It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government contact tracing app : do you approve ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25061755]Zcustosmorum[/pos

Good answer .

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Funfact: Saying that you don't own a phone or refuse to be tracked is a useful data point in modeling and profiling.

also lets them know who you are, even ATS isn't anonymous. it's a known fact that the govt checks us out. it's always best just to keep quite about what one has or does. another thing you can always leave your phone at home or anyplace for that matter.

now if they start talking about chipping everybody, whoa nelly bar the door.

edit on 28-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don’t want to get tracked, but meanwhile, I don’t want infected people not getting tracked.
if the public gives governments new surveillance powers to contain Covid-19, then governments will keep these powers after the public health crisis ends.
The U.S. government still uses many of the surveillance technologies it developed in the immediate wake of 9/11

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

All arrivals in Wuhan have to show a green code on a mobile app which proves they are healthy

Yes a woman is shown using it in this film -along with other aspects of technocratic surveillance.

Quite an interesting watch.

Thread

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

That's a slick production but it's very fear based . We re lucky John and people like LSE alumni have had their heads down on this problem before time.
It's down to them that we know what to do . It's paranoid really of some ,not to recognise that.

Serious people can't compare 911 to a pandemic in any meaningful way either.

These freedom and privacy watchers , though pointing out perfectly valid points also highlight pertinent areas for checks and balances to be applied to new powers , giving us thorough constitutions AND progressive tools in the process.

You'd wonder , were the police , courts , taxes and prison to be a sudden new introduction to society , if they might worry themselves rather much .

In fairness , abuse is the point where things must stop and be changed . Lawmakers , it's literal compilers, take time and trouble to be sure that abuse is not possible . It's why they're ratified by parliamentary debate and votes too .

There have been cases of technology abuse creeping into the state , and one example is the app that Jeffery Epstein , the notorious pedophile ringmember , developed for police telephone systems. That kind of thing, that's where absolute clamps are due , that kind of debacle should be absolutely forbidden .

The circumstance here is a pandemic , one of a severe acute respiratory disease called SARS .
Th question is , is this health appropriate technology
And the answer at the moment, given the circumstances is clearly yes.

edit on 28-3-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: Respect to user

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I live in way out in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, Cache Creek, British Columbia.
100 kilometers from civilization...Sitting on my couch with a Chromebook.
Saying I don't have a cell phone, or do not want to own one does what?
As far as profiling...In regards to the virus or anything else???
I just don't know where you are coming from with that comment.
We don't even get cell phone reception at my house because the cell phone tower is on top of the mountain, and I live at the bottom. Also, I do not want the extra bill to have to pay, and every company in Canada has ripped me off by over billing me.
There's your psychological profile.

edit on 28-3-2020 by Centsay because: Bad grammer

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

No.....its not satire; its simply the truth and it is the most likely future.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

They are literally turning into a dystopic nightmare.

edit on 28-3-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If you answered yes to this question you deserve to live in China.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Absolutely in favor of this! What I have learned in this crisis is the staggering high percentage of the US population that is mouth breathing stupid. The intellectual deficit in general population is mind blowing. And it's obvious from reading today's news that State and local governments are only slowly becoming aware of this.

The much touted free and open societies in Western "Democracies" will never be the same and shouldn't be. The general population is so stupid they require rigorous supervision.

Requires citation.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

By the way I read 1984 , got bored , skimmed the end , and put it down.
It's just not reality , thats the trouble with fiction.

If only you would have taken the time to read those that aren't fiction.
There are several hundred with detailed documented proof.

Many of which are quite interesting for those who desire
entertainment in books.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

now if they start talking about chipping everybody, whoa nelly bar the door.

I don't think they would ever chip Americans...it could be used to ID voters at the polls. Politicians would not go for that.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What if you don't have a phone.

Now government will have to issue everyone a phone to make sure that they have the appropriate type with appropriate software.

And you can never turn it off.

For further consideration, please read, "1984".

You would have a chip in your license, or even your car likely tracks you with the onboard gps system.

I know you're old school db but a just because you don't have a phone it doesn't mean they cant track you.
edit on 29-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join