It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Every Mason Good?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot of threads in this forum and alot of you guys seem to speak very highly of Masons. I was just wondering if any Masons were involved in any type of scandals. I'm sure we had Presidents, world and corporate leaders who where and still are Masons. Are Masons the Good guys of the secret society world?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maathotep
I have been reading a lot of threads in this forum and alot of you guys seem to speak very highly of Masons. I was just wondering if any Masons were involved in any type of scandals. I'm sure we had Presidents, world and corporate leaders who where and still are Masons. Are Masons the Good guys of the secret society world?

In general, good character is a common trait of masons because that is one of the requirements to get in. Every group has somoe bad apples in the bunch, but the organization itself isn't one that would appeal to people of bad character.

There have been masons involved in scandals in the past, but they were kicked out of the fraternity. In my lodge, we had one guy who was found guilty of mail fraud, and was promptly kicked out.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
OK , I am going to spill the 'beans' now.

Freemasons ................ are no different from anyone else. They are normal Human 'beans'.

They make mistakes , argue do things wrong just the same as every one else.

They are your Fathers, Uncles, Brothers, Cousins and Friends.

They are certainly not a superior species. Mind you I have met a few in Lodge who think they are.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I know of a mason that was suspended from the order because of embezzlement and his bail was higher then the amount of the crime. Also my Eastern Star Chapter just suspended someone for criminal acts.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I know of a mason that was suspended from the order because of embezzlement and his bail was higher then the amount of the crime. Also my Eastern Star Chapter just suspended someone for criminal acts.

Sebatwerk I am in Oceanside CA

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Sebatwerk I am in Oceanside CA

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I would agree , human "beans", organised beans though, this leads both to your average masons community building/neighbouhoodr improving efforts, their lodge often providing a good platform to use their skilled professions, or in a few cases to self-serving lobby like you had the P-2.

Besides if this NWO banter s all true after all, what would be so bad about the concept of NWO, its about time we stopped fighting all those trivial wars

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I would agree , human "beans", organised beans though, this leads both to your average masons community building/neighbouhoodr improving efforts, their lodge often providing a good platform to use their skilled professions, or in a few cases to self-serving lobby like you had the P-2.

Besides if this NWO banter s all true after all, what would be so bad about the concept of NWO, its about time we stopped fighting all those trivial wars

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

P-2 was never a Regular Masonic group.

I have to laugh when I hear this New World Oder stuff.

Most of the Masons I know could not organise their own Lunch Box. If there is some kind of group going round organizing events, you would think they could do abetter job of organising Freemasonry. I jus don't see any system by which it would or could happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
All masons are good, i met numerous masons.
their was a huge fight in a hotel in Canterbury, apparently the masons had one too many to drink that night

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
their was a huge fight in a hotel in Canterbury, apparently the masons had one too many to drink that night

That's bull.
We can all write "apparently" and then add any fabrication after it.

I'd like to see one single jot of evidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
That's bull.
We can all write "apparently" and then add any fabrication after it.

I'd like to see one single jot of evidence.

ill find the article for you, it was in my local paper. You really think i would post a lie seeings i am an FSME?? and i've defended masons all the time on this board, so i doubt i would lie.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
ill find the article for you, it was in my local paper. You really think i would post a lie seeings i am an FSME?? and i've defended masons all the time on this board, so i doubt i would lie.

It's just that masons aren't really the fighting type. Nowadays your average Freemason is 70 years old! If you had said ONE mason got into a fight, that's plausible... but I have trouble believing that a group of masons went out drinking, got tanked and started a bar brawl. Your average mason just doesn't do stuff like that.

I don't think you're lying, but maybe your details are a little fuzzy? If you could find an article, that'd be cool. In any case, if this really did happen, I'd be somewhat surprised.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually from my experiences that pretty much exactly what they do - as soon a one of them picks a fight in a bar then every other Mason in the place will rush in and assist them on mass.
If they're unlucky and the other guy happens to have few of his mates with him then you can get some seriously big punch-ups.
But normally, as Sebatwerk says, that's NOT the case and you just end up with a dozen blokes giving someone a kicking then the cops (and often the publican if he's a Mason) turning a blind eye.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Actually from my experiences that pretty much exactly what they do - as soon a one of them picks a fight in a bar then every other Mason in the place will rush in and assist them on mass.
If they're unlucky and the other guy happens to have few of his mates with him then you can get some seriously big punch-ups.
But normally, as Sebatwerk says, that's NOT the case and you just end up with a dozen blokes giving someone a kicking then the cops (and often the publican if he's a Mason) turning a blind eye.

From your experiences? And exactly WHAT experiences do you have with masons and fights?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is every bad Mason's actions overlooked, as being due to good intentions?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What we need to realise about the Masonic organisations are that most of the people associated are good people. The most only reach to the 4th degree and live decent lives and contribute well to their communities. They aren't aware of the sinister dealings of the selected few who are higher up the sacred pyramid.

However there are always some bad ones as there is in all warps of life.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog
What we need to realise about the Masonic organisations are that most of the people associated are good people. The most only reach to the 4th degree and live decent lives and contribute well to their communities. They aren't aware of the sinister dealings of the selected few who are higher up the sacred pyramid.

What YOU need to realkize about masons is that there is NO SUCH THING as HIGH-UP masons!?!? This is SUCH a tired argument, I'm sick of it. All masons, after reaching the third degree, are equal. Any other degree is only from an appendant body, and therefore is an "additional" degree. A mason can be a 3rd degree Master Mason AND a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason, the Scottish Rite being an Appendant Body. THAT is how it works.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Isn't the Scottish Rite of Freemasonary the Oldest? So how would that make them the Appendant body?

I'm asking out of curiousity and not as scarcastic remark to your post

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog

However there are always some bad ones as there is in all warps of life.

In the United States, roughly half of all Masons are at least 32° members of the Scottish Rite. The only sinister dealings done in the sacred pyramid is when the kitchen crew in the Temple conspire to nominate me to the dishwashing team.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry for any offence I may have caused. I have nothing against the masons. I know some people who are involved but not sure at what level. I don't ask.

It was just some info I came across in reading about the York and Scottish Rites. Maybe it was misleading.

I'm sorry to you Masonic Light that you seem to get spammed for the dishwashing team.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join