It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a big mistake

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This greatest and richest country in the world already has blundered into a catastrophe worst that it could have been.

S. Korea and China have so far beaten this virus with universal testing and mask-wearing.

Whereas the US short on masks (so experts tell the populace don’t buy them for fear they won’t have any for medical people) are way behind in preparedness, right actions, and medical supplies.

Then the greatest country in the world for some reason didn’t have enough tests.

As well, Trump getting rid of the national security office of pandemic readiness downplaying the risk.

It is pretty pitiful and disgraceful, but not surprising.

So the greatest and most wealthy country in the world now has the biggest coronavirus problem in the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

He said stop buying masks because medical personal and others in daily contact need them.

You can make a simple mask out of a bandanna to help protect others.

Here's a link to a video by a Doctor in New York working exclusively with SARS-Cov-2 patients:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has facts about how the disease is transmitted and simple mean's to protect yourself.

Conjecture by non-qualified people makes everything worse and I don't understand what this type of post is intended to do. Two very different issues are being discussed here. In the East there is a culture where people wear masks when sick - as a curtesy to others so everyone has them all the time. In the US and other Western cultures this is not the case (maybe it should be???) and therefore we don't even have enough for medical personal in a crisis and it only makes sense to be certain our doctors and nurses are protected (AND THEY ARE NOT).

end rant

edit on 28-3-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Conjecture by non-qualified people makes everything worse and I don't understand what this type of post is intended to do.

If you had read the OP and looked at the links, you would know this is not conjecture. Evidence from doctors and qualified researchers has been presented. If you don't agree with it after actually looking at it, that's one thing, but calling it conjecture tells me you didn't read anything presented.

I realize this does not agree with the consensus here at ATS. Sorry, but other qualified people are presenting evidence that masks DO help, and have been instrumental in slowing infection rates. What the OP is intended to do is inform those who are actually willing to look at the evidence, contrary to their bias.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LordAhriman

Problem is, people don't even know how to wear the ones they get. Nine out of ten people I've seen wearing a mask don't have it on right.

Just watch TV and watch the number of people wearing their mask over their mouth but not their nose.

You can not cure stupid. www.boredpanda.com...

I just found three bandannas at a hardware store.

I also have an M17 from my military days that i was saving for TEOTWAWKI.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I see it on people in cars, and at the customers we're running for. I've seen maybe three that were even close to right. I just shake my head and laugh.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Masks and gloves in cars. Windows up.
Let them be, they're really scared.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's why I just shake my head. I saw part one of a video from SFO the other day, that I can only pray was someone screwing around. They made this dude decontaminate (very poorly) all his stuff before he could even put it in the back of the car. And the guy in the passenger seat had what looked like a full body suit on.

The logical patt of my brain says they were just screwing with the guy. The cynical part of my brain wouldn't even come close to being shocked if they weren't.
edit on 3/29/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It amazes me that on a conspiracy site, half of the people on here just blindly believe what they are being told. The idea that a mask would not help people avoid being infected is asinine. Of course it will. This is a virus, transmitted partially through droplets in the air that we breathe in. A mask covers the tools we use to breathe in the air, our mouth and nose. The mask also filters out a large portion of the bad droplets. How does anyone in the world believe for 1 second the BS story we were fed that masks don't help. Come on people. Put your freaking brains on again will ya!

We were lied to in an attempt to save the masks for health workers. I have zero issue with health workers being the ones getting the masks because they should. I have a huge issue that we were lied to accomplish this and an even bigger issue with the people, especially the people on here that for years I have come to know as intelligent, just believing and pushing the lie on others.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The masks are a good way at stopping it spread. They might not stop you catching it but they help a lot to stop you spreading it.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The masks are a good way at stopping it spread. They might not stop you catching it but they help a lot to stop you spreading it.

Which is exactly what Dr. Gao and other doctors/researchers have said.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

They really confused people by putting it out there that they don't help - they DO, or we wouldn't care if healthcare providers had them. The issue is a shortage of masks.

N95 masks are not capable of stopping all virus particles, but they will stop some. Imagine having a sheet of plexiglass with several small holes drilled in it. If you threw a bucket of water at it, some water woukd get through, the majority woukd hit the plexiglass and bounce off.

The severity of most novel viruses can be directly tied to viral load. If a few particles get through, your immune system can begin identifying and developing antibodies against the new neighborhood villain. If you chug a 2-oz shot of coronavirus patient saliva, the virus is goig to get the upper hand far before your immune system even knows what's going on.

For those who say, "save them for healthcare workers", I say, "great, altruistuc advice." For those who say, "they don't work / don't help", I say: "idiot."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join