It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Secret Mystery Planes Landed At The Air Bases Where I Was Stationed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ziplock9000

And it's quite a bit different to have "secret stuff" and to be ordered inside away from all windows, and put on lockdown. That's not normal by any stretch outside of a testing location like Groom or Tonopah.

Certainly not. Never happened in my 13 years. I asked a buddy of mine who served about 16 years, he never saw or heard of anything like that.

Unusual, but believable, story.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Somewhat related, back when I was doing my glider training in a small country town we were told to stay away from the runway after dark, the RAAF would drop by in total darkness (no runway lighting/Uncontrolled airspace)

They practiced NVG lights out approaches, one night I saw a police car sitting on the taxi entrance and figured it was there for a reason, then either a C-130 or Caribou made a huge racket and dust everywhere but I didn't see it and it wasn't even that far away... pretty sure they were just wheels up approaches.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The closest we came was 160th SOAR coming out. And that was hanging tarps to completely block one side of the hangar. They were flying in daylight, and two days into their classified exercise, it was published in the paper exactly what they were doing.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join