. There is no article to quote for you “interesting” folk who always need one.

Two others have it. Still alive. Both said your sense of smell and taste go. Followed by the illness and a not so fun rollercoaster. First hand experience. They are still going through it.

Coronaviruses have been around for a long time. That is nothing new.
SARS-Cov-2, has not and that is new. Novel viruses show up all the time. Normally people, such as yourselves, never hear about it because the host dies and then research goes into effect. Then nothing really comes of it.

So, the world could fake a novel virus pandemic whenever they want to.

But, man, the emotions on this website is just as wild as the virus.

“Virus is a hoax and isn’t real” to “the virus has been around for years, half of the UK has already been infected.” From the same commenters. Much confusion.

Back to the article.
33,000,000 people have been infected? Since January? Boy, I would like to see the R0 on this virus now.

It is a bait click article to get one to read about how we need to test people for the antibodies.

Anyone researching the facts, already know they have been talking about that for weeks. That is one of the first line defense to stopping a novel virus.

A random article online like this is far from fact. Shows how many have been to college because you could never quote an article like this for a research paper. Just as bad as Wikipedia.

I mean just a few weeks ago, you all and the media were saying that this virus was weak as well as only killing elderly people.

Well, now we have infants and kids dying.

Stick to the CDC/WHO for information.

“But, they are lying and just making everything up.”

Yes, people are risking global financial collapse with no reward.

How does that work when money has little value and there is a good chunk of the world’s population missing?

No one benefits from this except the people getting a pay check to sit at home and “work.”

At most, this is a bioterrorism accident because you wouldn’t want to infected your own country without the vaccination or everyone suffers the same fate.

Some tiger king dude is running the CDC/WHO or is he in charge of the 3M company?

Real life isn’t the movies or fictional books.
There doesn’t have to been a villain behind every motive. Things have happened like this before. It is nature.

And, when it does...we should act a little more like the intelligent species we are and treat stuff like it is a real “oh crap” scenario no matter what.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What concerns me is that a 13 year old boy, who had no recent previous or underlying health conditions, has died after contracting the virus in the UK.

BBC News confirms previously healthy 13 yr old died of coronavirus

This is worrying, because by rights that boy should have been the perfect example of a candidate for someone catching the virus, recovering, and gaining an immunity... To say that it's NOT good news to hear of this incident is an understatement.

Given that Icelandic research has evidenced over forty different strains of the virus in Iceland alone, it seems likely that this boy was killed by a somewhat more nasty strain of the virus? Therefore we all should absolutely continue with the social distancing for the time being, even if the curve is flattening, because otherwise we could see the rapid spread of more aggressive & unpleasant strains of the virus.

Icelandic research identifies 40 strains of coronavirus in Iceland alone

edit on AprilThursday2014CDT02America/Chicago-050049 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, link edit

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
What concerns me is that a 13 year old boy, who had no recent previous or underlying health conditions, has died after contracting the virus in the UK.

This is worrying, because by rights that boy should have been the perfect example of a candidate for someone catching the virus, recovering, and gaining an immunity... To say that it's NOT good news to hear of this incident is an understatement.

Given that Icelandic research has evidenced over forty different strains of the virus in Iceland alone, it seems likely that this boy was killed by a somewhat more nasty strain of the virus? Therefore we all should absolutely continue with the social distancing for the time being, even if the curve is flattening, because otherwise we could see the rapid spread of more aggressive & unpleasant strains of the virus.

Icelandic research identifies 40 strains of coronavirus in Iceland alone

Unless it turns out that this is a case of misreporting just like the 21 year old woman whom was said to have died of CV19 testing positive and had no underlying conditions, when it turned out she actually tested negative and had a heart attack because of a congenital condition.

No apologies/retractions from local or national media or the local schools who sent out this information to children/parents attending the school of this woman.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Petra137
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
I just do not believe that 50% of the population "have" had it. I know a fair few people in the UK (but not everyone) and not one has had any symptoms that are exactly as the COVID-19 appears as discussed, many have had mild colds as is the case for most of western Europe in Jan,Feb but none thankfully have had the breathing issues and fever.

