It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did tuberculosis not crash our hospitals?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: LordAhriman

And if people wouldn’t be too poor or stupid to live in densely packed virus breading grounds that cause hotspots, the Coronavirus wouldn’t be spreading like wildfire. And wouldn’t be overwhelming hospitals. Using your logic, is that false.

Nope. I agree 100%. Stupid people don't obey stay at home orders when a pandemic is happening.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Never mind the fact that YOU"RE putting your life in someone else's
hands with every injection. I watched a guy back in 96 fight four
interns and a security guard one night over a tetanus shot. All that
was is fear. Had not a damn thing to do with his IQ.
edit on 26-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: neutronflux

And if people wouldn’t be too poor or stupid to live in densely packed virus breading grounds that cause hotspots, the Coronavirus wouldn’t be spreading like wildfire. And wouldn’t be overwhelming hospitals. Using your logic, is that false.

Nope. I agree 100%. Stupid people don't obey stay at home orders when a pandemic is happening.

It doesn’t have much to do with stay at home orders. You think that’s why Italy is in so much trouble? Simply because people violated quarantine. The damage was done before quarantine. Populations stuck in tight people filled apartments, taking their trash to the same spot, having to rely on people running garbage trucks and removing trash, congregating in hospitals and test sites, cramming public transportation, having to congregate in tent cities for the very poor. Populations living in unnaturally dense populations is the root cause.
edit on 26-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And quote where quarantine will stop the pandemic. You might educate yourself on the realistic goal of self isolation.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Darn those people that have to take out the trash? Go out to get food. Or go to the hospital for medical emergencies. Are you saying if we just locked everyone in a room for three months, end of the pandemic? Do you think that would be a sure fire cure?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I drive truck OTR I suppose I should just stay at home and let people
as smart as you starve?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To the last few responses, nope. Just keep your distance from other people if you can. You can still drive a truck and take out the trash. It's not a guarantee you won't get it, but flocking to grocery stores to panic shop is almost a guarantee you will get it. I am keeping 10 feet between me and my children right now, because I work at Walmart, and we still went fishing today.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I thought you might change your tune. You seem to form your opinions
around what you think is best for you. But it's obvious you don't know
anything.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
To the OP, Doc Holiday was in Tombstone Arizona for the dry mountain air.

A big chunk of the American West was populated by people who had been exposed to, or had caught TB. Humidity was known to spread TB.

Lot of towns in west Texas grew up around sanitariums. The one in my home town was founded because a girls' orphanage in Czechago 1899 had a TB outbreak. They bought the girls tickets on a southbound train to Texas. The town was full of little old ladies when I was a kid. Girls who had survived the TB and gone on to get married and have families and some had business careers there. They had known each other since childhood at the girls' home in Chicago...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I thought you might change your tune. You seem to form your opinions
around what you think is best for you. But it's obvious you don't know
anything.

Where did I change my tune? Lol. Stay at home orders do not mean you can't continue your trucking job, or take out the trash. Just stay home if you can, and keep your distance from people if you can't. Wash your hands, don't touch your face.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

In other words people die! Get over it for cripes sake's.
The fear of death is being played against us. But everybody dies.

Except the Queen I guess and King Henry's Sire= Henry Kissinger.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Lets see

Stupid people don't obey stay at home orders

I was stupid up until the point that trucks might stop moving
to obey. And you and your kids might starve. Because you're to smart
to depend on yourself instead of wal-mart.

A very cynical lol

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Because people who aren't dumb are vaccinated for it.

Actually while I have had Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) (long story, lived in a third world country from 76-80 and we all got rounded up and vaccinated with it.

Many do not now and I can tell you we get titers drawn yearly now in lieu of a chest xray or skin test and the vaccination has worn off as I used to react to the skin tests

From a care standpoint, TB required nursing home level care generally and there was no cure when it was rampant so it was one of those end of life deals
edit on 3/26/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Life is much more important than money.

Now if we could only get conservatives to understand this, everything would be fine.

But, that is the antithesis of their belief.

Economy before life. What a shame.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I drive truck OTR I suppose I should just stay at home and let people
as smart as you starve?
a reply to: carsforkids

If you drive OTR, you ARE home.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

If you drive OTR, you ARE home.

Really what do you know about it? I'm home right now
but leave Monday.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Every time I go out in decent PPE to the store and such I am always weirded out by the number of people not taking this situation seriously.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

To the last few responses, nope. Just keep your distance from other people if you can. You can still drive a truck and take out the trash. It's not a guarantee you won't get it, but flocking to grocery stores to panic shop is almost a guarantee you will get it. I am keeping 10 feet between me and my children right now, because I work at Walmart, and we still went fishing today.

That is very different than your original post....

Nope. I agree 100%. Stupid people don't obey stay at home orders when a pandemic is happening

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProbablyJustSchizo
Every time I go out in decent PPE to the store and such I am always weirded out by the number of people not taking this situation seriously.

PPE only works if you can don it properly. Wear it properly, and remove it properly. And if it’s contaminated, having a safe and designed place to dispose of it.

Do you throw it away before getting in the car or home? Or you dragging whatever is caught on the PPE home with you?
edit on 27-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Life is much more important than money.

Now if we could only get conservatives to understand this, everything would be fine.

But, that is the antithesis of their belief.

Economy before life. What a shame.

What is more important than providing for your family?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join