It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Sufferers Need Ventilators for 11-21 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The slow recovery rate is what's draining Hospitals.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said coronavirus patients with severe symptoms could need a ventilator for anywhere from 11 to 21 days as the state faces a significant shortage of the devices.

Cuomo said on Thursday that although the average non-COVID-19 patient only needs a ventilator for three to four days, coronavirus patients need one for 11 to 21 days. Professor Sarath Ranganathan, director of respiratory and sleep medicine at Melbourne's The Royal Children's Hospital and a board member of Lung Foundation Australia, told The Guardian that COVID-19 patients may need to stay on a ventilator "for weeks."

www.newsmax.com...

This also tells you that more people are sick and need care. If it was just a few thousand serious cases, Hospitals wouldn't be overran. Here's another article that suggests this:

Doctors And Nurses Say More People Are Dying Of COVID-19 In The US Than We Know

www.buzzfeednews.com...

Today there's:

United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

www.worldometers.info...

Active cases 82,588

That's a .022% recovery rate in the United States!

We need to know how many active cases need continuous care. It has to be high because Hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed by a few thousand people.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I have no words...Just a quote and link.

After Considering $1 Billion Price Tag for Ventilators, White House Has Second Thoughts www.nytimes.com...

But in an interview Thursday night with Sean Hannity, the president played down the need for ventilators.

“I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” he said, a reference to New York, where Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appealed for federal help in obtaining them. “You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like time and time again money is wasted or missing? Or the “leaders” figure they don’t “need” it until they do

I blame the corruption of government and the irresponsibility of the media.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

NY Governor Cuomo says the number of daily hospitalizations are decreasing. That's good news.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He did NOT say that, they are doubling, but they aren't doubling daily anymore, they're doubling about once every 3 or 4 days. But, they are still doubling! The case count is still going up!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

That has nothing to do with the fact that President "Art of Deal" can't or won't strike a deal with General Motors to make life saving ventilators, even with a $2 trillion dollar emergency crisis fund.

edit on 27-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Wall Street has taught us to be this stupid. Planning ahead is now thoughtcrime if it violates tomorrow's profits.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone seen a survival rate for those who are ill enough to require a ventilator. Seems like I've seen that those needing ventilators have a survival rate less than 60%. If true that seems like ventilators, though they do save lives are not the magic bullet for treating serious infections.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Many with Covid-19 don't need a full 11 to 21 days.

For many a reprogramed Cpap would work for part of that time.

The problem is the lack of alarms on Cpaps.

For me every time I go into the hospital and get put on a medical monitor I get no sleep because of the damm alarms.

My heart rate runs around 50 bpm the ^$%&$ alarms are set at 50 bpm and evey time I get to sleep the &%^$( alarm goes off and wakes me back up.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
April 18, 2020

Now that they have more than enough ventilators, the same people have started complaining about not having enough Cotton Swabs...and demanding that the Federal Government do something about it, or people will die!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
and mask lest not forget mask and yes more people will die without the very very basic of things like cotton swabs and MASK .
Juts because its small and inexpensive does not mean it is unimportant .
EVERY last health care worker in any field shoudl ahev all teh gaz mask and cotton they could ever wish for .
amazing people complane about a drop in the bucket when we have already spent 2 Trillion dollars .

Many countrys are retesting AFTER the person may be well to know they ARE well so they can go home Oveslt this means twice the number of test another 100 million added to a already high bill But its Pointless to worry over a 100 million 5 % of 2 trillion .

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Plenty of case reports and preliminary talks about how ventilators, as they are normally deployed, are not a great measure for treatment.

Everything from length of time needed to success rates indicate this as well. Many are quick to ascribe lung damage to the disease itself, but it might also be from incorrect application of the equipment, for this specific illness.

In other words, seems that its about o2 absorption, rather than pressure, and using it "traditionally" may cause everything from lung damage to death. Not a doctor, but it would probably be a good thing to at least consider before doubling down on that course of treatment.

Also, a common thread between many promising treatments seems to be inhibiting RdRPs (RNA dependent RNA polymerases). Thatd probably be a good thing to look at, as well, given the case reports and years of research.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not regular cotton swabs.
The want the nasal swabs for testing.

Now that you know that, is it a problem for you?

new topics

top topics

join