It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Snitching and Covid-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks largely to ATS's early coverage of COVID19 in Wuhan, I've been pretty prepared for this to hit my province.

It's here now, and spreading through communities.

One thing I feared, but wasn't prepared for was the weird vibe that so much government oversite would instill in communities.

Today someone called THE POLICE (😂) because a neighbours kids were walking down the sidewalk together.
According to 911 operators I know, it's been rampant. As soon as the government advertised their "non compliance" line, their phones starting ringing off the hook.

Out of hundreds of calls, 2 were legitimate instances of people defying the new "laws" regarding the measures to stop the rampant spread of Covid19.

My social media is filled with people "calling out" people who were ...walking on beaches...alone; walking outside enjoying nature... alone; shopping for groceries... alone, etc.

I've since just deleted these apps so I don't see it, but I imagine it's going to get worse everyday as peoples fear ramps up.

This is what worries me the most after the thought of losing loved ones who have complicating issues if they happen to catch the virus; losing loved ones because they turn into relentless Karens at the behest of the government over a virus that no one asked to catch.

People in other provinces who have Covid19 have recieved death threats.
Ugh. To end my rant, I'm very disappointed that more people in my own community haven't read a damn book, and let themselves get caught up in this snitchfest.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Police here in Michigan were telling people NOT to call any police number to report people walking together. None. Zero. They won't respond.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Some common sense!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Goon squads riding around in pickup trucks with shot guns shooting violators on site would cut down on offenders./Sarc

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes, and how sad is it, that people are "narcing" on others?

But some of our police are happy to fine you 500.00 for driving around, so they are still making their money.

Jerks.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

What province are you in?

I'm in Ontario.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nova Scotia. What’s the climate like there?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
Goon squads riding around in pickup trucks with shot guns shooting violators on site would cut down on offenders./Sarc

Goon squads riding around in pickup trucks with shot guns shooting violators should expect to be treated as murderers. They must be removed from society as they present an extreme danger. I hope they survive the virus but never see the world outside their prisons ever again.

edit on 27/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nova Scotia. What’s the climate like there?

Oak island!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
People like to snitch

The old woman across the street called the Police to report her next door neighbor had pot plant in their back yard. The Police proceeded to chew her out. They said " Unless there is over 100 plants, we don't want to hear about it. Mind your own business lady.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Police here in Michigan were telling people NOT to call any police number to report people walking together. None. Zero. They won't respond.

Haven't looked into any of the surrounding 'burbs' policies yet, let alone my own 'burb, but yeah, Grand Rapids proper publicly said to quit calling on people and to NOT call them (police) to report anything unless it was a grievous violation like a big-ass party or non-essential store being open. They aren't dicking around and appear to be very annoyed with snitches -- if it's minor, mind your beeswax.

Snitches don't necessarily get stitches in these parts. They get snubbed by the po-po. LMFAO XD

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I'm in northern Ontario.
It was 2c today.
Snow finally starting to melt.

How about there?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I'm in northern Ontario.