That is the point. Most people don't suffer the more severe symptoms, they are either totally asymptomatic, or have only mild cold/flu like symptoms to the point they don't even suspect they might have it - well, except for the panic/fear-mongering that makes anyone with a sniffle think they're gonna die from it.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Pre-diabetic - which a huge number of children are these days because of their really crappy diets - as well as the obese - which, again, many kids are these days - are huge risk factors. This 13 yr old could easily fit in both of these categories, but since they don't tell us these details, we don't know.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow, is my thread still on the forum's first page? I thought it would have sunk to page 10 by now.

There have been and always will be such isolated but unreported examples of premature death, whether with a virus or not. It sounds brutal but we should not start pressing the Red Alert button on that front YET in relation to Covid-19.

What is most disturbing is how the boy's family were not permitted to see him in hospital beyond one 'designated visitor' which regulations insist should be a constant individual. That is a prime example of our own humanity melting away, but can you imagine how the patient felt?

More generally, the brilliant Mr Phage posted this elsewhere today:

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Snarl
If someone who had a underlying condition dies because coronavirus exacerbated it, so what? Perhaps coronavirus didn't kill them, but they died because of coronavirus.

On the other hand, this is why (especially now the virus is so widespread) granular details of each case are essential to differentiate between those dying "with" and "from" the virus.

More generally, regardless of the granular details, I know many here are fully supportive of the lockdown in terms of controlling hospital beds, but the trauma caused by what I mentioned above is bad enough. I also supported the lockdown a week ago but I did say, "For now..." And this week is a different "now" after the publication of monthly stats. With, for example, ten million Americans joining the dole, and one million small businesses in the UK about to collapse at any moment, if we think the hospitals are under pressure at the moment, can you even imagine the pressure they'll be under when the economy collapses beyond swift repair and we potentially face a financial crisis that will make the early 1930s seem like a seaside holiday resort?

STOP
THE
LOCKDOWNS
NOW.

There is one cliche (proving cliches have a grain of truth in them) that is inescapable: The Lockdown Cure Is Worse Than The Disease. A week ago, the UK was performing a national round of applause for the NHS. It was a profound, moving moment for many people, including me. There is another round of claps scheduled for tonight at 8pm, but such is the morphing of emotions and feelings on an almost daily basis, that it now almost feels like an awkward, uncomfortable (if still entirely justified) moment in the face of the economic apocalypse we are willingly inflicting upon ourselves - which will inevitably torture the NHS even further in its wake.

The virus itself is not the main concern now. The lockdown's fallout IS.

Sorry, that seemed a bit of rant, but it is my thread, so better out than in.

edit on 2-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In other news, out of all the people tested in the UK so far, nearly a QUARTER have contracted Covid-19. Considering the time that has elapsed since testing began, it would not surprise me if the Oxford estimate in the thread title has been considerably eclipsed by now.

Considering the sheer speed of the pandemic, are we potentially at 80%?

Again, good news, but we need to verify it CATEGORICALLY, and up the ante on secondary antibody tests to determine how many have already contracted it and recovered. Without that information, we are flailing helplessly.

But the testing process is an embarrassingly slow disgrace in the UK whilst the lockdown slowly kills us all economically.

Madness.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
In other news, out of all the people tested in the UK so far, nearly a QUARTER have contracted Covid-19. Considering the time that has elapsed since testing began, it would not surprise me if the Oxford estimate in the thread title has been considerably eclipsed by now.

Considering the sheer speed of the pandemic, are we potentially at 80%?

Again, good news, but we need to verify it CATEGORICALLY, and up the ante on secondary antibody tests to determine how many have already contracted it and recovered. Without that information, we are flailing helplessly.

But the testing process is an embarrassingly slow disgrace in the UK whilst the lockdown slowly kills us all economically.

Madness.

The testing in the UK I believe is mainly on people who are symptomatic or at high risk of exposure so very little can be deduced about overall infection rates from that.

I great as invalid be if the a high % of the UK population had previously had the virus and were now immune the evidence doesn't seem to support that theory.

We absolutely need widespread anti body testing however to know.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join