It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, whaddayaknow? WuFlu is now Pro-Life!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I swear, the amount of humor that can come out of even the most serious political shenanigans is epic and seems to increase every day. The latest? Hohoho... get ready for this one!

Family Planning Providers Sue Texas Over Order Banning Abortions During the Coronavirus Outbreak

That's right, boys and girls... on one hand, we are being told that this disease is the end of life as we know it. Entire industries are closed, basic freedoms are being handed in like they're worn out dollar bills in exchange for the security of self-isolation, people are literally dying, hospitals are begging for mercy, and other countries are being shown on the nightly news in even worse shape. But don't you go messing with my abortion, dammit!

Technically, it's not really a ban on abortion even. It's a ban on elective medical procedures. I'm sure some of you have heard there is a serious supply shortage on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)? I mean, it's kind of been covered on the news... Mario Cuomo is going to have a heart attack any moment now because he can't buy PPE for his hospitals before they run out next year.

So it does make sense that, if the hospitals and doctors are overloaded and we are running out of PPE, that we suspend all elective procedures until this thing passes, right? I mean, why waste PPE getting a liposuction or facelift when it's in such short supply? That is actually the most sensible effort I have seen. Well, guess what, pro-choicers?

ABORTION IS AN ELECTIVE MEDICAL PROCEDURE!

Wow... talk about irony! There are comedians, good comedians, professional comedians, sitting there right now wishing they had thought of this!

The way I see it: if I can't have toilet paper, you can't have an abortion. If I can't go to work, you can't have an abortion. If I can't sit down and eat a hot meal in a restaurant, you can't have an abortion. When I can go to work every day, then have a nice sit-down meal afterward, and buy toilet paper normally on the way home, then we'll talk about abortion... not before.

Now, I'll conclude this with one little fact which will be ignored by some responders (personal prediction): that fact is that when necessary for the life and health of the mother, an abortion can become necessary and this ban on elective procedures does not affect that. So spare me the what if stories about the poor woman dying in a back alley from a tubular 8.999-month pregnancy because the mean old state won't let her have an abortion to save her life... that ain't the case. This only affects abortion on demand.

Five bucks says someone will complain about medically necessary abortions being illegal now before the end of page two. Any takers?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can see some idiots trying to catch the virus to prove some point.

This should be a fun thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Social distancing saving lives

Flatten the Wuh Flu curve and increase the population curve injkne act

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
JFC.

It's really too bad this wasn't a 100% killer super virus.

Virus VS virus.

Earth wins.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

This should be a fun thread.

It should be, at that!

It's really a simple decision: do you support continuing to kill babies at will and at the same time kill off those who live in the land of Cryin' Chuckie Schumer and the literal face of the Democrat Party, AOC? Or do you help New York and let babies live?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I had to S&F just for the irony of the topic.

And to be honest, I got a good giggle out of it.

Idiocracy is indeed a documentary.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your equating toilet paper, hot meals and working to abortions...wow.

Just wow.

Some false equivication going on there.

Hope you feel better after your prolife corona rant.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It’s Texas, a state of irony.
This is expected there.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Just wow.

Its like "hey, I cannot wipe my ..behind.. and that is about the same as you are having to care for a children for 18 years, and that is fine with me".

No. It is not the same.

If "pro Choice" means the right for abortion, I'm okay with that. I have to ask, as some terms seem to change meaning very fast these days..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Why would they need to ban abortions because of the virus anyway? Not that I care, but it might be politically motivated to begin with. The doctors that specialize in that department aren't assisting COVID patients and their operating space and equipment isn't being used for them. People are still going to appointments for all sorts of things.

I'm sure several other specialized offices and their operating space is close to business as usual in most of Texas. There's probably entire towns and cities that have less than 10 cases to none at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Why would they need to ban abortions because of the virus anyway?

Because abortions can go wrong, requiring emergency medical care in a hospital, as opposed to the abortion clinic.

Not that I care, but it might be politically motivated to begin with.

This is being done across the nation and in other nations as well. While the politically inclined might be very happy about it, I doubt it's politically motivated. It's simply another outpatient procedure that could result in hospitalization that they want to avoid.

The doctors that specialize in that department aren't assisting COVID patients and their operating space and equipment isn't being used for them. People are still going to appointments for all sorts of things.

The vast majority of abortions are performed in outpatient clinics, or private doctors' offices, not in hospital settings.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Just wow.

Its like "hey, I cannot wipe my ..behind.. and that is about the same as you are having to care for a children for 18 years, and that is fine with me".

No. It is not the same.

If "pro Choice" means the right for abortion, I'm okay with that. I have to ask, as some terms seem to change meaning very fast these days..

The "right for abortion" huh? Never heard of that one.

ETA: At first I honestly thought you were going to equate wiping your behind with wiping a child out of your body.
edit on 27-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

So youve never heard of a woman's right to choose? Womens reproductive rights? Body autonomy?

What cave do you live in? Thats pretty ignorant of you. I thought we were all here to deny ignorance, not proclaim it.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

So youve never heard of a woman's right to choose? Womens reproductive rights? Body autonomy?

What cave do you live in? Thats pretty ignorant of you. I thought we were all here to deny ignorance, not proclaim it.

There isn't a cave around within a 150 mile radius from me... I was actually thinking about that yesterday... But I digress.

Is personal responsibility gone? Ethics? Morals? What right does a man have to "choose"? Your body, your choice my ass. You chose to have unprotected sex. You made your choice already. No takesies backsies.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here...

edit on 27-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So you cant think of a possibility where a woman would NOT choose to be impregnated?

Its consentual rape then? Underage sex where a girl made an informed consentual decision to be pregnant? My neighbours dad who forced himself on her when she w a s 12...that was her choice, was it?

Mind your own goddamn uterus.

Im sure its all part of Gods good plan. So sure of it. Must be. Whatever option could there be?
edit on 27-3-2020 by sunkuong because: Inspired by God to edit myself.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Getting knocked up during a pandemic is an epic failure of social distancing.

I guess animals will be animals.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

So you cant think of a possibility where a woman would NOT choose to be impregnated?

Its consentual rape then? Underage sex where a girl made an informed consentual decision to be pregnant? My neighbours dad who forced himself on her when she w a s 12...that was her choice, was it?

Mind your own goddamn uterus.

Im sure its all part of Gods good plan. So sure of it. Must be. Whatever option could there be?

DING DING DING! Redneck, you were right with a page to spare.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I chose to have a child with my wife. I choose to nurture and support them.

I make no decisions for anyone else.

Why do you think someone else should not have that choice?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Whate part of texas considers abortion due to rape excempt from the law? I read the op. Youre not quite there skippy. Keep reading...well get there.

''Five bucks says someone will complain about medically necessary abortions being illegal now before the end of page two. Any takers?''

Who gets the five bucks?
edit on 27-3-2020 by sunkuong because: Please enlighten me oh ass.inine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join