It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the health clinic today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree, clinical observation is not the same as a provable test, and the global lack of an affordable, widely available blood-test (antibody) test has bedeviled this virus.

Still now in SA (with a nationwide lock-down) most people will only be tested for Corona if they visited China or Italy, for example, although the US is working on it.

It baffled me two weeks back when I went to the clinic with a sore throat and asked for a test, and they basically said nope, unless you've been to one of these countries, or your symptoms are very severe (apparently with the nostril-probe test we have now, it otherwise gives a false negative anyway).

I thought what? With HIV it took ten years before I got the clinical symptoms of AIDS.
But thank heavens I knew in time, because I never infected anybody else and I started treatment in time to save my immune system (those who start too late might recover, but their CD4 counts never go up beyond the low 100's, which means they are far worse off than me at the moment).

That's what I was told anyway.

But I never got the feeling the clinic staff thought it was over-hyped, more like their own options were very limited.
In fact, both the Doctor and I were extremely jumpy of each other already.
It was not a comfortable visit.

edit on 26-3-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: LordAhriman

Nope. Gods honest truth.
I’m in Indiana if that makes a difference.
Maybe is hitting harder where you are.

www.livenewson.com...

There seems to be a cluster right in the middle of your state. I am thinking that is an urban center. I do not know Indiana.
Looking on that map is your county showing any cases or are there any in neighboring counties?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
a reply to: Bluntone22

Did you really get a tetanus shot?

Or was it something else?

Yep, tetanus...
Nothing related to any kind of shenanigans

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ambulances?
You think they have pick up with this going on?
No dear, these people are getting themselves or someone in their family is getting them to the hospital.

And again I will ask where are you located. I know you are in Illinois. Which county or are there cases in your county or in neighboring counties?
What is your point of view for your determination?

edit on 3262020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nope. Gods honest truth.
I’m in Indiana if that makes a difference.
Maybe is hitting harder where you are.

www.livenewson.com...

There seems to be a cluster right in the middle of your state. I am thinking that is an urban center. I do not know Indiana.
Looking on that map is your county showing any cases or are there any in neighboring counties?

I’m in Dekalb county, north east corner.
Allen county is where I was, the next county south.

And the middle of the state is Indianapolis

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

She says pretty much, but they are not telling you how bad the regular flu is this year.
No bull, she said they are not reporting the numbers relating to the regular flu.

How can they know, unless they're testing every patient with flu symptoms for the COVID19 virus?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My wife is a nurse and our family knows the risks I take every day I go into work.

It's part of the job.

*shrugs*

I work 40 hours a week at Walmart, buddy. Lol I'm on the front lines. At this point I treat it like I already have it. I come home and say hi to everyone from a distance, and spend the rest of the evening in the basement playing guitar, video games, and trolling.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yeah, you guys got it worse than we do.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not. I have no idea where you work. I can tell you that Walmarters in mid Missouri give zero f's.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I saw almost 700 cases and 12 deaths in Indiana.
Was there any where you were?
Hopefully those folks will never have to deal with it. That would be amazing.

I am in Virginia. We have fewer cases and fewer deaths. It is in the counties around me but none in my city as of today.
As we know these things change by the hour.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

You may want to consider donating blood plasma since you have a new tetanus shot. They make meds to treat tetanus with it. They also pay you for your donation and you can donate up to two times a week . I know several people who donate on a regular schedule. They are mostly retired military folks. Pays about 350 a month.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not. I have no idea where you work. I can tell you that Walmarters in mid Missouri give zero f's.

Nope it was serious.

At my hospital they have a cleaning team that wipes everything down every 4 hours.

They take a temp before you walk into the door.

No visitors, just staff and potential patients.

The patients are treated in a triage area and isolated if they show any indication.

Walmart?

They just let anyone in.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

spend the rest of the evening in the basement trolling.

NO! I find that difficult to believe.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

She says pretty much, but they are not telling you how bad the regular flu is this year.
No bull, she said they are not reporting the numbers relating to the regular flu.

How can they know, unless they're testing every patient with flu symptoms for the COVID19 virus?

I think they test them for the other types of flu.
She didn’t go into great detail.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My brother in law works for a document shredding company and he says they take his temp when he walks in the hospital door.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
NO! I find that difficult to believe.

It's true 😐

I should probably grow up one of these days, but that sounds terrible.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah I figured that was a city. Thats a lot in a tight area. Dont go there if you dont have to.

The cases in Virginia actually surround me then there is another cluster up north near DC.

I am keeping my distance for sure.
I had to make my own wipes with vodka because I couldn't even find alcohol in the store.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I disagree with everyone on here. They are treating Covid patients there too, and now you are toast. Have you written a living trust yet? Do it today

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I disagree with everyone on here. They are treating Covid patients there too, and now you are toast. Have you written a living trust yet? Do it today

I was told all respiratory cases and people with flu like symptoms were going to two of their other clinics.
Mine was for regular medical issues

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I think you're lying. I said it. My ex wife, best female friend ever, and three other people in my close circle of friends are treating COVID-19 patients right now and they compare it to living in a horror movie. None of them will visit friends or family right now, and my ex wife has given me full custody until this is over because she doesn't want to bring it home to the kids.

I guess I'm a liar too then. There have been zero CV cases in my county and the next county over. A family member was tested recently but the results aren't in yet. People here feel it's over-hyped as well. We'll see how they feel when the first case shows up.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I guess I'm a liar too then. There have been zero CV cases in my county and the next county over. A family member was tested recently but the results aren't in yet. People here feel it's over-hyped as well. We'll see how they feel when the first case shows up.

Read the whole thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join