It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China responsible for damages because of negliance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If somebody is causing someone else damages because of negliance no matter in what manner this person can be sued. Of course the world has more urgend pproblems to solve but I wonder if China can be sued for this mess they caused with their negliance. I mean, anybody with some knowledge of disease can see the potential danger these unhealthy wet markets have for humans. It is negliance ...and what is happening on our planet could have been prevented if you'd ask me. Maybe you can call it an accident... but in my view prosecution can be a warning and motivation for all nations to keep their health riscs in check.

What do you guys think..? No matter how you twist and turn it it is a very difficult matter. Is it reasonable..is it possible to sue China ... should there be somekind of legislation for nations to minimize an outbreak like this in the future?

edit on 26/3/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There's so many people there, a lot of them can't eat without wet markets. America should be sued for negligence, because we now have more confirmed cases than China. They quarantined, we still havent.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

They quarantined, we still havent.

And we shouldn't

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
There's so many people there, a lot of them can't eat without wet markets. America should be sued for negligence, because we now have more confirmed cases than China. They quarantined, we still havent.

Yes, of course they are in need of these markets but should they not organise those markets in a way that it is practical impossible for dangerous virusses to come in existance. A task for the government to keep an eye on..

edit on 26/3/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes!

China is responsible, but good luck collecting on that judgement.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Just wait until you hear about the New York State and New York City negligence.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
And we shouldn't

We should have about a month ago when the cases were in the single digits. Lock down the cities where there were cases, restrict travel into or out of the country. Two weeks. We would be in much better shape right now. This is going to destroy America.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sure...if china has to pay for all damages done they can return all that money they earned from the capital world the last 30 years or so..and start all over again.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Let's test the patients that had e-cig lung disease, last summer and fall, for antibodies to this coronavirus, first. They presented with very similar clinical and lab features and no answer as to why they developed such serious lung issues has been nailed down.

I'm not convinced this wasn't circulating before the 'official' first cases in China were reported.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And we shouldn't

We should have about a month ago when the cases were in the single digits. Lock down the cities where there were cases, restrict travel into or out of the country. Two weeks. We would be in much better shape right now. This is going to destroy America.

No one is stopping anyone from staying at home. If you're at risk you should definitely stay home.

The excessive spending is going to destroy America more than this virus would though.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
China ain't responsible for negliance...in fact I don't know who is....it might have been Dean Martin, and his Rrrrosemary Bleeds though!

edit on 26-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Suing China will make no difference because the West are the main contenders on researching on bioweapons since WW2. Before Corona we had the flu pandemic. You have corporations in US researching bio warfare itself that population don't even know about. The only way to sue China is start suing USA first. Which countries is the one telling people to vaccinate on flu first? North America.

China isn't the only country researching bioweapons. Read up on the zombie virus thread.
This is capitalism for you on bio research.

People saying China to wipe off debts for the coronavirus. How about we start with USA. USA should be countered sued for the flu virus.
USA should no longer be allowed to enforce any sanctions on any countries by national law. Let see how it goes from there.

edit on 26-3-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

link   
I think I saw yesterday that such US test cases against China are already in the pipeline.

However, according to this Bloomberg opinion, they seem unlikely to succeed.
A company in another country yes, but not against another sovereign state, which enjoy mutually assured immunity.
The legal papers will simply be returned to sender.

www.bloomberg.com...

link   
It's already happening according to this article.
www.ntd.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No one is stopping anyone from staying at home. If you're at risk you should definitely stay home.

That right there is why we exceeded China in total cases today.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Maybe, but they welded people peoples doors shut too.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Look, here's my whole beef with the whole thing.

People, you can stay at home if you want. During times like this you're not going to get fired... Maybe they pay you, maybe they don't... And I hate to sound like a dad, but you should all have savings for a few months anyways, or at least a low interest open line of credit. The former is far superior.

But this whole belief the government should be there to bail out us, and attempt to do the same with the economy is exactly our problem.

Personal responsibility is gone. People just say the government needs to fix _______. Well, there's a high probability not only can they not fix it, there's a good chance they'll make it worse.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No, this would be considered an act of god.

An act of god clause is usually part of a contract but I don't think such a contract exists is this case.

Still, China had no way of knowing travelers who were infected were leaving China and spreading the virus to other countries.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Suing China will make no difference because the West are the main contenders on researching on bioweapons since WW2. Before Corona we had the flu pandemic. You have corporations in US researching bio warfare itself that population don't even know about. The only way to sue China is start suing USA first. Which countries is the one telling people to vaccinate on flu first? North America.

China isn't the only country researching bioweapons. Read up on the zombie virus thread.
This is capitalism for you on bio research.

People saying China to wipe off debts for the coronavirus. How about we start with USA. USA should be countered sued for the flu virus.
USA should no longer be allowed to enforce any sanctions on any countries by national law. Let see how it goes from there.

A research study was just printed in Nature that COVID is not a man-made construct. It is simply a virus that evolved and adapted certain traits to spread more efficiently in humans. So pointing the finger at other nations that have bioweapons programs is not really relevant here.

If anything is concerning about this situation is the revelation that China appears to have placed a level 4 biological research facility inside the heavily populated city Wuhan. WTF were they thinking there?! Maybe COVID was inadvertently spread from wet markets, maybe it accidentally escaped from the research facility in Wuhan, which seems more than just a coincidence when you consider what was reportedly being studied there.

I'm puzzled where you're going with the entire flu angle of this. Influenza has been circulating among human kind for centuries now. Are you claiming that flu vaccinations in the US are somehow harmful and grounds for suing the US?

The fact is, this outbreak didn't originate in the US; it began in China. One can blather on about what bioweapon research is conducted where, or the pros and cons of flu vaccination, but ultimately none of that is going to placate Italy, Spain, South Korea, the UK, or any other hot spots where COVID is wreaking havoc.

If I were China, I'd be worrying more about how the international community is going to respond, and less about what research may or may not be taking place in the US.
edit on 26-3-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But this whole belief the government should be there to bail out us, and attempt to do the same with the economy is exactly our problem.

Personal responsibility is gone. People just say the government needs to fix _______. Well, there's a high probability not only can they not fix it, there's a good chance they'll make it worse.

Perfectly worded!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join