It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the health clinic today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I disagree with everyone on here. They are treating Covid patients there too, and now you are toast. Have you written a living trust yet? Do it today

I was told all respiratory cases and people with flu like symptoms were going to two of their other clinics.
Mine was for regular medical issues

Oh good!

By the way.... how long till people show symptoms for Covid?

Just messin with you!
You will probably be ok, and Im gonna be praying to you tonight.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will take them to install all the 5G dishes in elementary schools this week?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All doctors offices in my town have officially shut down as of now. 8 confirmed cases in the county. No more patients in person, only phone calls to screen to see if you're eligible for a COVID-19 test. You can still get a refill and stuff for things they've already seen you for, but no new patients. If doctors are this scared, so am I.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've spent too much time in military hospitals where people were actually blown to hell and back to get all "skeery" just yet.

If it surpasses the hells I've seen then I'll apologize.

Until then, we'll treat this seriously, calmly, rationally.

Correct tack.

I had daily rounds on the expectant ward. For the uninitiated, that's where Soldiers go when there's no way to save them. Hearing a family wailing from down the hall when their loved one lets go ... the thought of it still makes me shiver. Later, I got to see the burn ward at Brooke Army Medical Center (and I swear I'm crying like a little baby typing this reply).

I wouldn't wish this virus on anyone (especially if you're isolated), because dying is dying. And dying pretty much sucks. Panicking early isn't going to make this go away. Gotta push that fear down and deal with the reality that it is here amongst us ... but, 99+% are gonna be just fine.

edit on 2632020 by Snarl because: Too much blubbering

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Type one, or Influenza A this year is H1N1 strain. The flu shot was supposed to vaccinate against it but my doctor, who studied microbiology told me a month ago that it hasn't been effective and doctors are calling it "viral pneumonia" rather than admitting it's SARS. Not denying Covid19 SARS isn't he'll for front line health workers. But I have a feeling without this pandemic panic the health care system would have had quite the influx regardless.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Spent some time out of Silver Springs doing work on TBI units.

It's never nice.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Moelson

That sounds familiar,,, type one.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LordAhriman

I disagree.

In our community it was treated in a similar manner until we got our first case, then it struck home to many.

Some are obviously over-reacting.

I know of several people who have quit just because the hype scared them.

Treat it seriously, calmly, rationally, and you'll be fine.

It seems to be one extreme or the other though, and my friends in the medical field treating this are the ones at one extreme, while carewemust is at the other. I'm going to trust the people who are working in the reality of it.

This stuff is BAD, and I have two friends who have tested positive now. There's only 8 cases in my particular county at the moment, but it was 3 yesterday and 1 the day before that.

It's not a fake news liberal hoax.

So far 400 health workers have died in Italy from this virus, I guess some people need to see it happen and to impact them personally to rationally look at the evidence, this is why in the U.S it's going to be devastating.
edit on 26-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
All doctors offices in my town have officially shut down as of now. 8 confirmed cases in the county. No more patients in person, only phone calls to screen to see if you're eligible for a COVID-19 test. You can still get a refill and stuff for things they've already seen you for, but no new patients. If doctors are this scared, so am I.

My nephew is a surgeon in the UK, he's been sounding the alarm for some time now.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just a little information from my end, locally.

Atlanta is almost at bed capacity ( a pipe break at Grady last year put a number of beds out of commission, but other hospitals are also near with the combination of Covid and non-Covid patients).

I live about an hour from Atlanta. The county I live in is mostly semi-rural, and we have zero known or confirmed cases at this point; however, the local hospital has put certain protocols in place:

1. Only essential family member may visit patients, and they may only visit if the patient is on end-of-life care.
2. Visitors must pass a CDC designated health screening to visit.

One of the local Urgent care centers has a tent outside for Covid-19 screening.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I work near DC but live in Warren County (in the mountains) - we just had our first case reported in our county today...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm in nyc honestly all i hear all day is the sirens of ambulances going back and forth, it has gotten bad. The hospitals are so full here there are lines and lines of people outside just waiting, if its ti get tested or what I'm not sure I've just driven by. My sister is also a RN, and the scene she describes is def not one of being overhyped. May just not be widespread in your area.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So, if your kid gets tonsillitis, too bad? They're only treating virus cases...
You have a crappy healthcare system in your town.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Yeah, that strikes me as BS of the highest order, the claim that the doctors all shut down when there's cases and a death in the county. The claim seriously makes me question his supposed "doctors in the family", too.
Broski, I got a nurse across the street with a toddler and an infant. If doctors all around were starting to close their doors, she wouldn't have had a regularly scheduled ped visit yesterday (Thursday)

I'm going to run this claim of "closed offices" by her tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure of what she's going to say -- "That person of full of s#, they wouldn't close unless they're taking money and running from the law. I wouldn't believe anything that person says."
edit on 3/27/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think I believe the hype. It seems intense!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

In our Ohio city, we're getting many more sirens. My husband and I noticed it separately.
edit on 27-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Just want to add this: Youngest casualty in France (it's in Norwegian, but google translate etc.)

"A 16 year old girl is France's youngest casualty of covid-19".

It's just a reminder that this not only affects older people. And yes, it's only ONE case in many but "she didn't have any known underlying diseases". I've read some of these examples here and there. Again, only a few, but they're there in plain view.

As for overhype? Maybe, but here in my small city we we've had a very slow increase in infected people, which COULD be due to the strict measures taken. Either way, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? It's not like I'm cheering for the fact they closed kindergartens, meaning I have both rascals at home in addition to trying to finish school work before the designated deadlines, but if it does indeed help the situation then by all means.

I'm more worried about mental health and economic consequences. I view myself as a healthy individual, but being stuck at home is not good for anyone over prolonged periods. Kids need to interact with each other, and the same goes for adults, although we can cope better perhaps (most). Worse off are those with abusive parents who cherish going to school or meeting friends just because they can leave the house and be rid of the terrorist regime at home.

For small business owners? Wow. Will there be anything to return to whenever this is over? Still, I wouldn't want to be in any governmental shoes right now taking decisions. I have no doubt that many wrong choices have been made, but they can't just sit idly by and watch their countries be utterly decimated without having taken any measures at all. So, even though I'm not a fan of the usual lying politician, there are those who try. That means being prepared for the worst, even though things may be overhyped.

edit on 27 3 2020 by Skeletonized because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dainfamusgc

I'm in nyc honestly all i hear all day is the sirens of ambulances going back and forth, it has gotten bad. The hospitals are so full here there are lines and lines of people outside just waiting, if its ti get tested or what I'm not sure I've just driven by. My sister is also a RN, and the scene she describes is def not one of being overhyped. May just not be widespread in your area.

Thank-you for confirming what's going on in NYCity. The officials there really dropped the ball by encouraging people to congregate, even after the U.S. Government had issued an Urgent Health Warning about Covid-19.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Sorry to hear it but I think it's going to be a common occurrence in these boards.
Stay safe stay healthy.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Our pediatrician was the first to close his doors yesterday morning. The other doctors followed suit one by one.

It's coming to your area too. Thank you Nyiah for calling me a liar. I also never said I had any doctors in the family. My mother in law owns a healthcare facility in Dallas, but she's not a doctor.

edit on 27-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join