It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get rid of cats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If your mil has a fence, there are these rolling cylindrical barrels that can be installed to keep the cats from jumping inside.

They are usually used to keep cats from jumping outside your fence but work the opposite also.

I love all my rescue cats - please don't shoot, poison, etc these sweet creatures.

You could also call pest control companies to trap them them and take them to a rescue.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A bowl of catfood wired to a high voltage source.

Or foster a dog from the local...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Motion activated water sprinklers are made exactly for situations like this .

Go away

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: solve

I'm sure the traps work fine.
But again, this is my mother in law.

She can't get near cats without an allergic reaction

So you want her to closely interact with the cats or you do not? I'm confused here... in one breath you admit this is your MIL we're talking about, yet in the next breath you seem to wish to avoid doing her harm or causing her distress. These mixed messages are a bit baffling???

Believe it or not I actually got a great mother in law... A unicorn.

That's actually awesome.
I do not have that, in fact I have exactly the opposite but it's not much of an issue. My MIL was so God awful, abusive, and manipulative that my wife estranged her from our lives and we've not had any contact with her whatsoever in nearly 13 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Get to the local zoo or wildlife park.

Ask for an assorted bag of poo from the savage wild talon wielding fanged variety of animals they have and spread it around your mother in laws yard/garden for a while.

The cats will sh*t themselves once and never return for fear of that unknown beast with a thousand heads.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Believe it or not I actually got a great mother in law... A unicorn.

Yeah, they don't actually exist except in our fantasies...lol

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

How to get rid of cats

Feed them.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Some of you people are vile.

May your negative karma come back at you x 3.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No kidding, get yourself a true size or larger than true size statue or figure of an owl or eagle.
Put it on your roof or somewhere high up where it is unmissable. Cats fear large predatory birds.
We had major issues with cats marking around the inlaws' place and since putting up a simple owl statue we haven't seen a single cat there in over 2 years. Hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Find someone from Wuhan, China. I've recently heard they have a wealth of experience dealing with a wide range of critters.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Didn't we learn anything from this pandemic?

Quarantine your MIL and let the pest run wild...

Stay save!

Sincerely NC

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

We are talking about a 70 yr old woman that had shoulder surgery a month ago so she won't be pumping a super soaker unfortunately

My mama is almost 72 and just had shoulder surgery this month. No super soaker required, just a regular old spray bottle she got at Walmart for a dollar. My 94 year old step-dad uses it too. If they're sitting outside and a cat comes anywhere near BAM!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cucumbers. My cats ignore them but some cats...

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Get a dog.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Do you prefer rats and mice? Cause getting rid of all the neighborhood cats is how you get rats and mice.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Do you prefer rats and mice? Cause getting rid of all the neighborhood cats is how you get rats and mice.

If he's anything like me, he doesn't want them 'gone', per-se, just not crapping and chilling in yards that don't belong to them.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Kinda hard to do. Besides, how else are they gonna rid your yard of rodents. People wanting to bake their cake and eat it too. Trust me, the neighborhood cats in the yard are a lot cheaper than exterminators.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
someone in the neighborhood is feeding them. It you can find the source and get them to stop that would solve it but most crazy cat people wont stop feeding the strays. I know she is elderly, but getting her a dog companion would solve the problem

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: solve

I'm sure the traps work fine.
But again, this is my mother in law.

She can't get near cats without an allergic reaction

Well, is it better to deal with them once and have a reaction or deal with them forever?

The only other viable option is sprinklers, but cats aren't easily deterred when they want to be somewhere they find a way. You can remove them to a local shelter (or hire somebody) or remove her somewhere. It's about the only option when you have neighbors who let their pets roam on others property or feed feral cats.

Cats are destructive, defecate everywhere, and kill birds and other small wildlife for fun. There are literally cat lobbyists that come out in droves any time people try to pass rules preventing feral cat colonies and stopping feeding. Unfortunately no matter what your MIL does that's the crap she's up against.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join