It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the weakest humans to ever exist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: MRinder

Proverbs 27:12 New Living Translation

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

I like how the scale of the y axis changes to distort the curve.

Seriously, ya'll are as bad as climate scientists.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's called a logarithmic scale. Often used when a wide range is represented on a chart.

If a linear scale were used, the slope would appear steeper. Think about it.

If the data grows or decreases exponentially, then you will need to use what is called a logarithmic scale.

www.wikihow.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: face23785

It's called a logarithmic scale. Often used when a wide range is represented on a chart.

If a linear scale were used, the slope would appear steeper. Think about it.

If the data grows or decreases exponentially, then you will need to use what is called a logarithmic scale.

www.wikihow.com...

I've seen it before. Look at the examples on your link then look closer at the graph in my post. The size of the gaps aren't consistent. On a log scale, the gaps in the scale get progressively narrower until you reach the next base. Now look on that graph how much space is between 1000 and 2000, then look how much is between 2000 and 5000, it widens out, then between 5000 and 10000 it narrows back up.

It's distorting the curve, and widening out like that makes it look steeper than it should.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You should get a nice fern from the crowns this summer though.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

My role this month is to start a nice asparagus patch... 30 crowns going into the ground tomorrow.

When the SHTF plant seeds

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

WWI, WW2 must want to vomit at the sight of us.

Would that include the 50000000 or so that died from the Spanish Flu whilst WW1 was occurring. This event killed more people than the great war itself. I think under such circumstance we should proceed with caution..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

WWI, WW2 must want to vomit at the sight of us.

Would that include the 50000000 or so that died from the Spanish Flu whilst WW1 was occurring. This event killed more people than the great war itself. I think under such circumstance we should proceed with caution..

I wouldn't take him seriously. He's just trying to sound cool. A little bit of teen angst on the internet during a crisis, not exactly new.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Yeah I got some new herb plants from an open air nursery near me.
Going into the ground tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Seriously, we are pathetic. We cower in our homes in fear of a microscopic virus instilled in us by a combination of our media and the government. Our ancestors who won the Revolutionary War, WWI, WW2 must want to vomit at the sight of us.

*shrugs*

Sounds about right.

Just take it seriously, be calm, rational, and sane.

And maybe burn a witch. Because witches caused this.
edit on 27-3-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

As usual, statistics can be presented in such a way to make a point. if I made this chart, I would have either broken down the USA by state or would have lumped the tiny countries of Europe together. That would send a completely different message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join