It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID panick is backfiring spectacularly, and its awesome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
For a couple of weeks now, polls have showed strong public approval (~60%) of the way Trump is handing the Corona virus pandemic, and a solid overall approval rating around 50%. Now it has become undeniable:

Trump Approval Tops Disapproval for First Time in ABC News-Washington Post Poll

Even the ABC News-Washington Post poll is giving Trump 48% approval vs. 46% disapproval. They hate Trump, and would probably give Adolf Hitler a higher approval rating. If even they can't manage to spin this as a negative, that speaks volumes.

The MSM is realizing that the Corona virus scare is not working to bring Trump down. The public is not blaming him for what is happening.

I'm going to call it right now: within 2 weeks, the Corona virus hysteria will have ended, and the media will rarely if ever use the words "Corona virus" or "COVID" again.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I don't think this is going to wrap up in 2 weeks, a few months I would buy, but not 2 weeks. We're just getting started on this train of infection and detection.

(post by Melen removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I too think it will be some time before this has passed enough so as to not be a significant threat. Either a vaccine or it dwindles and lessens

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You trust polls?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Try months and no, fighting a pandemic is not a beauty pageant or popularity contest. Communicable disease doesn't give AF what you think about politics or the media.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I suppoert the Tman. But methinks he be wrong on this.

He IS trying to keep things calm in his Tman way...but its the morons who think this is a hoax who are gonna spread it all around and make it worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Doesnt change the fact that media first tried to demonize trump for fearmongering when first talking about the virus.

Now Trump doesnt do enough and is an idoit for wanting to try and save the economy.

That bastard!

And you really dont need to point out how deplorable,backward hicks most trump suppporters are, the media does it for you.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I'm going to call it right now: within 2 weeks, the Corona virus hysteria will have ended, and the media will rarely if ever use the words "Corona virus" or "COVID" again.

AndyFromMichigan, I can guarantee you that COVID-19 is not a spin from "the lefties" or something that will be gone in two weeks.

If you truly believe that, I have a nice bridge you might wanna buy.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh really? So for what, 5yrs you all have been parroting how polls are SO inaccurate but NOW they're good. Is that how it works? People are in panic-mode. They are (so far) believing the BS Trump is spewing. But soon they're going to come to realize how badly he f'd up this whole COVID response. It's documented. It's in the public record. Let's revist this poll in a month and see how Dr. Donald is doing then, shall we??

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Doesnt change the fact that media first tried to demonize trump for fearmongering when first talking about the virus.

What the hell reality are you looking at? Trump started out literally calling it a "democrat hoax". Do you people watch the news at all?

What we're blaming him for doing is the OPPOSITE of what you're saying. He made it a big joke and lost a MONTH that could've been spent preparing.

GTFO with your BS.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I live in New York too. And if your looking to lay blame and call someone an idiot, look to our governor. He who dragged his heels before doing anything about the virus.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Fear mongering? Are you serious? Trump was calling this a cold. Said it would miraculously go away. Called it a Dem hoax. He had 32 mos to get his act together and stuck his thumb up his arse instead. Need proof?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I live in New York too. And if your looking to lay blame and call someone an idiot, look to our governor. He who dragged his heels before doing anything about the virus.

Cuomo has been on this thing since mid-February, while the federal government is still dragging their heels and it's almost April.

So once again I have to ask, WTF are you talking about?

He's doing more for NY than literally anyone else. NONE of our current resources came from the Federal government. He was given $40 million in the beginning of March by the NY legislature to combat COVID-19. The Federal government STILL hasn't passed the bill.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yet it was your Communist Mayor who urged people to go out and enjoy themselves. Your health inspector who made sure to tell people it would be racist to not go out and enjoy the parade.

We get it, orange man bad.....hue hue

edit on 27-3-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How did this go from polls to how long the virus will last.

The gist I got from the OP is polls form groups that typically hate Trump are showing improvement, and the other aspect I got from the OP is some of the wildly sensationalist headlines will start to disappear in the coming weeks.

I even expect some of the idiot reporters to stop the whole saying Chinese virus is racist since most americans are going WTF over with everything going on your asking the president if he thinks that is racist GTFO.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

As predicted, people are seeing the esteemed MSM medical experts proven wrong again. The "Italy wave of death" was predicted to arrive "before the end of March". A couple of those idiots are now delaying it until early April, lol.

As the Director of the World Health Organization said yesterday, President Trump has been an impressive and effective leader, from the first days of Covid-19.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Oooo, he closed schools and hair dressers, everything else is still open. Still letting people gather in groups in NYC. He could've locked everything down right from the beginning instead ole governor fumble fingers lets the numbers climb past the 39000 mark, you think that's from his competent leadership?
edit on 27-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yet it was your Communist Mayor who urged people to go out and enjoy themselves. Your health inspector who made sure to tell people it would be racist to not go out and enjoy the parade.

We get it, orange man bad.....hue hue

He's a "Communist Mayor" that's intentionally not using martial law, and is trying to keep the rules as lax as possible so people like you don't lose your #.

Was the "go outside" thing a mistake? Probably.

I figure he expected everyone to act like adults and follow the REST of what he said (ie, staying 6' away or more). Human nature is very predictable, and he should've known that people would crowd to the popular spots (ie, Adirondack Loj). There's also people, like the OP, who clearly think this is some sort of political joke or hoax and not only practice no social distancing, but do # like intentionally cough on food at stores. He should've known this is the way people are.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

There's an entire thread on how Governor Cuomo and Mayor De Blasio's ineptitude and arrogance, exposed many thousands of New Yorkers to Covid-19....weeks after the Trump Administration had issued a Nationwide Health Warning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There will be lawsuits for gross negligence after this is over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join