It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Atlas, burning far brighter than expected!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes I have seen a comet just looked like a red star with a tail. Not as good as when a meteor passed over me and groups of friends heads when I was about 18, that was truly amazing and was in the papers the next day, we all thought it was aliens at the time lol, one thing does bother me about that but, there was no sonic boom like the Russian one.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The asteroid, close approach to Earth (At about 5,983,915 km, farther away than the Moon) on April 29. Not visible unless you have a good telescope.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

The comet, close approach to Earth (at 198,772,357 km, farther away than the Venus, farther away even than the Sun) on April 28 may or may not be visible to the naked eye.
theskylive.com...

Scary.

edit on 3/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Now when was the last time that happened..... Ever?
I'm betting two things like that happening at the same time or so close together has never been witnessed..... Now that is amazing.
I would go on and say imagine if they collided but the odds on that must be astronomical.
But with an erratic comet, we'll you never know Phage, you should get in your bunker just incase 👌

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

But with an erratic comet,

You think its orbit is "erratic?"

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I was just kidding there about them colliding to see if I could get your head to explode..... But those two things happening at the same time will be a 1st.
I'm sure of that, prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

prove me wrong.

Prove unicorns don't exist.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

So unicorns do exist! I knew it!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I actually thought you might be able to prove me wrong there, but what you are saying is im right, in your own way.... So thanks

An asteroid and a comet making a "close" approach to the earth at the same time. And it's a first as far as records go, now if they are red and blue/green

Then we be fcked

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm not going to go searching the orbits of every asteroid and every comet for you in order to find coincident "close approaches" (farther than the Sun) within one day of each other.

The asteroid will not be visible to the naked eye but with a good telescope it will appear as a small white dot.

So don't panic.

edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I too saw a red meteor 2 days ago.

Red fireball, trailing smoke and all. Looked pretty cool. Lasted about 2-3 seconds

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

All good buddy I'm not one for panicking anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

It's a sight to behold still fresh in my memory even though it was 22 years ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

There was a meteor that passed over China in late October, someone had post it in one of the coronavirus update threads. From the link that member posted, the actual outbreak was link with the meteorite and quoted some british epidemiologist (if I remember correctly) that studied past comets and pandemies in order to relate both (some panspermia's ideas).

While I don't really buy it, I thought it as entertaining and worth more reflexion on it. We'll see in time I guess, but I think these passing neighboors in April aren't the droids we're looking for...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Except, since its discovery, the comet has been brightening at an almost unprecedented speed. As of March 17, ATLAS was already magnitude +8.5, over 600 times brighter than forecast.

the identity of the comet is evident.... just take the Clues given you to connect-the-dots

in Prophecy there is a 'Star' that brings devestation upon Earth...what makes this 'Star' notable is that It Shines like a Lamp as its' debris-trail pollutes all the Earth's streams/lakes/rivers/ fountains of fresh water...

Ergo the Prophecy calls this falling 'Star' ….because it poisons all fresh water resources & makes men sick... It is called Wormwood

see: Prophecy, in bible:

…¶
And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Rev 8:11
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

note that this predicted Star in Heavens, that shines like a lamp.... does not strike Earth, so neither will the 'Atlas' comet...all it will do is form a debris trail that will make 'bitter' 1/3 of all surface exposed, fresh water sources

another Pandemic on the heels of the coronavirus Pestilence we have going on Now
edit on st31158568170931082020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah I never seen one like that before. I've seen shooting stars typically white or green/ blue. They seem far with a streak, but never seen one like a fireball with smoke. That seemed like it entered the atmosphere and burned out.

Pretty cool. ^_^

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Super glad to see you back on the board..!
SnF

It is for sure interesting times we live, incredibly biblical and prophetic.

Whats interesting is how the comets passing will affect us - it'll do something to us, maybe even our Sun too... We shall see!

Never in the history of humanity has there been more theories and points of attention than Now.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I wondered if we would pass through its tail and if that could cause any effects.... These times we live in are biblical it sure would seem.
I guess we will find out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Thanks I had a wee bit of time out, yeah we could be on the verge of great change with many casualties, the only thing I'm Sure of is, whatever happens stay strong because there is nothing else for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I wondered if we would pass through its tail and if that could cause any effects....

We won't. The comet does not cross Earth's orbit. It passes far "above" and far "below" it, crossing the ecliptic inside the orbit of Mercury.
edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join