It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello out there. Emotions and isolation during pandemic,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Audiophile?
Tubes or transistors?

edit on 3/28/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Ok, ya, from .24-.28 for sure..sounded like Jurassic Park, damn, now we got to deal with giant raptors!!

LOL It was very still while filming the I played it back, it is really loud on my phone, and creepy

I put it on my big stereo, turned it up pretty good..holy, ya, that was weird for sure.

WOW

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Audiophile?
Tubes or transistors?

Both have their qualities but I lean to tubes

Tubes in the fall/winter, transistors in summer, still running tubes now..Single ended triodes
Most of my support gear will always be tube, such as the preamp, DAC, and phonostage.
edit on 28-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Remember when hardware stores had tube testers?

If you do, you're in the high risk category.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Absolutely I do, my friend has one of those drug store units..pretty cool. I have a few brief case type testers.

This is how I have been dealing with all the spare time, got to have hobbies, but it's getting hard on the back

edit on 28-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It is officially over folks I have lost my mind.

youtu.be...

edit on 14-4-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Hangin there. We will persevere. I am out here everyday, trying to do buisness out here still. It’s starting to get hard, but when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Laurel Canyon: Military Intelligence Family Backgrounds of the Iconic 60s Counterculture Rock Stars

www.winterwatch.net...

I remembered reading aboutthis and wanted to refresh my memory

It was the major record labels, not upstart independents, that signed Laurel Canyon’s newly-formed bands. It was the major labels that provided them with instruments and amplifiers. It was the major labels that provided them with studio time and session musicians. The bands themselves were initially lacking in skilled musicians and were very manufactured. It was the major labels that recorded, mixed and arranged their albums. It was the major labels that released and then heavily promoted those albums. And so as not to be left out, the corporate titans of all three branches of the mainstream media – print, radio and television – did their part to help out the titans of the record industry. Thus, we see once more that such movements were not organic.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My youngest son told me that he never wants to have any children because the world has no future.

This broke my heart - He is 22 years old.

I am teary now just writing this. Just 6 months ago everything was perfect in my life,

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

OMG I AM SCREAMING!

Storm I never knew you made jewelry! OMG. I love it. Do you have a site, pm me please if you do. I love the bracelets!

What style do you stick with most? Have you ever used precious metal clays? I am going to get into that next, it will allow me to do my own designs. The ones I really want to do, they are tulips. I found metal clay on Facebook and knew that is what I needed to learn. For now I use beads and I mostly use vintage European beads and ancient beads. I LOVE ancient beads and I go nuts over them. I also love Dutch Trade Beads and other types of trade beads but mostly the Dutch ones. I have some ancient roman glass beads, Egyptian, some cool Neolithic stone beads. I am waiting on some medieval pieces and I recently got some cool bronze Viking crosses.

I started making jewelry myself and I am loving it. I always wanted to do it and as a kid I use to take broken pieces and make new pieces out of them. It was how I could afford jewelry and all the accessories I had as a kid lol. I have never sketched so much in my life. I carry this metal make up box with me everywhere, not now, and it holds all my supplies and a sketchpad I draw my pieces in. I like to take one main bead and draw from there. I found that to be easier than sitting infront of a ton of beads with tooo many options. I was to open my Etsy shop last month but due to the virus I decided to wait so I post my progress on my shops Instagram page. I can't wait to be able to go to art shows and the local jewelry shows they have that I have always wanted to do since I was a kid. Now I can!

I feel you on the emotions of all this. I am working from home with my son who is almost 7. It's a challenge. I just want this all to be over with and we can at least go back to work. I am not good with working from home, it bothers my massive OCD and it makes me very uncomfortable so it's an adjustment.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I don't have a site just started posting on youtube, getting ready to post another video of rings I have made, yes i Have some old trade beads and trinkets from Afghanistan and Ethiopia I will show it on youtube.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

My youngest son told me that he never wants to have any children because the world has no future.

This broke my heart - He is 22 years old.

I am teary now just writing this. Just 6 months ago everything was perfect in my life,

AW that sucks, he might change his mind. But I understand how he feels

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Hangin there. We will persevere. I am out here everyday, trying to do buisness out here still. It’s starting to get hard, but when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!!!

Amen

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child so I will post this here

www.citadelpoliticss.com...

Newly Discovered evidence Shows WHO Plotted with Fauci & Birx To Destroy US Economy

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

This has been difficult, I wouldn't mind it if my hubby wasn't in a nursing/rehab home. Had to watch him loaded on an ambulance knowing I couldn't see him for a long time. Now he's in a room with a window so we can talk on the cell phone and look at each other. Daughter is in Washington State I'm in Alabama, can't see her. I've been doing lots of gardening planting flowers and veggies putting up bird feeders so hubby can watch them from the back deck when he finally comes home.

We just have to be as positive as we can be and when this is over remember to cherish the moments. Just remember you're an awesome person and we will come through this.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Maybe encourage him to come up with the tools, inventions, and concepts that could change that?

Thats what my dad did for me.. among so many other things.

Wanted to give a random tip for isolation too..

Whether its typical art, or engineering, we dont always need to create it for others to appreciate or even see at all. Sometimes the best pieces of work are for ourselves, and our perceptions of it change over the years.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i am afraid to hang my flag this year, this it what it has come to.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The last Trump is the voice of God

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join