It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Considers Coronavirus Quarantine in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
www.wsj.com...

President Trump said he is considering an “enforceable quarantine” in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut and may make a decision as soon as later Saturday, as the nation’s largest city quickly becomes an epicenter for the coronavirus pandemic.

“We might not have to do it, but there’s a possibility that sometime today we’ll do a quarantine,” Mr. Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews outside Washington just before he boarded Air Force One for Norfolk, Va., where he plans to see off a Navy hospital ship that is heading to New York. He said the quarantine could last around two weeks.

The president didn’t specify what a quarantine would entail, but said it could include restrictions on travel from New York and New Jersey. New York City alone has more than 23,000 cases, nearly a quarter of all the cases in the country.

And so it begins. . . . again.

Hope y'all are feeling secure. Now we know why Trump activated all the reservists.

Grab your TP, your jerky, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Again, for the record, I am against this type of government over-reach. But when stupid people act stupidly, then people are basically begging for government to come in and do this.

One day it'll be too late to finally "wise up".

Then it'll probably pay to be stupid so you won't know what you've lost.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Chill out dude, seriously.

Here in TX, if you're coming from NY or LA(Louisiana) you undergo a maximum TWO(2) Week quarantine.

Seriously, people, go shake a coronovirus patients hand if this is nothing but a flu, take a couple tylenol and some Nyquil, you'll be fine, RIGHT?

At least you ain't complaining of them stripping our rights away for funsies *shrugs*
edit on 28-3-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Former New Yorker, here.
Thankful I got out...and never looked back.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Here in TX, if you're coming from NY or LA(Louisiana) you undergo a maximum TWO(2) Week quarantine.

Seriously, people, go shake a coronovirus patients hand if this is nothing but a flu, take a couple tylenol and some Nyquil, you'll be fine, RIGHT?

At least you ain't complaining of them stripping our rights away for funsies *shrugs*

*shrugs*

Forced government quarantines always tend to work out well, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There goes the whole economy !!!!! 🥶😈🥶

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Former New Yorker, here.
Thankful I got out...and never looked back.

Hope you got your hand stamped, they might not let you back in.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shrugs*

True,

But having no quarantines during a deadly pandemic NEVER work out well..

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

*shrugs*

I wouldn't know, nobody would, do I trust your word or a healthcare professionals word? *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

*shrugs*

It's supposed to be for "our own good" dontcha know? Supposed to protect people who can't possibly protect themselves, the sick, the old, etc. It's supposed to protect folks like you and me, because we need some sweet, sweet protectin',because we can't manage the choices ourselves without a blanket approach to everyone being forced on the masses.

If people on here never paid close attention to any personal health issues I've mentioned on here, good! You're not a creepy creep taking notes. So I'll put it out there again that I have extremely high, medication resistant uncontrollable blood pressure, and have a strong family history of cardiovascular issues on my paternal side.
Don't presume to "help" people who did not ask for it, live your god damn lives like you should. It's not noble, it's not worthy of praise, our options are to isolate ourselves from you, or play roulette. This doesn't require shuttering EVERYTHING to accomplish, I'd rather the gamble than ruin livelihoods and curb freedoms. When the government says "JUMP, ALL MY LADY DOGS." you never say "Sure, how high?" You're supposed to say, "Don't think so, hombre."
edit on 3/28/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Same here man. The people there really need to decide if they want the business as usual sickening amount of corruption to continue to ruin that state, Cuomo is a self absorbed and self serving governor..... corrupt and ineptitude are two more words that come to mind also.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Lol.

It's kind of like the old saying, as long as you live under my roof, you'll live under my rules.

Goberment thinks they're our parents now that they're shelling out trillions with everyone cheering them on. Are they wrong? IDK... I've always known I was a minority opinion, but now I feel foreign.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh good lord.

Doesnt he just love to overreact to everything. If he can dramatize it that is.

When he says some people.... you know he means himself.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Lol.

It's kind of like the old saying, as long as you live under my roof, you'll live under my rules.

Goberment thinks they're our parents now that they're shelling out trillions with everyone cheering them on. Are they wrong? IDK... I've always known I was a minority opinion, but now I feel foreign.
There's a deadly virulent strain rampaging across the globe, PM of UK just tested positive, NY getting hotter and you're seriously bitching about money?
edit on 28-3-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Trump....now do California and Washington state....then DC.

In all seriousness. While I think all listed states should be walled off, this is unconstitutional overreach.

edit on 28-3-2020 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Still many people in denial. They have told themselves that this is "nothing" and then double and triple down on the stupid.

Hint: What we see happening in Italy and Spain will soon happen here.

Prepare accordingly.
edit on 28-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Doubt those governors will go along with this and he as no way to enforce it at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm old, fat, a smoker, a drinker, meat eater, name it, I do it and do it poorly.

But I'm also typing on my work computer in a hospital right now because they are requiring that directors put in more time for our "peoples".

Just spinning my wheels for a while longer then going to slink out and rest before going back in tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm kind of confused on your stance on this. Now you are blaming people for not doing what the government asked them to do? Weren't you advocating people go about their daily lives as usual and were against any type of social distancing and business closures? Governor Cuomo is not even sure how this would be enforceable and doesn't seem to like the idea at all.
This whole thing is a Charlie Foxtrot from top to bottom. I agree government overreach is bad but I'm torn because from what I've seen telling people to stay home seems like the only real solution at the moment and I don't know what a better one would be. If businesses were open and gatherings allowed NYC would be a hellscape right now. Hospitals are strained and first responders are getting sick. I think there were about 300 cars(don't quote me on exact number but the line was long and going by testing capacity it is an estimate) of just first responders with sicknesses waiting to get tested. The government and medical infrastructure were caught with their pants down.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Lol.

There's a deadly virulent strain rampaging across the globe, PM of UK just tested positive, NY getting hotter and you're seriously bitching about money?

Yes, I'm bitching about money.

We're on track to spend more on this than all post 9/11 wars combined. The whole nation hasn't even shut down, most states are still rolling, maybe takeout instead of full restaurants.

Just because everyone gets scared doesn't mean I have to play along with overreaction without disagreeing.

If someone feels so inclined, they can stay at home. Them wanting to stay at home doesn't mean I have to be all chipper about BS spending.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Doubt those governors will go along with this and he as no way to enforce it at all.

That would be hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join