It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the health clinic today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I ran a brad nail through my finger last night..
Never done that before...lol...a through and through...no biggie

Anyway, I figured I needed a tetanus shot to be on the safe side so I called the ready care.
My normal location is closed because of the virus and the rest of the locations are divided between respiratory and regular issues.

I get to the building and there are two ladies at the parking garage asking questions and directing traffic..
I walk inside and two more ladies are screening patients and taking temperatures.

Entering the office, the receptionist in mask and gloves does her thing.
So I ask, is this all overhyped?
She says I think it is,,,, only the receptionist so grain of salt there.

On to the exam room for blood pressure and what not...
She says it probably is a bit.

The doctor comes in and inspected my wounds.
She was happy because she could fix me right up as opposed to the rest of her day thus far.

You know it’s coming..

She says pretty much, but they are not telling you how bad the regular flu is this year.
No bull, she said they are not reporting the numbers relating to the regular flu.
She called it something like type one ,,,,I forgot what it was.

It was an interesting visit..

This virus crap is all over the place.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think you're lying. I said it. My ex wife, best female friend ever, and three other people in my close circle of friends are treating COVID-19 patients right now and they compare it to living in a horror movie. None of them will visit friends or family right now, and my ex wife has given me full custody until this is over because she doesn't want to bring it home to the kids.
edit on 26-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Nope. Gods honest truth.
I’m in Indiana if that makes a difference.
Maybe is hitting harder where you are.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I disagree.

In our community it was treated in a similar manner until we got our first case, then it struck home to many.

Some are obviously over-reacting.

I know of several people who have quit just because the hype scared them.

Treat it seriously, calmly, rationally, and you'll be fine.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You were at a clinic... you're probably now counted on some list of infected and your local state is using you as a potential ICU bed statistic. Be more careful next time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol, my google search history already has me on a few lists...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The lack of ambulances seen by those of us who are out in the streets all day tells us that the human Carnage in the United States is way overhyped..

If you really look into the details it's obvious that we are all part of a planned hoax.

Their goal is to damage president Trump.

Right now big state democratic Governors are taking the lead, along with the mainstream media, who have been anti America terrorists for quite a few years.

This will become clearer as we get closer to November and the illogical craziness of this hoax is realized by more average Americans.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

For most people, it ain't no big thang, but for those it hits hard ... it's a big deal and no joke at all and very, very serious situation indeed.

There really doesn't seem to be much middle ground there.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I disagree.

In our community it was treated in a similar manner until we got our first case, then it struck home to many.

Some are obviously over-reacting.

I know of several people who have quit just because the hype scared them.

Treat it seriously, calmly, rationally, and you'll be fine.

It seems to be one extreme or the other though, and my friends in the medical field treating this are the ones at one extreme, while carewemust is at the other. I'm going to trust the people who are working in the reality of it.

This stuff is BAD, and I have two friends who have tested positive now. There's only 8 cases in my particular county at the moment, but it was 3 yesterday and 1 the day before that.

It's not a fake news liberal hoax.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I've spent too much time in military hospitals where people were actually blown to hell and back to get all "skeery" just yet.

If it surpasses the hells I've seen then I'll apologize.

Until then, we'll treat this seriously, calmly, rationally.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I’m not doubting your friends at all.
I just wanted to report my own experience today.

It actually Surprised me when they told me their opinions.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Where are you located? That might make a big difference. If those people have only been in your city dealing with your issues its not really a good view of the world wide situation. Just consider that.
They are now putting two on a ventilator in NY by rigging up two hoses. Not ideal but it may help keep people alive.
Its not over hyped.
Its bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I dont have reason to believe the original post is a lie.

A buddy of mine who's military got home last week on a last flight out of europe and started to feel I'll a day after he got back. Luckily his whole family had left before he got home so he could isolate due to the travel so none of them were around him.

Lo and behold he tested positive- for him he ended up only with a fever for about a day then was on the mend.

I'm sure theres a lot of people this hits super hard. Either way my family has been pretty strictly staying home and social distancing for a couple weeks now...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Tell him to take it easy and stay in bed. Some people felt better in the beginning only to spiral down quickly.
This takes weeks to recuperate.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've spent too much time in military hospitals where people were actually blown to hell and back to get all "skeery" just yet.

If it surpasses the hells I've seen then I'll apologize.

Until then, we'll treat this seriously, calmly, rationally.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, seriously, and I thank you for your service. But that's not a contagious virus you can bring home to your loved ones. My nurse buddies are terrified right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My wife is a nurse and our family knows the risks I take every day I go into work.

It's part of the job.

*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I apologize for accusing you of lying. I do, however, think that when it hits your local community that it will completely change their tone. This stuff is NASTY!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

He never did say if they were actually dealing with covid where he is. Only that they were screening and taking temps.
They didnt even seperate him from the people getting screened so I am betting there wasnt a single case in that facility.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Did you really get a tetanus shot?

Or was it something else?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There have been eight tested positive in the county the clinic is located in and one death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join