It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inevitable casting speculations for 'Coronavirus - The Movie'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
NOT a joke thread, I hasten to say.

Expect some of these movies to arrive at cinemas in late 2021 after a vaccine has been circulated, the numbers of infected and dead have been correlated, and we know the true extent of this pandemic. It is indeed inevitable, but WHO will star in prominent real-life roles?

My speculations...

President Trump

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Brolin returned to play another president after his unexpectedly nuanced and thoughtful role as Bush Jr in Oliver Stone's 'W' (2008). And I wouldn't rule out Stone himself directing a Coronavirus flick since both 'W' and 'World Trade Center' (2006) demonstrated that his old 'bad boy' antics can be tamed whilst dealing with sensitive material. I even think his 1995 'Nixon' opus would have been a different, subtler version had he made it twenty years later.

Alec Baldwin may have made a SNL name for himself as Trump, but I doubt he'd be cast in a straight movie, precisely because of that connection - unless a Comedy Coronavirus movie were to be green-lit, which seems unlikely within a ten-year window from now for reasons of pure taste.

Boris Johnson

With such larger-than-life characters as Donald and Boris treading the world stage, jokey suggestions are tempting, but I'm trying be reasonably straight in this thread, and the first actor who came to mind was Rhys Ifans, most probably still recognised in the US for his role in 'Notting Hill' (1999).

Vladimir Putin

Not a high-profile player in the Coronavirus story at present, but Vlad's inclusion in a Hollywood movie may be inevitable for scenes in which he frowns and perhaps mocks the USA's approach whilst continuing to shake hands with his Kremlin colleagues.

Daniel Craig may be 52 now and bowing out as 007, but a future career as an occasional Putin is not out of the question.

I've started the ball rolling, but I think that's enough from me.

What say YOU?

edit on 27-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Aren't there enough pandemic movies out right now? Some made within the last couple of years?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
Nobody does "bumbling persona" better than Hugh Laurie. Surely the one for Boris Johnson?

edit on 27-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

join