It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, it is a bit of a rant. But it is politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So among some of my more “interesting” friends feeding me their ideology on Facebook (and I can tell as someone that sees the stuff removed from the boards that the Political Mudpit is not as bas as what you can see on Facebook regularly) I have been seeing some seriously desperate claptrap to pin every Covid death on Trump as though it was an ordered hit.

Honest to god it is like I am stuck watching the Harambe video on infinite loop. People scream, he stops, stands the kid up, pulls up the kid’s pants, people scream again, he drags the kid away and gets shoot for the effort. Can’t ban people from China eight weeks ago because that’s racist. Trump did nothing for seven weeks but watch people die.

There is a slightly different group of people that just complain, that you wouldn’t expect because they are facing some unpleasant truths. Chief among them was the anarchists that said “if everyone quit working for three weeks...” those are the ones that make me laugh most of all. And what of me? Where do I rate myself on this scale of rants? I faced my mortality long, long ago. Nearly died twice on the same day to be honest. The presumptive death by Covid has no sway over me outside the natural “we’ll try to skip that part if we can” of the disease.

We can make great and powerful changes because of this pandemic. I giant press of the reset button. But from what I have seen, too many are unwilling to give up their illusions. Been quite a few threads on that.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I said it earlier and it bears repeating. I think it was in the movie "Dodgeball" of all places.

"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it."

What we're all seeing, when the chips are down and everyone's back is against the wall, what we're seeing is the true character of people.

Some are awesome. Like the grocery store stockers, the check-out line ladies. Every damned hospital employee.

Some are total dicks. The politicians, the celebrities, the athletes.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We can make great and powerful changes because of this pandemic. I giant press of the reset button. But from what I have seen, too many are unwilling to give up their illusions. Been quite a few threads on that.

The reset button has been pressed already and printed on it in big black letters, it reads.....FASCISM

I too faced death in the military. And as we used to say..."you can't fix stupid"

Rag on me if you want, but I'm atm a caregiver for 3 blind people in my village, With currently no help from their usual provider [a
county employee] who will not break the state wide quarantine.

edit on 26-3-2020 by olaru12 because: syntax repair

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I truly believe you Leftists don’t understand the definition of Fascism.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have been hiding friends and family posts for 30 days, we had a group discussion a few days ago about researching articles, dont just accept what is said without knowing the entire story.

Next day my feed was flooded with articles ripped straight off MSNBC accompanied by outraged comments about how horrible mean and nasty trump is and how they hope him and pence catch the virus.

I am a half step removed from just doing a long over due cleaning on that friends list.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And I truly believe you guys are going to find unity and solidarity before this thing is over...

Can 't believe you guys are still so divided.

Peace
edit on 26-3-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Best I have heard yet, in person, and his back was not against any wall,
emanated from an in-law/informant/possible beard (for unmentionable motives):

“I don’t need liberty. it’s not important.”

However, this board has provided many which surpass this declaration.

I am watching closely, because our fate as a Republic hereby depends in the balance.

# 1090
edit on 26-3-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm sorry to say, my mother is one of those CNN believers. There is nothing Trump could do right in her eyes. This is long from over, but so far, difficult decisions were made, and they seem to be preventing large scale outbreaks. I think the initial worry was about hospitals being over burdened, and the slowing of the spread helped that greatly. There will always be those who once assured themselves they are more correct, and nothing will bring them back to reality. But in a relatively short bit of time, things will go back to normal, and when the dust settles, we can rebuild what's left and I hope, learn some important lessons based on the bad things we encountered.

I do wish everyone here well, and hope that if you are financially hurt, you find help from someone.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Chief among them was the anarchists that said “if everyone quit working for three weeks...” those are the ones that make me laugh most of all.

It seems anyone can be an "anarchist" behind the keys.

In reality, I don't trust anyone on line unless I know them
or have known their history for a good many long years.

Facebook, probably full of the same kind of thing,
though can't really say since I look in about once a year..

Some people are just complainers, no matter how good
things get they will always complain or wait for a reason
to be able to complain. Very negative people seem to
be drawn to Trump for this very reason. He is upbeat
and positive, like a magnet for complainers.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think we need to re-evaluate what's happening in some places and in others, the more extreme measures may be a good idea.

But I think this thing will be worst in densely packed urban areas like NYC. I think outside of those areas, you'll find clusters of infection and places with vulnerable people like senior centers/complexes need to take strong precautions.

I think the real problem is that there seems to be little middle ground. You either barely know you have it or you end up in the hospital. The trick is to discover what the real numbers are of the latter group at any given time in any given area.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

But you remember those crazy calls of if everyone just quit working for three weeks or if no one bought gasoline in a Tuesday....blah, blah, blah.

Well here it is. Exactly how they called it, and they are scared to the point of everyone being TP-less...and I laugh at them because I remember which ones spouted that nonsense then. And are laying the blame at Trump (because they have lost the ability to coherently hold a position in an argument) and these are not just random butt scratchers. These are school teachers, college professors, guidance counselors (schools and mental health outlets). People I have known personally and professionally for years.

Seriously, makes me laugh harder than this girl that had a spot on a soap opera for awhile that thought I was going to ask her out at a Q and A, Meet and Greet.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It constantly floors me the stupid things that are missing at stores.

My sister couldn't find degreaser where she lives as if that would do anything for anyone. All she wanted was to do some simply spring cleaning because she had the time and opportunity ... maybe everyone else did too. Now they've started hoarding eggs according to the news. That one we may actually run out of if its true, but I'm not about to run out and buy 20 cartoons this Sunday.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Well here it is. Exactly how they called it, and they are scared to the point of everyone being TP-less...

Yeah, I remember....

It is a good laugh, I would love to see them cooped
up somewhere next to their stacks of TP....

In reality, I have to wonder how many of them are
happy to hear they will be getting a stimulus check.

If only to be a fly on the the wall.

edit on 26-3-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...Warner Brothers or Hanna-Barbera?

I’d load up on Thundarr the Barbarian, myself, but that is Ruby-Spears and a little harder to find.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That’s the trick too...that check is to keep the system that completely failed and shutdown as a viable option when this ends...instead of doing something completely different. No lie...the US could even potentially adopt the Metric System of all things on the other side at this point to avoid a massive crash like this again.

But we won’t. Because fear will put all the dominoes back in place from this little mishap that bumped a few.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The need to keep the status quo is so strong, they are running reruns of Stephen Colbert than CBS admitting that he sucks without an audience and is not even as entertaining as a Flowbee commercial without the audience to sell the laugh.
edit on 27-3-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join