It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smell poop!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not normally known for handing out cash to the masses, Joe Public had hardly closed his front door when the goverment to hand-outs to those locked out from their employment due to Covid counter measures. Then today, again money is to be available to small business owners, at 80% of their annual profits? Not the usual breadline I expected, it then being up to the business owner to perhaps work at cost in the name of keeping his business afloat.Unemployed? Temporay unemployed? Laid off ? All were already in place to support the working man under the dreaded Universal Credit ?

Ordinarily I would have expected to see the PM/Chancellor hang it out till the last minute and only then perhaps offering less than people were asking for. This "Yes...here you go" approach scares me! Remember there will be almost nothing flowing back to the exchequer, no Income tax, no VAT etc. But major cash flow required for these new 'alllowances' , new medical supplies and wages for all those working in a rapidly inflating Health Service.

And all this dependant on Joe Public behaving himself, judging the London riots a while back, some will not play ball and social cohesion is under fire.
edit on Fri Mar 27 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tie No Bows!

People who are unemployed do the coronavirus Hysteria will be eligible for what amounts to $24 an hour of tax free unemployment benefits.

A lot of workers will be begging for their boss to lay them off.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Since they can just invent the money , like the banks do with all loans , it's no problemo amigo .
Not for now anyway.
They can probably write it off after as well.
Keep an eye on the milk supply. If that goes wonky ...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What if...

The money does not even exist?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In the US, unemployment benefits are taxable as regular income, at least at the federal level (states may differ).

Have not yet heard whether the emergency enhancements being pushed forth due to the COVID19 situation will, or will not, be taxed by the federal and/or state governments.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

What if...

The money does not even exist?

I must admit, after observing the worldwide response to this “flu”, if your implication might be closer to the explanation for the “hysteria”.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

People who are unemployed do the coronavirus Hysteria will be eligible for what amounts to $24 an hour of tax free unemployment benefits.

How do you get that from a one time check of $1200 ?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

The federal government is adding $600 per week to whatever you receive from State unemployment. It is unrelated to the $1,200 payment.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

He's talking about the boon to federal unemployment benefits.
www.npr.org...

The bill would also add four months of $600 weekly payments on top of the usual weekly unemployment checks. That is a large bump compared with usual unemployment benefits. According to the Labor Department, the average weekly benefit as of the end of February was about $372.

On average, that means unemployment now pays $972 a week... which equals $24.30 an hour full time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Massachusetts pays $825 a week unemployment benefits, so add that $600 to that and you have unemployed being paid $35.63 an hour! This is effing madness.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: carewemust

Massachusetts pays $825 a week unemployment benefits, so add that $600 to that and you have unemployed being paid $35.63 an hour! This is effing madness.

The $24 an hour came from Senator Lindsey Graham speaking about his state of South Carolina. He was going ballistic on the Sean Hannity Show yesterday.

He said people at McDonald's and other relatively low-wage service industry jobs will be begging to be laid off.

There was an Amendment voted on before the vote for their major Bill last night. Thr Sasse Amendment would have required that unemployment benefits not exceed what a worker would normally make on the job. That amendment was defeated 48 to 48. Needed 60 votes to pass.
edit on 3/26/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The federal government is adding $600 per week to whatever you receive from State unemployment. It is unrelated to the $1,200 payment.

So what about someone like me that relocated and was starting a business in another state I had to quit my job in California to move to Indiana with this plan of living happily ever after in a low cost state.. I mean I literally just got here 2 weeks ago .

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

We will not know about granular details like that until after the final bill is passed and the actual rules are written.

Obama Care legislation was a few thousand pages. But after the rules were written detailing how to implement it, the number of pages ballooned to over 80,000 rules and regulations.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So what about someone like me that relocated and was starting a business in another state I had to quit my job in California to move to Indiana with this plan of living happily ever after in a low cost state.. I mean I literally just got here 2 weeks ago .

Typically, if you quit your job, you do not qualify for unemployment benefits.

You might be out of luck.

Check with both states to be certain.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you were running a very intricate scheme that was a perfect balancing act...wouldn’t you drop mad tons of cash to keep that scheme going than to have people take a couple weeks and figure out that there is a whole other better way to do things, and that way just kinda hedges you out of the equation entirely pretty quickly.

Money? You can ask for foot massages and pretty girl to sit and hold your hand too if you want right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
How is England handling the situation?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Business loans then are forgivable? What’s the stipulation?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
You take the 600 bucks and tax it as a gift which is 42% so if they don't take it on the front end they will get their tax money on the back end when you file next year. So the 600 bucks in reality will only be348.00 which is an average pay check after taxes and insurances and other deductions

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

80 a month extra UC for toilet roll and hand sanitizer, I was puzzled but I will take it, esp since my job on the side is quite the now, FTS or it will fcuk u

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tie No Bows! Then today, again money is to be available to small business owners, at 80% of their annual profits?

It’s not for business owners, it’s for the self employed.

Small business owners have been hung out to dry. They get nothing!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join