It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine Board Game Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So Ive probably infuriated all of ats with my threads at this point.

Today Im taking the rest of the day off. Thought maybe it be a time to play some quarantine board games!

So ill be live streaming my wife, her sister and I playing the hit board game, Ms. Monopoly (which Ive never played. Apparently, it claims to be the first board game where men make more than women!

Ill put a link up shortly to us playing live.

But feel free to post your quarantine board game favorites, or videos of you playing them.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok so feel free to pick on me, call me fat, hate me. Please be nice to my wife and sister.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

My significant other and I are playing with the Ouija Board trying to mystically see if their might be a spirit available to clue us in to the future concerning the pandemic. We found one and, He said not to give out any information but he has a crack team of very smart people helping him, very smart people with lots of very smart experience.

Sorry my brother, about all the Fauxservatives giving you grief because you decided to leave the cult. But after all, what did you expect...freedom to think for yourself? you know that's not allowed.

edit on 26-3-2020 by olaru12 because: semi colon time....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What about video games?

A nice multiplayer strategy game is the best to keep your social distance.

Do it before TPTB takes your internet too.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that fantasy game Siege?

You had little castles that had soft points to target with cannons.
If you hit the spot the castle wall would start to break apart.
Damn, I miss that Game!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have had to cancel my dungeons and dragons groups during this lockdown. It sucks, but playing with them online just isn’t the same. Plus as the DM I want to see their rolls, lol.
edit on 2020/3/26 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We're about to find out why old people had so many kids.

It'll ruin depopulation plans. Virus fail.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Teaching my kids to program with Candyland. I showed the how to arrange the cards to get the desired results. The quickest way to the King Candy is to draw; Queen Frostine, Double Purple, Double Purple, Purple.

I was rigging it for my little one who was getting frustrated by not winning.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Teaching my kids to program with Candyland. I showed the how to arrange the cards to get the desired results. The quickest way to the King Candy is to draw; Queen Frostine, Double Purple, Double Purple, Purple.

I was rigging it for my little one who was getting frustrated by not winning.

Im slightly color blind, and cant tell the differnce between the orange and yellow cards in candyland.

My wife and her friend and i use to play candyland for shots, after every five rounds, whoever was furthest behind on the board had to drink.

They would cheat me by telling me I drew whichever was less, orange or yellow, which increased my chance of drinking.

Devious, but smart

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh, spoiler alert. Despite the rules of Ms. Monopoly being skewed against men, I won.

My wife and her sister are now back in the kitchen making me a sandwich.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I taught the twin grandsons to play checkers a bit last weekend.

Being 6, you can really start to see how their little minds work. One was more thoughtful, thinking about consequences. The other bother didn't think about them, no matter how many times you showed him what would happen. Then got REAL mad, when he lost.

Fun to observe, and just spend time with them though. Little boogers.
edit on 26-3-2020 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Oh, spoiler alert. Despite the rules of Ms. Monopoly being skewed against men, I won.

It's just that Monopoly has so many things men are better at: math, real estate, being cutthroat, thinking. It's almost not fair.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Been playing a board game that i have been working on for a few years actually, its kinda close to Heroquest, I call it...

Heores Of Hyperborea

its an adventure game set in the wilderness of Hyperborea, can be played with 1-4 people,
against a card based event generator,

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Trivial Pursuit - oh dear, I just realized I've got the "South African Revised Edition" from 2004.

Maybe I'll just play guitar, until I break a string?

Now I realize all the stuff I should have gotten before our lock-down an hour ago.

edit on 26-3-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join